Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon's Dogma

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

My friend told me about this while I was mid-mission on MGSV. The hype is real. Now if only they'd bring the F2P DD to the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Baron McBoomBoom

this game stole my life for a good 3 or 4 months... Aaaand now i wanna play it again :D

Cringy commentary from CAPCOM's UK channel... but at least we got to see some of the game at a high framerate. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Why did it take so long to come to PC? Seems an odd decision after so much time. Cash grab?

If it was called HD or Remastered and came for XBO and PS4 then I'd suspect so. But since it's just a PC release with the exact same name and no buzzwords in the title I think it's just a really delayed release because of capcom japan having no clue people actually gamed on PCs at the time of its original release. They saw how well DMC4:SE sold and it uses the same engine which performs like magic. Also yeah people like RPGs on PC, safe bet.

• Advertisement

If it was called HD or Remastered and came for XBO and PS4 then I'd suspect so. But since it's just a PC release with the exact same name and no buzzwords in the title I think it's just a really delayed release because of capcom japan having no clue people actually gamed on PCs at the time of its original release. They saw how well DMC4:SE sold and it uses the same engine which performs like magic. Also yeah people like RPGs on PC, safe bet.

I'd gladly hand over some of my euros to play it again on XBox One :o

I was long finished it by the time the expansion came out and if I recall you had to buy the whole thing again as it wasn't available as a download?

Lucky for me this is capcom so odds are good we'll see a One/PS4 version soon ;)

Edit: Not a pc gamer so might be nothing but I did spot in the video above "press X or Y to attack" and what looks suspiciously like Xbox controller button icons.in the hud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Can't wait.

Nods.

This is definitely one I'll be snagging. ;)

Edit: Not a pc gamer so might be nothing but I did spot in the video above "press X or Y to attack" and what looks suspiciously like Xbox controller button icons.in the hud

Controller support for these kinds of games is standard these days. I'll probably play it with KB/M to switch it up, already played it on PS3. Archer class is going to be fecking deadly with mouse aiming. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Second time buying this after getting the 360 version yonks ago and having it sit on the shelf gathering dust.

Definitely gona play it this time.

Definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Kirby wrote: »
    Why did it take so long to come to PC? Seems an odd decision after so much time. Cash grab?

Could've been they were trying to figure out how to make the server stuff work on PC, they are a Japanese company after all! :pac:
    I was long finished it by the time the expansion came out and if I recall you had to buy the whole thing again as it wasn't available as a download?
    AFAIK, Dark Arisen fixed a lot of bugs, added more enemies & abilities, rebalanced the game and added a Souls-inspired expansion.

It did give you an unlimited ferrystone (warp item) if you had an original save though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It was also a budget release so not like they were forcing you to buy the game all over again. The Dark Arisen content is pretty significant and adds loads of new gameplay elements so even if you bought it new you were getting a pretty significant expansion for the price of an expansion, newcomers were getting the added bonus of the original game.

Advertisement