Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Deal for new customers

Options
  • 19-09-2011 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭

• Free Sky+HD box
    • Free standard install (save €30)
    • 12 months half price Sky TV (save up to €456)
    • 12 months half price HD pack (save €90)

Offer is valid until the 26th September.

How to take up the offer
    Call the call centre on 0818 719801 quoting MediaCom and say you want to avail of the offer. The only stipulation is that you have to be a new customer to Sky.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Italiancheese

Is this better than the offer on fatcheese or can you combine both ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

According to a Sky rep going door-to-door, all the HD channels are going free in December '11/January '12. He didn't even try to sell me on it, despite me signing up to a new package at the time, so I believe him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

whiterebel wrote: »
    According to a Sky rep going door-to-door, all the HD channels are going free in December '11/January '12.

twas only a matter of time, which is why I didnt opt for the hd channels, even though I have a hd box

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

According to a Sky rep going door-to-door, all the HD channels are going free in December '11/January '12. He didn't even try to sell me on it, despite me signing up to a new package at the time, so I believe him.

Sky Reps calling to the door know ABSOLUTLY NOTHING about where their company is going. Anything that they say must be taken with one MASSIVE shovel of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

so is there any major saving to be made ditching my upc digital box and going sky instead?

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Bollox!
    Our 12 month contract finishes on October 1st. I'd have cancelled and signed up in the wife's name.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

so is there any major saving to be made ditching my upc digital box and going sky instead?

Not in the long run anyway. But you can always ring UPC and tell them you have an offer from $ky and you will nearly always get a reduction. Ask for Cancellations if you run into turbulent waters with the 1st layer of CS staff.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Hogzy wrote: »
    Sky Reps calling to the door know ABSOLUTLY NOTHING about where their company is going. Anything that they say must be taken with one MASSIVE shovel of salt.

Which is why he said there was no point in signing me up to a 12 month contract when it would be free in 5 months. :rolleyes:
    We'll see........

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭hollywoodhoppy

rameire wrote: »
    • Free Sky+HD box
    • Free standard install (save €30)
    • 12 months half price Sky TV (save up to €456)
    • 12 months half price HD pack (save €90)

Offer is valid until the 26th September.

How to take up the offer
    Call the call centre on 0818 719801 quoting MediaCom and say you want to avail of the offer. The only stipulation is that you have to be a new customer to Sky.

Rang that number there and quoted mediacom and they had no idea what i was talking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

Hogzy wrote: »

Depends on the rep. When I signed up, I got a great deal. 23e per pack, first 3 months free and as I had no phone line there is something like 37 euro charge to set up, I got that for 10 euro, now contrast that do some dope that came along in June, offered none of above, was just quoiting prices of his clipboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Tinalouise

You can still cancel, as you need to give them 30 days notice. If you cancel now it means your contact will expire on 19th Oct. You can cancel today and then get your wife to ring and sign up. I could be wrong but I'd imagine it's that easy. I've cancelled sports recently and they said everyone has to give 30 days notice now. Worth checking out. Good luck!

Soarer wrote: »
    Bollox!
    Our 12 month contract finishes on October 1st. I'd have cancelled and signed up in the wife's name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Tinalouise wrote: »
    You can still cancel, as you need to give them 30 days notice. If you cancel now it means your contact will expire on 19th Oct. You can cancel today and then get your wife to ring and sign up. I could be wrong but I'd imagine it's that easy. I've cancelled sports recently and they said everyone has to give 30 days notice now. Worth checking out. Good luck!

Does it work signing up in your partners name or are you not blacklisted? Because my sky box is in rag order

Kevin! wrote: »
    Does it work signing up in your partners name or are you not blacklisted? Because my sky box is in rag order

Nope, its fine. You'll get a new box as well

Nope, its fine. You'll get a new box as well

yeah should be fine. I cancelled in my name and ordered in my mothers name a day later, no bother at all. Same address.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

Hi Tinalouise. When you rang to cancel Sports did they make any attempt to keep you i.e. price reductions. extra channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭SkrApsAK

Apart from all the heartache and stress of using UPC as a TV service? lol

Worst TV ever imo.... all the DC's, problems, sh*tty software etc.... I would much rather pay extra for SKY.... Even if UPC full package was €10, I would much rather pay the €100 I pay to SKY every month. Excellent service!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Cool op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Which is why he said there was no point in signing me up to a 12 month contract when it would be free in 5 months. :rolleyes:
    We'll see........

Indeed we will.

Oh deary me! Da signed up to this, and I'll cancel my sub in the morning!
    thanks OP!

redalan wrote: »
    Hi Tinalouise. When you rang to cancel Sports did they make any attempt to keep you i.e. price reductions. extra channels?

Nope, not a thing, was quite funny actually, the guy just said "ya no bother, it will be gone in 30 days" and that was it.

Sky Sports is free this weekend to all sky customers, I just confirmed it on 0818 719 585 which is the customer services number. They seem to be the only desk offering deals at themo too
    I rang them today and was offered sports half price for 3 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

did anyone get this offer working?

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭eggerb

SkrApsAK wrote: »

Worst TV ever imo.... all the DC's, problems, sh*tty software etc.... I would much rather pay extra for SKY.... Even if UPC full package was €10, I would much rather pay the €100 I pay to SKY every month. Excellent service!

What are DC's? (Have UPC but experiencing very poor digital signal with some channels breaking up totally.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Did this work for anyone ? going to try tomorrow myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

yeah should be fine. I cancelled in my name and ordered in my mothers name a day later, no bother at all. Same address.

do they not work on address, or is it just name?

dya recon it would work with the same second name also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

If you "move" to Northern Ireland will the discounts remain in place?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dino7

AFAIK this looks like the Sky Staff friends and family offer. If you know someone working for Sky then they can provide you a code to avail of the offer. https://staffiaf.sky.com/login.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 28 fergal28_01

Has anyone actually availed of this offer?
    Can someone confirm that they have?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dino7

Has anyone actually availed of this offer?
    Can someone confirm that they have?

The Sky Friends and Family offer I linked to previously? Yes. It's a real offer regularly run by Sky...the information is in the link.

I can't comment on the original post and supposed offer code.

I cancelled my sky- dad's will be in the week before mine cancels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭fergald

anyone get this to work, would be interested.

Advertisement