Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying traits of radio presenters.....

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Sharon ni bheolain

brotests = protests

eee gone amy = economy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Ciaran Murphy on Off the Ball. Lisp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

Firetrap wrote: »
    Ciaran Murphy on Off the Ball. Lisp

is a lisp a trait?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

Anyone who says pitcher for picture or pacific for specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The general smugness of Ger Gilroy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Paul Collins' breathing too close to the mic on today FM.
    Almost anything said by Ian Dempsey.
    Anyone and anything said by the people from AA roadwatch - what a waste of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

The smugness of Ken Earley.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

Newsreaders who cannot say off,they say orf,as in the game kicks orf at 7.30.

OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF,IT'S NOT F*CKING DIFFICULT YOU SHOWER OF CANTS:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Any attempt of banter from Yates and the awful Donoghue is so fake it's hilarious. Partridge-esque.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

It seems to be compulsary to really pronounce the letter "r" as "oar" on tv and radio these days....especially by the wimin....:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Most of T. Fentons rhyming slang and saying "classic" for almost every song

Matt Cooper (Debut = Dayboo)

Ray D'Arcy constantly getting buttons wrong ("What's going on there, no, no, stop, stop... eject)

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

George Hook mentioning "the lovely Ingrid" or " a member of the Hook clan" in every interview. Not to mention his ill - informed rants and crying over poxy cricket results.

Shut up George Hook, you're as bad as that Joe clown.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭four18

Guess Who.... Audrey this Audrey that and Skye.............:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Omeceron

Every 2FM presenter asking you to text in every 2 minutes.

"Text about a time you crossed the road"
    "Text in and tell us about a time....."

How much money do they make off of these text messages?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Radiotower wrote: »
    Tony Fentons rhyming slang...

George Hooks interviewing (himself) - usually tells a big story about himself/his childhood etc and then just asks "do you agree?" - doesn't seem to listen to the answer and then takes into his next antedote....

Larry Gogan starts every sentence with a little laugh/chuckle (is he still on radio - I dont listen to 2fm that much)

Will Leahy, is it? on 2fm - always seems to shouting about the weekend coming up..

Completely with you on the Larry one, he makes that noise at the end of songs too...so feckin annoying,bloody hair-dyed dinosaur!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,022 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Presenters telling us that "the weekend starts here".

Tony Fenton, who give you the right to say that the weekend starts at 3pm on a Friday during your show? Why does it not start at 1pm before you start, or 5pm, after you finish.

My weekend will bloody well start whenever I decide it does, thank you very much

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

The general smugness of Ger Gilroy.
    Ditto Ken Earley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 sexualsheep

aaahhh (sharp intake of breath akin to Ray D'arcy before he decides to campaign on some other crusade as jaaany kaaaly laughs moronically)

Here is the comprehensive list:

Ray Foley: 'the big shoooww', 'i was spotted today', you know what, I hope you get spotted by a sniper team who use cat turds instead of live rounds and who have an uncanny talent for targeting the human mouth.

Tony Fenton: 'Rully greaat toooon' in reference to a madonna track, or else a reference to someone who maybe recorded a track in the today fm studio six years ago as having 'just popped in'. No Tony, Lilly Allen was paid a fee and only came on your show to promote her record. Also referring to someone's current song as the 'new song' from that artist. Maybe the most current thing written by Beethhoven was his Ninth Symphony but it is by no means new.

Ray D'arcy: pretty much covered above.

Everyone on 2fm: will leahy SHOUTY MAN WHO DOESN'T KNOW THAT HE DOESN'T NEED TO SHOUT, OWING TO THE WONDERS OF MODERN BROADCASTING. Ruth whatever from caslterea. Rick O'Shea who sounds like he gets elocution lessons from Tony Fenton when he's stoned. Don't know any of the others. Oh and of course RYAN TUBRIDY who talks like a news editor from a gangster movie set in the forties having a severe bout of constipation. All he needs now is a trilby and an adult nappy.

Jaarrrrge HAAAAAKK (George Hook): Fake American accent which occasionally reverts to it's Corconian drone in words such as 'loik' or 'knooow' which makes him sound oddly like he's just managed to readjust his testicles from below his knees. His repugnant arse licking of captains of industry and right wing nut jobs. 'The Laaaavly Ungrid'; I am convinced that this is just an imaginary person whom he concocted to divert suspicion from the fact that he molests Tom Dunne round the back of the bike sheds.

