Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County Club championships 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Shane O'Neill just missed a great goal chance for Na Piarsaigh and Crusheen went back up the other side and put themselves back in front.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Cooper gets his first and second points of the day in the first 2 minutes of the second half.

Class.

EDIT: And there is his third :P

Dowling has missed 2 frees, one easy one. Very very unusual and it could hurt Na Piarsaigh.

0-7, 0-5 to Crusheen now.

Crusheen just made 2 blocks to stop a certain goal. They are 2 points up.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭thewildcat

great game in parnell park portlaoise 1-10 st, brigids 1-10

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Crusheen just made 2 blocks to stop a certain goal. They are 2 points up.
    im listening to it on clare fm,i cant see NAP winning after missing so many chnaces,although as i speak,its levelling pegging

im listening to it on clare fm,i cant see NAP winning after missing so many chnaces,although as i speak,its levelling pegging

I'm listening on 95fm...it's very close.

Na Piarsaigh in front now.

2-12 to 1-10 to the Crokes.

52mins

GOAL FOR NA PIARSAIGH!!!

5 points up with a couple of minutes left, that should seal it.

Fireball07 wrote: »
    GOAL FOR NA PIARSAIGH!!!

5 points up with a couple of minutes left, that should seal it.

get the fcuk in!!!!!!!!!1 5 points in it!

• Advertisement

Super Goal from Casey.

Blasted into the top corner.

3-13 to 1-10. Super game, but Crokes have kicked on.

EDIT: Goal UCC, Paul Geaney. Great game.

3-13 to 2-10

portlaoise Brigids level 1-12 each time up

Cracking finish by the Crokes centre forward there,

Na Piarsaigh win by 7!!!

Both the Senior and Intermediate Munster club champions are from Limerick, which is great for the county. And great for young players like Downes, Dowling, Dempsey, O'Brien, etc. to win at this level.

all in all a great day, celtic and Na PIARSAIGH!:)

all in all a great day, celtic and Na PIARSAIGH!:)

what has scotland got to do with it:o

thewildcat wrote: »
    what has scotland got to do with it:o
    i had a nice wee bet on the hoops and a nice bet on Na p.;)

fair enough you haven't any money on ST.Brigids of Dublin beat portlaoise in extra time
    2-16 to 1-15 great game.

thewildcat wrote: »
    fair enough you haven't any money on ST.Brigids of Dublin beat portlaoise in extra time
    2-16 to 1-15 great game.
    no..... was looking at this but couldnt pick a winner,well.... a team i was confident in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,351 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Just finished putting the decorations up!!!

Great game of football I thought. Crokes probably won't play aswell again, as I thought they were very comfortable in posession and used it very well and took their scores very well indeed. Scoring the goal straight after UCC's first one was important. Also the fast points at the start of the second half by the Gooch was enough of a gap to maintain with ease for the rest of the game.
    Thought UCC would have more about them today, they are certainly capable of more. It will be interesting how good they are next year.

Crokes v Crossmaglen -seriously looking forward to that match.

i though crokes played very well with the Gooch quiet enough but yet the crokes had players to step it up and get the scores when the gooch was quiet in the first half.

they will be some outfit if they all click on the same day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

Based on all the games so far Crossmaglen will win again - I'd really like to see them take on county teams to see where they really are.

i think they will have enough on their plate with the Crokes in the new year
    without playing county teams.

would they beat the Armagh county side...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

mrgaa1 wrote: »
    Based on all the games so far Crossmaglen will win again - I'd really like to see them take on county teams to see where they really are.

lets just see if they can win this -there are a number strong teams left who'll fancy their chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Fireball07 wrote:

Na Piarsaigh win by 7!!!

Both the Senior and Intermediate Munster club champions are from Limerick, which is great for the county. And great for young players like Downes, Dowling, Dempsey, O'Brien, etc. to win at this level.
    +1

17 years is a long wait to be Munster club champs. Many congrats to Na Piarsaigh, the young guys in the club seem to have a plucky confidence about themselves, great belief in their own ability. The defeats in semi final and finals of recent years have stood to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Cooper wss well marked for the most psrt and still ended up with 4 points from play. Great player, and a great game for this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Cooper wss well marked for the most psrt and still ended up with 4 points from play. Great player, and a great game for this time of year.

who was marking him, was it peter crowley?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Potentially interesting AI semi final in sore if Garrycastle can overcome (Dublin) St Bridgets in Leinster final. The Leinster winner will play St Bridgets Roscommon. garrycastle and Bridgets are based on either side of Athlone, each team has a trio of Dolan brothers (all cousins) playing and Garycastle manager Anthony Cunningham is a former Bridgets manager. Having said all this Bridgets will prob ruin it all now......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Potentially interesting AI semi final in sore if Garrycastle can overcome (Dublin) St Bridgets in Leinster final. The Leinster winner will play St Bridgets Roscommon. garrycastle and Bridgets are based on either side of Athlone, each team has a trio of Dolan brothers (all cousins) playing and Garycastle manager Anthony Cunningham is a former Bridgets manager. Having said all this Bridgets will prob ruin it all now......

I heard something about that, both Athlone clubs really, just opposite sides of the river so different provinces. Never would cross swords in competitive action.

I've a real feeling Garrycastle will beat St.Brigids(Dublin). Their third leinster final in a row. They are a very experienced side with scorers all across their 6 forwards.

St.Brigids Roscommon beat Nemo last year in the AI Semi. Crossmaglen had too much experience for them in the final, but there was damn all in it. Frankie Dolan is still going strong, but Senan Kilbride is a superb player, at intercounty level aswell.

The All Ireland champions will come from the other side of the draw though, Crokes or Cross.

On the other hand you could have 'The battle of the Biddys' ;) In which case i suggest you put your money on St Bridgets to advance to the club final on Paddys day :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

BRIGIDS not Brigets

Was in Parnell on Sunday and it was the best club game I have ever seen.

Brigids will give Garrycastle a very good game and I would expect them to beat them.

Advertisement