Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon's Dogma

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

You also get rift points(or whatever they're called. I can't remember) if your pawns are used by other players. If nobody uses them, then you still get some, but not as much. And they're accrued while you're not in-game. So by taking a break from the game you can actually get a decent amount rift point thingies. Probably too late to say now, but the key is usually to just make a female pawn for yourself and dress them in scanty armour. It may sound sexist, but that seems to be what most other users will pick. Either that or get the coolest looking armour, but that option is a bit more expensive.

As for feeling under-powered, I found that I was incredibly under-powered in an area and then suddenly was overpowered once I leveled up. But then I'd be under-powered in the next area. You may have to grind in some places to boost your character, but I didn't' mind grinding in this game, myself. The game design stopped it feeling repetitive to me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

penev10 wrote: »
    Am about 6 hours in now with a level 13 Strider. Taking my time in Gran Soren, still trying to suss out whether I like the game. Spent a while there where I seemed underpowered for every quest I was given. Just figure out how to do the special moves now (hold down L!) so maybe I'm on the path to victory!

I was wondering how I keep getting high level pawns for free, then I read it in an earlier post that its a friends pawn. I've a level 69 sorcerer called Emma in my party now so if she belongs to someone here - thanks very much :D

Any sign of my john cena about the place :P:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,052 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Don't spend your rift crystals, they end up being a very important currency in the Dark Arisen content.

I really enjoyed the game but I found the post game area and Dark arisen which I played after finishing the main story to be where the meat of the game is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Any sign of my john cena about the place :P:pac:

Only busty ladies in the rift!

We just can't seem to undo 4 million years of evolution :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Only busty ladies in the rift!

We just can't seem to undo 4 million years of evolution :P

:-D

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Don't spend your rift crystals, they end up being a very important currency in the Dark Arisen content.

I really enjoyed the game but I found the post game area and Dark arisen which I played after finishing the main story to be where the meat of the game is.
    How are they used in Dark Arisen? I've only got the original xbox version

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,052 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

humanji wrote: »
    How are they used in Dark Arisen? I've only got the original xbox version

They are used for a lot of things but most importantly for removing curses from equipment you find. You'll get the best equipment that way. Also it unlocks many other important things in the dungeon. Trust me and save them, it's worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I had a lvl 64 character called gywn who ended up looking like a medevil bane in the end :L

I'm level 33 now and have just beaten the Griffen. When is a good time to go to Bitterblack Isle? It has a reputation for being quite challenging, is there a rule-of-thumb as to what level you should be first?

Very enjoyable game. Most of the quests are engaging and rewarding with only a few feeling like meaningless fetches.

I'd recommend beating the main game then doing (but not completing otherwise you'll screw yourself over) some of the post game quests before going near there.

• Advertisement

I'd recommend beating the main game then doing (but not completing otherwise you'll screw yourself over) some of the post game quests before going near there.
    I was thinking that. Was worried I might lose interest once the main game is over though and never get around to playing it.

I was thinking that. Was worried I might lose interest once the main game is over though and never get around to playing it.

The game only really gets amazing once you finish the main game. Also the real ending only happens once you beat the post game quest so it's well worth doing.

The game only really gets amazing once you finish the main game. Also the real ending only happens once you beat the post game quest so it's well worth doing.

Ah motivation indeed! Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

A company Capcom have used in the past have registered "Dragon's Dogma Online" as a european trademark.

I wanted a sequel not an MMO :mad:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=945808

Ok so maybe it's not even a MMO , thought the original could have been a good game in co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

calex71 wrote: »
    A company Capcom have used in the past have registered "Dragon's Dogma Online" as a european trademark.

I wanted a sequel not an MMO :mad:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=945808

Ok so maybe it's not even a MMO , thought the original could have been a good game in co-op.
    Hey, as long as it's more Dragon's Dogma... :cool:

I love the first game so much,I might replay it again actually .

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

I love the first game so much,I might replay it again actually .

I was at a loose end last weekend so dug it out and restarted it. I'd forgotten how wonderful it is. I'm a Level 63 Magic Archer at the minute and am traipsing about doing the "From Another Sky" quests as they're a nice way of wandering about the map killing everything in sight, looting whatever I can and levelling up. Every so often I pop back to Devilfire Grove to thrash that dragon and upgrade my equipment in his still-warm blood. Bloody dragons, coming over here, eating all our hearts.