Eamonn Dunphy: Where to start? Arrogant Michael O'Leary fan with about as much grasp on football or politics as an arm-less man would have on an oiled sheet of galvanised iron. Shouts over people. Constantly. Talks HIMSELF into circular arguments. And the way he sounds like a pissed Barry from Fair City. Oh and a complete lack of knowledge on everything, proving that the Cartesian maxim 'I think therefore I am' may have an exception. He doesn't think but he's definitely there.

Tom Dunne: Boredom on tap. 'Teday we're going to be visiting Mrs Murphy in Mullingar who has the largest collection of Glenroe paraphernalia, in Mullingar.' Go back to playing music Tom!

MOOOYYYYCCCUUULL MAAAACCCCMMUUULLLLUUUNN: Ok, disregarding the fact that he talks like some sort of unholy love child resulting from a night of lustful drug induced passion between Lloyd Grossman and a heifer falling off a cliff, he routinely viciously slags off people when they ring in in a kind of 'I'm right you're wrong, my Mammy told me so' manner. Fair enough you say, if people ring in then that's their choice..BUT THEN HE DOES A FULL U TURN IF THE NEXT CALLER SAYS THE OPPOSITE THING. And I think he's an Arsenal fan.

The Newstalk Breakfast Show: Ivan Yates, who consistently glottally massages the inky phallus of his capitalist masters saying how great employers are and how lazy teachers and workers in this country are. Fine, if that's your opinion you're entitled to it, but an ex TD who's drawing a massive pension and who presumably is drawing a considerable salary for doing four hours work every morning has no moral authority on that topic. And then there's Chris, 'thdaddthy Ivan thdaddthy Ivan, where thdo babies come from?'

Marianne Finucane and Joe Duffy: No explanation needed.

Matt Cooper: The way he always sounds like he's halfway through a **** and chewing a murrays mint when talking. The way he has to sound inflamed about everything. The way he says 'tree' instead of 'three'. And the main reason, he gives free reign to Cal Thomas without ever criticising him for the demented conservative bigot that he is.

So basically that leaves us with Paul McLoone and the shipping forecast as viable things to listen to....and I didn't even dip my toes into local radio!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

:eek:

You squeezed a fairly big boil there, my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Can sexualsheep's post be made a Sticky?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Chris Greene from i105/iRadio needs a good punch in the face with his "yuh" thing he does, I swear I cant listen to him because of that. Im not sure why he does it, does he think it's funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sitexorbis

Dave Fanning pronouncing the letter t as an s. Brad Piss and Arse Garfunkel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Matt Cooper: "Thanks to the boat of you"

Damien Kiberd: "For sure", and the occasional other bits of hepcat, down-with-the-kids lingo that he uses, presumeably to promote his inane view of himself as an anti-Elite campaigner.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,022 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

We are all grumpy old men(women).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

Any attempt of banter from Yates and the awful Donoghue is so fake it's hilarious. Partridge-esque.

Yates wasnt even on the show and Donoghue still started the show after the 8 o clock news that 'Mr Yates got a better offer in Kerry' seriously, do you honestly think what 'Mr Yates' is doing, just tell us the news and do stop asking us to text in.

Ps- if you want to sound like a kid then keep referring to your co-host as 'Mr Yates'

if Donoghue corrected his dreadful pronouncation of de ledder T and stopped treating his co-host with near messiah status then he'd be a decent presenter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

bamboozle wrote: »
    if Donoghue corrected his dreadful pronouncation of de ledder T

twitta - Twitter
    satiday -Saturday
    t'vatiken - The Vatican

Christ its like nails down a blackboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Matt Cooper - text in to win tickets for the game on Saherday

That and everything in sexualsheep's post.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

Ian Dempsey constantly going on about his iPhone, putting RTE's product placement to shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 yungb

tony fenton - playing the same songs EVERYDAY!!! i could give a good guess of what he will play tomorrow

jenny kelly - god she loves the sound of her own overly posh voice. sometimes i think she's american and her laugh Grrrrr.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Ken Early

Ken Early

Ken Early, and

mainly, Ken Early commenting on a live game. Cringe.

Advertisement