Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Blue850

biko wrote: »
    Gorilla tape? Or any black tape that is super adhesive.

Caulfields do the original Gorilla tape

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Looking for Traffic Film Remover - I know SOMEWHERE in Galway will have it, just can't be arsed driving around everywhere looking for it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

Halfords...

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_199291_langId_-1_categoryId_212414

You can "Check stock in my local store" on that website to see if it is still available there.

:cool:

Halfords...

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_199291_langId_-1_categoryId_212414

You can "Check stock in my local store" on that website to see if it is still available there.

:cool:

Thanks for the link. I seen that alright, but just worried that it may not be as tough a concentrate/have enough of the crucial ingredient.

I'll give it a shot and see!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Thanks for the link. I seen that alright, but just worried that it may not be as tough a concentrate/have enough of the crucial ingredient.

I'll give it a shot and see!

Aha, the doomsday machine has a flaw! No wonder we're still here... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I've about 40 dvds, some never even opened in cellophane wrapper.
    Where can I sell these in town, even for a small amount?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

snubbleste wrote: »
    Go to the Sunday market

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Ficheall

snubbleste wrote: »

Any decent ones in the lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

The pawn shops will take them. They wont give you much though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Stick them on adverts.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

Hey guys, I need to buy my Godson a present for his Christening next month and although i'm stuck on what to actually get I was thinking there may be a baby shop around that would have that kind of stuff.. Personalised blankets, silver frames etc. Anything in the city? (i'm not from around here! :) )

Also if anyone has any unique ideas for gifts do tell! Someone mentioned framed disney stock in an old thread over at the gifts section which i thought was about the best i've heard so far... anything else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 asdfght

Hi does anybody know where can I get a body measuring tape?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Flynn wrote: »
    Hey guys, I need to buy my Godson a present for his Christening next month and although i'm stuck on what to actually get I was thinking there may be a baby shop around that would have that kind of stuff.. Personalised blankets, silver frames etc. Anything in the city? (i'm not from around here! :) )
    Cotton On in Eyre Sq shopping centre do lovely personalised gifts. I got a gorgeous baby blanket in there with little fellas name and date of birth embroidered onto it. Think it was €32 you can get a more basic one for about a tenner less but this was really soft and plush! Also they gift wrap it in cellophane with a big bow, makes a lovely gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭jkforde

asdfght wrote: »
    Hi does anybody know where can I get a body measuring tape?

might a tailoring or dressmaking measuring tape do?.. try the Singer shop on Middle Street

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

Hi Folks.
    I'm looking for someone to clean my chimney in knocknacarra.
    If you could recommend anyone for me?
    Need it done quickly. Can't see any sign of the summer coming and out of oil!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Try Mixie Harty (if he is still doing it) or Keating Cleaning. Both should be in the phone book.

RuthieRose wrote: »
    Hi Folks.
    I'm looking for someone to clean my chimney in knocknacarra.
    If you could recommend anyone for me?
    Need it done quickly. Can't see any sign of the summer coming and out of oil!!!:mad:

this fella's sticker is stuck on the side of our fireplace, haven't used him so don't know if he's reliable... Keating Cleaning 087.2756538

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

Anyone know where I can buy tins of Roses? I need a few but although Joyces in Knocknacarra had them over Easter, I can't find them now. Have tried Tesco and Dunnes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭tiger_cub

maybe try londis on newcastle road across the hospital? may only have boxes but it's still worth a shot.

I'm looking for foam cushion stuff. I need stuff that kinda waterproof'ish and doesn't compress too much.

Size not important as I can cut to size but need 43cm x 33cm, thickness again doesn't matter too much, old stuff was about 8mm thick

See pics to see what i'm on about... where would I get the stuff?

2-2.jpg
    1-2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Best priced HDMI lead in galway? Maplins must have the cocaine coated variety only.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭CornsnakeKeeper

barryd09 wrote: »
    Best priced HDMI lead in galway? Maplins must have the cocaine coated variety only.
    Xtravision loughrea has gold plates ones for 9quid. Not bad seeing as adverts cheapest was 15 when I looked. I assume they are all the same price in each store!! (no idea if that is a good price though bud)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Xtravision loughrea has gold plates ones for 9quid. Not bad seeing as adverts cheapest was 15 when I looked. I assume they are all the same price in each store!! (no idea if that is a good price though bud)

Cheers, will try my local XV tomorrow so. Maplin are at least €16 from what i could see. €9 is fine with me! Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

barryd09 wrote: »

€2 in the Euro2 store. I got a 2M one there about 2 years ago for that price, still going strong. Other than that, PC World/Currys sell basic ones for about 7 euro, really a €2 euro one is as good as a €100 one, the only thing in question really is the build quality and longevity of it. Though that said, the ones in the Euro2 store I'm sure aren't 3D compliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Worth a try in Tesco and the 2euro shops for the HDMI lead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

I would ring Cadbury themselves and see could ya arrange to buy them directly through their Galway Sales Rep? Worth a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

Get a couple of empty tins left over from christmas now on top of every kitchen cupboard or in the shed of practically every household in the country, purchase three to four boxes of roses, empty contents of boxes into aforementioned empty christmas surplus tins, tape around the edges of lids and tins to seal with sellotape, and the job my friend is oxo.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I'm looking for foam cushion stuff. I need stuff that kinda waterproof'ish and doesn't compress too much.

Size not important as I can cut to size but need 43cm x 33cm, thickness again doesn't matter too much, old stuff was about 8mm thick

2-2.jpg
    1-2.jpg
    Ring that Merrigan lad in Sandy Road who does the upholstery?

2-2.jpg
    1-2.jpg

I've an old foam camping mat lying around somewhere if you're interested, it's not very compressed so it might suit your needs. Will PM pic if you want.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭andy85wsm

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement