Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what kind of drunk are you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ms. Pingui

Im the kind of drunk that talks an alarming amount of bullsh1t!!!! I simply cannot stop talking absolute pissh to anyone that will listen! Even the other drunks tell me to shut the fcuk up and stop talking sh1te!

Needless to say I spend the days following a good session totally mortified! :o:o:o Does'nt seem to put me off the drink though....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I vary.

A few weeks back, at the fleadh, I got annoyed with a good mate so I poured a drink over his head. He didn't take it too well.

But then last week, I apparently spent the night constantly telling the same mate (and another, a girl) "I'm gonna miss you so much when you go to uni, I love you". The girl said I chased her round trying to hug her too.

So I'm obviously an emotional drunk - my emotions just vary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

strange.. noone has said "The Horny Drunk":eek:

myself, id depends in the mood Im in be it (explaining with emoticons cos we drunks can understand them better) :D or :o or :mad: or :pac: or :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I actually got sat down and told what I was like by some girls a couple of weeks back

Apparentley, I'm very funny but I'm very insulting until you get to know me. The reason being that when I take the piss I don't laugh or smile and they don't know I'm taking the piss. You have to know me well enough to know tht I only smile with my eyes.
    And then you love me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭storker

ahyeahok wrote: »
    I'm the drunk that just smiles and nods as the other person talks utter shiite... or maybe I'm just not drunk enough...

Definitely a sign that you're not drunk enough. If you were, they'd be making perfect sense.

A few years a go my wife and I attended her work Christmas party. She was pregnant with our first child and I was on the dry to show solidarity. Result: the most boring bloody night out of our lives. Not because we were sober, because because everyone else was p155ed. And talking utter b0ll0ck5. And when you're sober, you have no patience for it.

We ended up beating a hasty retreat to our room and watching a late movie in bed. So at least we salvaged something from the evening... :)

Stork

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

I'm the one who becomes extremely loud and accuses everyone of having wronged me in some way or another. I ain't proud of it, and yet I'm I should be committed.

FYP

I've been every kind of drunk. I think that's part of the point of getting drunk. Mostly I'm the lucky, happy kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭storker

In answer to the original question, I'll quote a what a friend of mine said to me who knows about these things:

"You're the happiest drunk I've ever known."

I think he meant it as a compliment. :confused:

Stork

Clarification: the use of the word "drunk" means "on those occasions when you get drunk", not "you are constantly drunk". (That's my story and I'm sticking to it...)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,827 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I talk. A lot. And it's mainly shít talking too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I'm the "where the hell did he go" drunk - Guaranteed to be gone on a wander/missing/at a strangers house party / campsite / prison cell.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I'm an emotional drunk - I get upset about crap I normally wouldnt if I was sober, or can get quite narky. I rarely get drunk anymore and if I do its usually accidental. I have happily been the designated driver, my only complaint is that the selection for a non-drinker in a pub is terrible.

Cant drink now because I'm pregnant.

I would love to be more like others in my family - We have a singing drunk (who is actually rather excellent at singing so its ok) a sleepy drunk, who just goes off to bed, and a happy drunk who tells everyone how great they are and how much she loves them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

The let's have fun and be spontaneous kind! (apparently) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭pearLxx

feeling so hot all over...or just soo sleepy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I'm a drunk drunk & sometimes am a drunker drunk :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

I'm the kind that gets courage to talk to girls that I have no chance with :) however I'm happy to say I'm a friendly drunk and not one of the messy ones... and of course I become a professional dancer on the dance floor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

"Snash box and cur "hic" ry sauce,pleeees.." wanders off...."wha ? I ashed for a chicken quarter burger "......."NO, YOU GET OUT,MY MONEY EMPLOYZ YOUS..." ...eh ok ossifer..yup straight home "

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

I'm the sober looking drunk, I can drink and drink and drink and feel absoloutely off my face but I still look the same and act the same.

It's kind of annoying actually because people don't believe me if I say I'm drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Karona wrote: »
    I'm the sober looking drunk, I can drink and drink and drink and feel absoloutely off my face but I still look the same and act the same.

It's kind of annoying actually because people don't believe me if I say I'm drunk.

I'm the complete opposite. All my facial muscles relax after two or three and I get the fright of my life my I see a stranger looking back at me from the mirror in the jacks.

Yet I'll be completely sober. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I'm a rare drunk.
    I actually can't remember the last time I was drunk. Its been many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭madmammy

Biggins wrote: »
    I'm a rare drunk.
    I actually can't remember the last time I was drunk. Its been many years.

must be over 10yrs coz i've never seen you drunk, me on the other hand :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

madmammy wrote: »
    must be over 10yrs coz i've never seen you drunk, me on the other hand :D

:D

True dear! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I become very loud and talk sh!te.

But it takes a lot to get me drunk, the other lads are always off there heads by the time I catch up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

I'm the drunk that is usually sober, but yet no matter what photo I'm spotted in from a night out, I look completely locked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

I'm the "put a lampshade on my head and do The Robot out on the street to get the laughs going" kinda drunk (flashbacks of last night....)

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

The reformed........:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

A sleepy drunk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

I'm actually really quiet unless engaged in conversion by someone else.

Oh and I love to dance. I might not speak for half the night no matter how much drink I have in me and then I'll suddenly become alive when someone mentions dancing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

I'm a funny drunk, i tend to talk about science, has lead to some hilarious videos of myself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gargleblaster

It seems to me that it depends in part on what I'm drinking. If I drink vodka I often feel more like an angry ranty drunk, but with wine I'm more mellow and happy. With whisky or beer I get dancey and friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

I'm such a lightweight everyone finds it funny. I think I'll never shake the nickname ''3-can-Collins'' :(

• Advertisement

The .. friendly.. drunk. ;)

Advertisement