Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The CIMA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Danae1

Hi Meursault,

I will be in cork city tomorrow if that suits? Are they the current ones?

Starting to worry a bit at this stage.....eek....

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Meursault

Danae1 wrote: »
    Hi Meursault,

Hi Danae

Yeah I'll be around tomorrow in cork alright. The books should be in perfect condition but let me check and I will PM you shortly with the details. Should be up to date alright. The course hasn't changed since 2010

Cheers

Hi Meursault,

Hey Danae, I just checked and I cannot find these books! All I could find was the P1 and Management level books which you are more than welcome to for the same price.

Anyway, apologies for the confusion. The best of luck with your study. Don't worry, you have plenty of time. If you need notes you're more than welcome to mine, free of charge!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ceriousone

Hi there, does anyone on here still have books for E1 and F1 still for sale? Cheers for any info...

If you are still looking for these let me know, I have the Kaplan books (course manuals and revision kits) for these subjects. Can post from Dublin if you are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Danae1

Meursault wrote: »
    Hey Danae, I just checked and I cannot find these books! All I could find was the P1 and Management level books which you are more than welcome to for the same price.

Anyway, apologies for the confusion. The best of luck with your study. Don't worry, you have plenty of time. If you need notes you're more than welcome to mine, free of charge!
    No problem thanks anyway! I would love your notes though!!! Cheers ðŸ˜႒

• Advertisement

No problem thanks anyway! I would love your notes though!!! Cheers ðŸ˜႒

No problem, just send me a PM the next time you're in Cork at the weekend and I should be able to make it.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sallymomo

Sallymomo are these still for sale? If so are you in kerry/cork/limerick areas by any chance? Which edition books (or pic of front?) are they please?

Sorry Danae, didnt check in to the thread...
    Yep, these are still for sale, I am in Dublin but could post if you wish?
    I bought them brand new this year for the May exams so are probably the last edition of the 2010 syllabus - i can post a pic when I get home?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Hi Folks

I have E1, F1 & P1 BPP study texts and practice/revision kits for sale if anyone needs them

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

Does anyone have P3 book, exam kit and preferably notes available for sale? In Dublin area.
    Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Rusty Rothar

Anyone repeating a final management level exam and hoping to do the strategic level in November? I was trying to register for the Nov exams today but wasnt able to, think it might be linked to the fact that I'm repeating P2 this Thursday, anyone else have the same problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Anyone repeating a final management level exam and hoping to do the strategic level in November? I was trying to register for the Nov exams today but wasnt able to, think it might be linked to the fact that I'm repeating P2 this Thursday, anyone else have the same problem?

I don't think you will be able to register for the strategic level until you have passed P2. I think it is a prerequisite that you have finished the mangement level.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    I don't think you will be able to register for the strategic level until you have passed P2. I think it is a prerequisite that you have finished the mangement level.

Thanks, will drop a mail to CIMA and see what my options are, already jumped the gun and started studying for the November exams :(

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Geraldo

Thanks, will drop a mail to CIMA and see what my options are, already jumped the gun and started studying for the November exams :(

If you pass then you will be able to apply for a late entry. There is a window for this for people taking the extra exams since results don't come out til after normal entries are closed. No extra cost either.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 BarryT2012

Hi all,

Just starting off on the CIMA journey and at Certificate level. Has anyone got the CIMA Exam Practice Kits they are willing to part with? Specifically CO3 & CO4 as I am going to start with these first but any will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Geraldo

Best of luck to anyone who did the exams this week. Especially the guy who came into the wrong room in dbs this morning. ****ty way to start a strategic exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 feifei_ie

Hi all,

Has anyone got study text or exam kit for CIMA C01, C02, C05 for sale please? I am in Dublin.

Appreciate for an info.

anyone know what time the resit results will be available today? thought they'd be there this morning :(

got my email half hour ago

Still no sign for me, maybe they want to deliver the bad news personally

Still no sign for me, maybe they want to deliver the bad news personally

I presume you have the email communication in your communication preferences, yeah?

Good luck with your results, anyway!!

• Advertisement

Irish Aris wrote: »
    I presume you have the email communication in your communication preferences, yeah?

Good luck with your results, anyway!!

Yes, finally realized it was in my Junk folder by mostake. Some nervous hours in the morning digging around for it but good news in the end, cheers

Trying to figure out how many exams to have a crack at in November, whats the most any of you guys have entered in one sitting apart from the mandatory 3 strategic?

kilburn wrote: »
    Trying to figure out how many exams to have a crack at in November, whats the most any of you guys have entered in one sitting apart from the mandatory 3 strategic?

2 is the most I attempt, at 42 I can't study for long after 8-9 hours of work.
    The best you could do is try to finish a level in November to avoid a case study.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nasned26

Hi

Does anybody have P1 study materials for sale in the Munster area?

Sitting strategic in November. I am going to focus on F3 and P3, because I think these two are harder and i dont fancy having to attempt numerical questions on computer next spring.

I am just wondering about E3. Do I need to actually turn up, or will I get penalised for not attending?

I really dont think I am going to have the time to spend studying this. I dont want to risk studying for 3 and then narrowly failing all three.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭averagejoe123

Meursault wrote: »
    Sitting strategic in November. I am going to focus on F3 and P3, because I think these two are harder and i dont fancy having to attempt numerical questions on computer next spring.

I am just wondering about E3. Do I need to actually turn up, or will I get penalised for not attending?

I really dont think I am going to have the time to spend studying this. I dont want to risk studying for 3 and then narrowly failing all three.

Yes you need to turn up for all 3. You have to wait an hour before you can leave also!

Yes you need to turn up for all 3. You have to wait an hour before you can leave also!

ok thanks for the heads up!

Hi All, did anyone at strategic level take a look at the pre seen case study yet? Any initial thoughts?

from a P3 perspective the only obvious thing that jumped out at me was risk

for F3, I guess there will be the performance measurement formulae

I have no idea about E3, because I havent even looked at that subject yet

anyway, it would be interesting to get your thoughts on it.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Gomer Pyle

A few rambling notes I made when I read it first.

*International customers and suppliers. (usual international difficulties & and possibility of adding a non EU section)

*Brand image. (luxury as per mission statement, product diversity, not allowing franchises etc to drop standards)

*MSC & MC. (possible synergies)

*Not much left to be done ethically.

* Un-seasonalise. (increase contract sales, huge marketing campaign)

* Increase online corporate sales.

* Online click and collect. (stop closing stores or get more partners)

* Rationalise number of high street stores?

* Drop in forecast profit. (dividend, market value)

* How to finance borrowing repayments.

* Usual ratio stuff (check for weak results)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭boo-yaw-ka-shaa

Hey all, I'm thinking of going the CIMA route and will be starting from scratch so doing the 5 fundamentals for the cert first. Am based in Cork and just wondering are all the computer based exams centres in Dublin or are there some outside the Pale???

also what are people's views overall with the CIMA qualification?? Mostly positive?? it seems to be looked on very favourably by employers these days.

Advertisement