Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County Club championships 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭thewildcat

how does lads think the replay will go with Na Piarsaigh and Crusheen i only seen both
    on tv but i think Crusheen might come out on top by the odd point or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

thewildcat wrote: »
    how does lads think the replay will go with Na Piarsaigh and Crusheen i only seen both
    on tv but i think Crusheen might come out on top by the odd point or two.
    Crusheen were lucky to draw the game last sunday imo. I felt the ref made some harsh calls on the Limerick outfit,the free before halftime was a joke and ended up costing Na piarsaigh the game.

Crusheens half backline was superb in the 1st half last week,cian and cathal dillion especially.

Again.... if Na piarsaigh had taken 1 of those 3 opportunities towards the end of the game last week,they would have been champions. i lost a sum of money on them last week but hope to regain it this sunday;)
    i think they will win by 4/5 points and are available at evens with William hills

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Crusheen were lucky to draw the game last sunday imo. I felt the ref made some harsh calls on the Limerick outfit,the free before halftime was a joke and ended up costing Na piarsaigh the game.

A free in the first half cost them the game?? Thats clutching at straws, the closing stages would have been entirely different depending on the scoreline, and that free which you are correct was not a free was more than compensated for after.

Lookin at the forecast for Sunday i think Crusheen will win this, they have excellent backs and while their forwards are a little limited they are a much more physical team than Na Piarsiagh.

A free in the first half cost them the game?? Thats clutching at straws, the closing stages would have been entirely different depending on the scoreline, and that free which you are correct was not a free was more than compensated for after.

Lookin at the forecast for Sunday i think Crusheen will win this, they have excellent backs and while their forwards are a little limited they are a much more physical team than Na Piarsiagh.
    Well its anything but clutching at straws, the fullback fielded the highball over gerry o grady,yet the ref saw it as a foul,gave a free in,which was scored and there we have it,if the free wasnt given then Na piarsaigh would have won by a point......... simples!:D

on another note,i felt na piarsaigh played a very loose game in the 1st half last sunday,leaving crusheen men unmarked all over the place. i really feel the Na piarsaigh outfit will learn more and will outscore their opponents sunday.
    prices for the replay have been halved for this game which will be welcomed by the patrons of both sides.

Well its anything but clutching at straws, the fullback fielded the highball over gerry o grady,yet the ref saw it as a foul,gave a free in,which was scored and there we have it,if the free wasnt given then Na piarsaigh would have won by a point......... simples!:D

There were numerous frees given against Crusheen in the second half that were soft aswell, I am totally objective here and have no preference for either side and have no idea how anyone could say the ref cost Na Piarsaigh the game.

And I really hope you are joking when you say that one free in the first half cost them the game, there was over 35 mins play remaining, if you are been serious you have very little knowlegde of how a game of hurling actually takes shape and plays out.

• Advertisement

There were numerous frees given against Crusheen in the second half that were soft aswell, I am totally objective here and have no preference for either side and have no idea how anyone could say the ref cost Na Piarsaigh the game.

And I really hope you are joking when you say that one free in the first half cost them the game, there was over 35 mins play remaining, if you are been serious you have very little knowlegde of how a game of hurling actually takes shape and plays out.
    1st off there are 30 mins of play. " you are been serious you have very little knowlegde of how a game of hurling":o dear oh dear

The crusheen manager has stated on local radio that they were lucky to come away with a draw,not that i needed to hear him say that!if,if and if limerick outfit had taken their 3 easy chances of points, instead of going for goals in the last few mins,then we would be talking about na piarsaighs class forwards.

by the way,im not from limerick,im actually from clare:pac:

1st off there are 30 mins of play. " you are been serious you have very little knowlegde of how a game of hurling":o dear oh dear

The crusheen manager has stated on local radio that they were lucky to come away with a draw,not that i needed to hear him say that!if,if and if limerick outfit had taken their 3 easy chances of points, instead of going for goals in the last few mins,then we would be talking about na piarsaighs class forwards.

