Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Deal for new customers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

fergald wrote: »
    anyone get this to work, would be interested.
    Had no problems signing up for this when originally posted and got the offer again yesterday for my dad.

Thanks op ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 noital

rameire wrote: »
    • Free Sky+HD box
    • Free standard install (save €30)
    • 12 months half price Sky TV (save up to €456)
    • 12 months half price HD pack (save €90)

Offer is valid until the 26th September.

How to take up the offer
    Call the call centre on 0818 719801 quoting MediaCom and say you want to avail of the offer. The only stipulation is that you have to be a new customer to Sky.

Works Perfectly, just got mine set up now. Tey were asking for thefriends and family refference number and I said "it was a mate in work who said to use MediaCom" and they said thats fine, and its all good.
    Delighted,

Thanks a million rameire

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭SkrApsAK

eggerb wrote: »
    What are DC's? (Have UPC but experiencing very poor digital signal with some channels breaking up totally.)

DC = disconnections

• Registered Users Posts: 15 don marco

Cancelled old Sky account today and the other half signed up.
    Exactly as described - she just mentioned Mediacom offer and all sorted. Was looking to upgrade to HD box so this just saved me a bundle. Thanks a lot for this one.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Also signed for it for install next saturday, full package with HD, great deal thanks OP

I wonder if anyone know:
    if I call again and order the Multiroom package will that be also half price?
    And the extra box if I decide to go for a the Sky+ HD will equipment also be at half price or will it be full price at €199?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

• Free Sky+HD box

How to take up the offer
    Call the call centre on 0818 719801 quoting MediaCom and say you want to avail of the offer. The only stipulation is that you have to be a new customer to Sky.

thanks a mill!!!!!!!!!

just cancelled my sky sub last thursady,and rejoined today using the mrs name.

so simples,again many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭long_b

For those of us stick dwellers, can you get HD over the dish yokes ?
    I take it this is just a great deal anyways even if we can't ? It's half off your tv charges for a year ? As above - would this include multi room charges does anyone know ?
    Last qn - does anyone know how much a non standard (ie dish) install would be ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

long_b wrote: »
    For those of us stick dwellers, can you get HD over the dish yokes ?
    I take it this is just a great deal anyways even if we can't ? It's half off your tv charges for a year ? As above - would this include multi room charges does anyone know ?
    Last qn - does anyone know how much a non standard (ie dish) install would be ?

Trying to decipher your post....Sky HD is received via a satellite dish and yes it is included in the install,kinda hard to receive a signal without one.

It's a million times better than mmds which is a pretty terrible way to get tv reception.I assume the discount would include any multiroom charge-you need a phoneline for multiroom though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭long_b

zerks wrote: »
    Trying to decipher your post....Sky HD is received via a satellite dish and yes it is included in the install,kinda hard to receive a signal without one.

It's a million times better than mmds which is a pretty terrible way to get tv reception.I assume the discount would include any multiroom charge-you need a phoneline for multiroom though.
    Thanks - I thought a standard install was via cable.
    That's a complete pi$$er about multi room - just got the landline out :(
    You'd have to use an AV sender /receiver set so or similar ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Can I avail of this offer now and book an install for the end of October so as I will be able to serve out the required 30 days notice on my existing account ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

• Free Sky+HD box

How to take up the offer
    I'm going to try this tommorow, other than your name, address and bank details do they need anything else to sign you up?

Do you need to have funds in your Bank on sign up?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Zardoz wrote: »
    Can I avail of this offer now and book an install for the end of October so as I will be able to serve out the required 30 days notice on my existing account ?

You should be able to do it,tell 'em you'll be out of the country 'til then and they can book your install for the end of October.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Silly question do you have to have a HD telly for this? Ive a "normal" LCD :o or will they just give you the regular box?

Order the Multiroom and they have an offer now that they offer it Free for 1 year only pay €30 install so all half price and free multiroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

anniehoo wrote: »
    Silly question do you have to have a HD telly for this? Ive a "normal" LCD :o or will they just give you the regular box?

You'll get the HD box but you can connect it via scart if you don't have an HD TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Joekers

• Free Sky+HD box

How to take up the offer
    So if I sign up for this today My package would normally be 67 euro a month, that would be halved ? That includes Skysports ?

I dont have a HD ready TV, so if i get this its €24/mth for the 1st 12mths..then back to normal HD price of €48 after that.They wouldnt let me sign up without taking the HD package. I want to keep UPC broadband which is €32 on its own. Im currently paying €63/mth tv & broadband with them. Getting this offer only saves me €7/mth for the 12mths then costs me €17 more after that, so not going to bother for the hassle of saving €7/mth to change back after the year is up! Am i missing something vital here that i shouldnt be? Good deal if you have a HD telly though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Joekers

I dont have a HD ready TV, so if i get this its €24/mth for the 1st 12mths..then back to normal HD price of €48 after that.They wouldnt let me sign up without taking the HD package. I want to keep UPC broadband which is €32 on its own. Im currently paying €63/mth tv & broadband with them. Getting this offer only saves me €7/mth for the 12mths then costs me €17 more after that, so not going to bother for the hassle of saving €7/mth to change back after the year is up! Am i missing something vital here that i shouldnt be? Good deal if you have a HD telly though...
    Thought there would be a catch alright, sane as meself dont need the hd part but they will force you to take it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Just drop the HD pack after the year (or drop more / all of the subscription).

• Registered Users Posts: 43 festesio

nava wrote: »
    Order the Multiroom and they have an offer now that they offer it Free for 1 year only pay €30 install so all half price and free multiroom.

just spoke with them there, and they never mentioned this offer, any info where you saw it?

• Advertisement

Just drop the HD pack after the year (or drop more / all of the subscription).
    Ah its not worth the hassle for €7/mth to be honest. The fatcheese offer might be better for me so will look at that.Ive had no major issues with UPC, well not enough to make me drastically want to change yet. If Sky had of given me that on the normal Sky+ package they wouldve gained themselves a customer probably forever. Ah well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Thanks OP, availed of this offer myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Joekers wrote: »
    So if I sign up for this today My package would normally be 67 euro a month, that would be halved ? That includes Skysports ?

Yes, afaik. I dumped them last year. Now every 2 months I gaet a begging letter from them offering me half price for 12 months. And that includes Sky Sports. Will not go back to them.

festesio wrote: »
    just spoke with them there, and they never mentioned this offer, any info where you saw it?

I had already ordered, called them on 0818719858 about multiroom and they mention it to me it was free for a year but had to pay for install, the pain is they need to come twice as no spaces available on original day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

nava wrote: »
    I had already ordered, called them on 0818719858 about multiroom and they mention it to me it was free for a year but had to pay for install, the pain is they need to come twice as no spaces available on original day.

free for a year??

free for a year??

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Yer one called 'my dad' today re the install - no free multiroom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

efb wrote: »
    i ordered this deal a few days ago quoting the ref given by the OP,everthing was ok except the multiroom,if i wanted this,i would have to pay 15 extra per month,didnt bother with it.

efb wrote: »

Only reason I can think was the offer is not on today is because the offer is over as the date in OP was yesterday or the lie to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

i ordered this deal a few days ago quoting the ref given by the OP,everthing was ok except the multiroom,if i wanted this,i would have to pay 15 extra per month,didnt bother with it.

Same as, when I called originally multiroom was €15 so nothing changed.

V happy with OPs offer

Advertisement