I only do it to make myself look big in front of the pawns though. I suspect they all know how scared I am of the Bitterblack Isle and of Death himself. Last time they all went and died and left me to face him alone. Alone and in the dark with nothing but his song of death as he sought me out in the dark tunnels. :eek:

I was at a loose end last weekend so dug it out and restarted it. I'd forgotten how wonderful it is. I'm a Level 63 Magic Archer at the minute and am traipsing about doing the "From Another Sky" quests as they're a nice way of wandering about the map killing everything in sight, looting whatever I can and levelling up. Every so often I pop back to Devilfire Grove to thrash that dragon and upgrade my equipment in his still-warm blood. Bloody dragons, coming over here, eating all our hearts.

I only do it to make myself look big in front of the pawns though. I suspect they all know how scared I am of the Bitterblack Isle and of Death himself. Last time they all went and died and left me to face him alone. Alone and in the dark with nothing but his song of death as he sought me out in the dark tunnels. :eek:

Awesome post :D

What do the from another sky quest entail? Don't think I've ever done them before.

Thanks.

It's those 100 Medal thingies that are scattered about the place. I picked up the full DLC version of the game sometime last year for pennies. I played it through, made a complete pig's ear of the "New Game Plus" by selecting the wrong option through tiredness from, err playing the game for hours on end so had to start again and then accidentally deleted my save game shortly after completing it again.

I plan on doing everything I can up to taking on the dragon, then heading off to Bitterblack and then taking down Mr. D. Ragon Esq before going onto a new game.

Back again. I did a bit of reading on the subject and found people advising against doing Bitterblack before Level 90 or so. One dead dragon later and I'm Level 83 and wandering about Everfall putting everything to the sword, or rather dragon dagger and magic bow. I only just found out that "Dragon's Tears" perk where having three different ones in your inventory increases the chance of finding unique item drops. Two nice bits of armour so far. This playthrough is far more satisfying as I keep changing my party and skill-set to match the situation. Not a single "Everybody died" scenario yet but that Arch-Hydra ran me pretty close last night.

• Advertisement

I'm gonna start a new game and try and get the platinum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Never heard of this game until it was mentioned on the 'most under-rated games' thread, want to give it a go now. Read one review which - while a bit mixed - made it sound like the final battle is the most epicest of epic final battles possible. Have to try it now just to see what it's like.

The game has its flaws - an extremely bad quest progression for a start - do some quests in the wrong order or go too far on the main quest line and you can cancel an awful lot of side quests. I missed out on 4-5 quests in my current playthrough due to it. It's not an easy game to just pick up and play straight away as you get very little in game assistance. The pawns can be a pain in the proverbial as well if you get the party line-up wrong and they become more a hindrance than a help.

That said, the fully-loaded version of the game, with all the DLC and Bitterblack Isle added on, makes it much more rewarding. The latter isn't for the faint-hearted as it's in pitch blackness with the added 'fun' that, the more you kill, the bigger and badder the monsters you attract to your position thanks to the "Smell of blood." I've never sweated so much in a game when I'm low on health, my lantern is nearly out of oil, the next 'Safe Zone' is a long way away and I can hear heavy breathing and growling somewhere in the darkness ahead. There's tons of lovely loot that can be upgraded (at a cost) and eight different character types that you can switch between as often as you like.

I did have an evil chuckle when I was attacked by a 'smell of death enemy' and Death at the same time and Death missed me with his instant death attack and hit the other big baddie. Thanks for the exp babes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

easily one of the most enjoyable rpg of last gen , I would so go back and add another 50 hours again in a new pt , but better beat some of my tower of back louge before I cry ;<9

Sorry for the necrothread but it's been announced that dark Arisen is coming to PC. I loved the game but the frame rate was so awful. Glad to see it coming to a platform that can do the game justice and perhaps get a next ten release as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

next ten release

Windows freudian slip?

I read that a little earlier. Great news if they make a good effort at the port.

It's MT framework engine so should be good, PC ports with that engine have so far been top notch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

RIP my life

Advertisement