Firstly there is and was injury time at the end of both halves, seeing that you studied the game so closely I would have thought you would have noticed this.

Of course the Crusheen manager has said this its called good management and taklking up the opposition and trying to get your own team to up their performance.

Your county of birth is irrelevant and you have already stated that you lost money on Na Piarsiagh, you are talking through you pocket to be honest.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

there was one free given that was wrong, in the first half. if you honestly think that it was this that cost them the game, then I'd agree with premier above. it was a wrong decision, no doubting that, but it did not cost them the game. what you could argue cost them was the ridiculous free they conceded in injury time that was the most petulant and ridiculous pulling back of a player when he wasnt going to be able to shoot. may as well have just given them the point.

bruschi wrote: »
    there was one free given that was wrong, in the first half. if you honestly think that it was this that cost them the game, then I'd agree with premier above. it was a wrong decision, no doubting that, but it did not cost them the game. what you could argue cost them was the ridiculous free they conceded in injury time that was the most petulant and ridiculous pulling back of a player when he wasnt going to be able to shoot. may as well have just given them the point.
    are you talking about Crusheens point towards the end of the game?if you are then that free was given at 57 mins and 20 seconds.......... not in injury time as you have stated, i have recorded the game and just checked this out,what led to the ball ending up in the na piarsaigh half(for that levelling score) was also a dreadful decision imo

have you the game recorded by any chance? please look at the last 6 mins of the game,better still,will someone please tell me why the ref blew for full time on 61.06 seconds of the game,why did he not give a free for na piarsaigh when cian dillion(crusheen) pushed 2 playrers to the ground? you could see the frustration in the na piarsaigh lads with the ref.

not trying to fall out with yourself or the premier lad........... just calling it as i saw it,but i do resent someone saying i know nothing about hurling! cheers:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

are you talking about Crusheens point towards the end of the game?if you are then that free was given at 57 mins and 20 seconds.......... not in injury time as you have stated, i have recorded the game and just checked this out,what led to the ball ending up in the na piarsaigh half(for that levelling score) was also a dreadful decision imo

have you the game recorded by any chance? please look at the last 6 mins of the game,better still,will someone please tell me why the ref blew for full time on 61.06 seconds of the game,why did he not give a free for na piarsaigh when cian dillion(crusheen) pushed 2 playrers to the ground? you could see the frustration in the na piarsaigh lads with the ref.

not trying to fall out with yourself or the premier lad........... just calling it as i saw it,but i do resent someone saying i know nothing about hurling! cheers:)

sorry, not injury time, but at the end of the game so. the ref called time because he had signalled for one minute of injury time.

your calling it because you wanted na piarsigh to win. I thought the ref was poor, and gave soft frees too often (the Crusheen keeper got about 3 frees when he was barging out with the ball) but the draw was the fairest result. both teams were evenly matched and it would have been awful to see a soft free win it at the last puck of the game.

• Advertisement

bruschi wrote: »
    sorry, not injury time, but at the end of the game so. the ref called time because he had signalled for one minute of injury time.

your calling it because you wanted na piarsigh to win. I thought the ref was poor, and gave soft frees too often (the Crusheen keeper got about 3 frees when he was barging out with the ball) but the draw was the fairest result. both teams were evenly matched and it would have been awful to see a soft free win it at the last puck of the game.
    cant argue with anything you have said........ all in all,for the neutral, a draw was the right result,roll on sunday!:o

Didnt mean it to come across as bluntly as that User, what I meant was it is illogical to think a free given that far from the end of a match can categorically be stated to have affected the final score, and for the record I do agree the ref was poor, but not biased imo, it is very difficult to referee a game at this time of the year, if you blow for every foul the game will never get going and if you let it flow it is in danger of getting out of control, hurling should not be played at this time of the year but thats another days work!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I think Na Piarsaigh will win tbh. They'll learn a lot from their poor first half display, can't see them playing that badly again.

