Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Deal for new customers

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

If anyone has UPC at the minute, they might be interested in what i did if you're thinking of swithing to Sky. Emailed customer service yesterday explained i was thinking of moving and was there anything they could do to reduce my current bill.

They rang there at lunchtime and said they'd reduce my current package from €63/mth (tv and broadband) to €50 for the 2/mth a saving of €156 for the year! Wahooooo....am delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭doodio

I just signed with upc, and to be honest I'm not that happy with the tv service. It's an expensive premium, esp. with movie channels etc. Am I locked in with their service or can I switch to sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 horse10

damn just saw post re sky and it ran out yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

i ordered this deal a few days ago quoting the ref given by the OP,everthing was ok except the multiroom,if i wanted this,i would have to pay 15 extra per month,didnt bother with it.

three of us took up the offer (me, the GF and her sister) The GF ordered multiroom too and it was €10 a month extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Had a rep call to the door today with the following offer for existing customers: hd box, 2nd standard box, hd sub and multiroom sub all for "free". Pay 99 installation and normal subscription (at new package rates though).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

three of us took up the offer (me, the GF and her sister) The GF ordered multiroom too and it was €10 a month extra.
    Same as that, a tenner for multi-room.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

Hi there. I just mised this offer. Does anyone have any staff or friends offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭rameire

Check fatcheese for the latest sky offer.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

rameire wrote: »
    Check fatcheese for the latest sky offer.

Wouldnt go near Fatcheese, signed up for the HD deal last October ( should have received 140euro cashback) only got 60 euro,and got that after 6months after sending a number of emails :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I rang up Sky several times during August looking for a discount having been a loyal customer for years, they wouldn't budge so I gave them the 30 days notice and am due to be cut off this week.

However in the meantime I spotted this thread and took out a new subscription starting next week for €24/month wheras I was paying €48.75 (€48 + 75c Credit Card surcharge) a month for the Entertainment pack and HD and with this offer I have halved my monthly spend on it. I was fully prepared to cut it off if I was not going to be able to get it cheaper, the €15 charge for High-Def is a disgrace and I don't mind paying around €25 to €30/month for Sky but anything more is a rip-off and when my twelve months on my new contract are up I will be cancelling if Sky have not dropped the HD charge by then, I am interested in a few HD channels like Discovery and Nat Geo etc. and not in sports or movies.

Thanks op for the thread you saved me €290 for the coming year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Kanedmick

Would also be interested in a staff offer code if anyone has one left.

Not sure what happens next, but this page allows you to enter a code:
    http://www.sky.com/shop/offercode?DCMP=PAC-MAR10_StaffIntroduceaFriend_SK_skystaff

Ta!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭construct06

ya same here, i rang yesterday about this offer but lady said it is finished and besr she could do was 1 month free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

SkrApsAK wrote: »
    Apart from all the heartache and stress of using UPC as a TV service? lol

Worst TV ever imo.... all the DC's, problems, sh*tty software etc.... I would much rather pay extra for SKY.... Even if UPC full package was €10, I would much rather pay the €100 I pay to SKY every month. Excellent service!

Wish I saw this before now, UPC have been pissing me about, annoying me.
    Where is the best place to look out for sky offers? here? maybe, I might not see the thread in time, didnt see this one.
    At this stage i would nearly cut my services back with UPC as they are so difficult to deal with,think they take customers for granted, that people get tired of the shoddy service, get annoyed but then cant be bothered to deal with them so long as the service basically works most of the time.

They are such idiots, getting tired of having to explain every time a ring about the same issue, what the issue is, that is of course when i eventually get through to them.

Do sky do broadband here (ireland/Dublin)
    Is a Sat dish the only way to receive TV or do they have hardlines?
    There is a Sat dish at the side of my house, few years old,dont know if it was sky (it wasnt mine) could/would they use the same dish/cable or would they test it, if they did would they give a reduction??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

rameire wrote: »
    • Free Sky+HD box
    • Free standard install (save €30)
    • 12 months half price Sky TV (save up to €456)
    • 12 months half price HD pack (save €90)

Offer is valid until the 26th September.

How to take up the offer
    Call the call centre on 0818 719801 quoting MediaCom and say you want to avail of the offer. The only stipulation is that you have to be a new customer to Sky.
    Thanks OP.:)
    whiterebel wrote: »
    According to a Sky rep going door-to-door, all the HD channels are going free in December '11/January '12. He didn't even try to sell me on it, despite me signing up to a new package at the time, so I believe him.
    It's €7.50 a month for HD Package with the discount, if the HD Channels go free I wonder will they just remove it or will people be stuck paying for it as part of the Contract?

Not a big thing, still great offer.

Edit:Is Sky Go (live On Demand TV) through the Website Free, once your're a Customer?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭maygitchell

Only seeing this now, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Only seeing this now, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

CCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 fergal28_01

Took up this offer on the last day it was available. 45 euro per month for everything. Sports,movies all entertainment packs and free install as well as HD. Super offer, great OP. Just something to be aware of if you have taken up this offer. I registered on my sky online to check the first bill and it totalled 57 euro. Sky were charging me 12 euro for ESPN. The guy said this was a mistake as ESPN is free to Irish customers but had I not called, it would have cost me money. Just check it out for yourself. After that I am delighted with the package...

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Took up this offer on the last day it was available. 45 euro per month for everything. Sports,movies all entertainment packs and free install as well as HD. Super offer, great OP. Just something to be aware of if you have taken up this offer. I registered on my sky online to check the first bill and it totalled 57 euro. Sky were charging me 12 euro for ESPN. The guy said this was a mistake as ESPN is free to Irish customers but had I not called, it would have cost me money. Just check it out for yourself. After that I am delighted with the package...

Had a similar problem with espn. I signed up for myself and for my dad ( 2 different houses). Got my bill first which showed the breakdown of charges and free espn. Dad got his bill today and has been charged €12 for espn so i rang to ask about the difference and was told that i should have been charged for it and it was a mistake that it was free.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 fergal28_01

According to the the guy that i dealt with when i phoned sky about it, ESPN is free for Irish customers who have the sports pack. This is not the case in UK and that is why I was being charged incorrectly in first place. Hope this helps.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Anyway got my new install this week, got a new HD box which incidently are much smaller physically than the old ones but have a 250GB hard drive compared to my old 160GB Sky box, also got a new dish fitted as the old one was very rusty. €48.50 down to €24/month am delighted and it all worked out superly, just another thanks to the OP and to the forum for this great deal!

• Advertisement

Anyone have an inkling if this offer will come back anytime soon? Ta!

Anyone have an inkling if this offer will come back anytime soon? Ta!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Just Popping back to thank the OP again for this Sky Sports and Sky Ent Extra (everything except movies) in HD for €41pm for 12 months.

GRMA

Advertisement