It'll be close again but I expect some of their players to make more of an impact next week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,351 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I see TG4 are showing UCC v Dr. Crokes live and and a delayed showing of the replay between Crusheen and Na Piarsaigh - time to light the fire and put the feet up - I really do love the GAA in the winter!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I see TG4 are showing UCC v Dr. Crokes live and and a delayed showing of the replay between Crusheen and Na Piarsaigh - time to light the fire and put the feet up - I really do love the GAA in the winter!!!

Sounds like a plan Buc.....St Bridgets are throwing in in Ruislip about now in the football quarter final v Fulham Irish.

What's the story with the Leinser football, are the semi's on today ?

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Ah balls! :(

i was checking the odds tother day and i saw the tg4 logo beside the game so i,wrongly,assumed the hurling was live,anyhow,have my bet done so will catch the commentry on radio.

Any view on the crokes game sham?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Half Time in Ruislip

St.Brigids 1-5
    Fulham Irish 0-3

Fulham apparently down to 14 just before half time, for a 2nd Yellow card.

Brigids opened up a 1-3 to 0-00 score lead, but Fulham have kept with them since.

Fulham have the wind in second half.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Half Time in Ruislip

St.Brigids 1-5
    Fulham Irish 0-3

Fulham apparently down to 14 just before half time, for a 2nd Yellow card.

Brigids opened up a 1-3 to 0-00 score lead, but Fulham have kept with them since.

Fulham have the wind in second half.
    cheers.

looking ominous for Fulham now. so odds on backers wil be pleased,although the odds for Brigids were 2/9:o

cheers.

looking ominous for Fulham now. so odds on backers wil be pleased,although the odds for Brigids were 2/9:o
    I'd say they'll win alright, but im not so safe.

Went Brigids -6, at 12/5, but they need to stick away another goal, points into the Ruislip wind are hard to come by.

I'd say they'll win alright, but im not so safe.

Went Brigids -6, at 12/5, but they need to stick away another goal, points into the Ruislip wind are hard to come by.
    best of luck to you...........

are you listening to this online? give me the link to the radio please,good man!

• Advertisement

Im not unfortunatly, im following this London based Journo on Twitter though.

https://twitter.com/#!/PaulDollery

1-7 to 0-5 atm.

1-11 to 0-7

Onto: https://twitter.com/#!/gaaroscommon

Now.

BLOWITUPREF! :P

Only 7mins left.

1-11 to 0-7

Now.

Only 7mins left.
    ha ha,im tracking the score also DD,

Crosheen v nap 11mins gone 2 pts v 1 for the limerick crew

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Crusheen on top early on but Kevin Downes is on form, well on top over the full-back and has got 2 great scores.

0-3 to 0-1 for Na Piarsaigh now.

1-11 to 0-7

Now.

Only 7mins left.
    ha ha,im tracking the score also DD,

Crosheen v NAP 14 mins gone 3 pts v 2 for the limerick crew

Same score injury time.

Going insane here!

FT:1-12 to 0-7. Unconfirmed, but i can breath easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Same score injury time.

Going insane here!
    live on shannonside FM website

UCC(K) running Crokes up and down the field at the moment.

1-4 to 0-2

EDIT: O'Leary goes straight down the field and gets a goal.

1-4 to 1-2

EDIT: EDIT: Goal Daithí Casey 2-2 to 1-4. 3 goals in a row.

Same score injury time.

Going insane here!

FT:1-12 to 0-7. Unconfirmed, but i can breath easy.
    well done dude!

sounds like a great comeback by Fulham.

not relly wayching the crokes game but its v tight, 2-3 vs 1-4 for ucc 23 mins gone

• Advertisement

Half time 2-4 to 1-6 to the Crokes. Great football from both sides, but UCC appeared to have a big wind at their backs.

Advertisement