Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Max Payne 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

sheehy83 wrote: »
    We are feuding! Check the attachment.

Also, anyone sending a crew request, I get your invite but then I have to send an invite back so check your notifications. Kinda crap I can't just add you into the crew on your 1st request. Same, it's crap you can't join your friends game online.

:D That was my bad. Me and another guy from the Crew were playing against 3 guys from the 2012 crew in a gang war last night. The 3 of them were working as a team and annihilated us so we're off to a bad start on that feud.

Still can't seem to get my loadout right. I've found a loadout I'm happy with for DM but when bringing that to another game mode it doesn't work for me at all. It's bizarre. Gonna have to really use and diversify the custom loadouts in this game which I never really do in online to find the right balance

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Fair play man!! I was looking them up, they have like 80 feud wins so they are well used to it, ton of members as well. we'll get em next time! Ya, i'm finding success with the ak-47 with laser sight, bullet proof vest and bullet time burst giving me a medium weight. Anyone dual wielding pistols? I kept getting killed by the same guy last night dual wielding. Just wondering if it is worth levelling up the pistol to level 6 just to dual wield.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Well done boys! Notorioux, I was just heading off again when you sent me that invite. We'll get a crew game eventually!

What modes are ye mostly playing? I was playing rookie TDM lately, nearly on level 7 and have been finishing in the top 3 constantly. Think it's time to move on. Some slog going through the levels. Level 50 looks impossible at this stage.

I hear people are using soft lock games just to level up faster, as much as it would be true, just can't see it being half as fun.

haha... No worries mate and yeah, defo we'll get a crew game soon! I'm just getting my gold gun for my M10 yesterday when you invited me and when I sent you an invite you're done playing, sucks! lol

I am mostly playing Ground War and Payne Killer, cause that's where it's at. :D

To be honest I find playing free aim easier, cause you can control your aim just always go for the headshot and they'll go down fast on soft aim yes it'll help you aim but always directly to the chest.

Try stick to Mini 30, RPD and M10 and level em' up you'll see true beauty! :D

I used the mini 30 a few times and had great success and then got killed a lot so I switched, might go back to it so and give it another go. What weight are you carrying? I was thinking of equipping a helmet as well didn't want to go into the 'heavy' scale. Also, what burst do you use?

I'm at the end of chapter 12 and want to finish the single player before going back to multiplayer so might just finish that tonight and then head full on into multiplayer tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

I used the mini 30 a few times and had great success and then got killed a lot so I switched, might go back to it so and give it another go. What weight are you carrying? I was thinking of equipping a helmet as well didn't want to go into the 'heavy' scale. Also, what burst do you use?

I'm at the end of chapter 12 and want to finish the single player before going back to multiplayer so might just finish that tonight and then head full on into multiplayer tomorrow night.

last 2 chapters, nice...but dam i died.....ALOT playing them chapters lol

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    It tells me ... in game at least I have 593 kills of the crews 1300 or so :p

What It doesn't say it that I'm likely the cause of the .68 kill.death ratio :o

I've got you beat on my death Ratio. I've got 3 tasty suicides thrown in as well

psugrue wrote: »
    last 2 chapters, nice...but dam i died.....ALOT playing them chapters lol

I'm on the quaking rooftop and retired a few times going for the headshot trophy but I think i'll just finish the game at this point and go back for the trophies later.

I'm on the quaking rooftop and retired a few times going for the headshot trophy but I think i'll just finish the game at this point and go back for the trophies later.

yea thats what i did considering once you finish you can choose which checkpoint of which chapter you want to play, it slows the game down too much on your 1st play through looking for trophies

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

what exactly are feuds? How do they work?

not sure with the feuds. Might just be a case of a few crew members in a game together against another crew with a few members and that kicks off a feud. seems unlikely that we were randomly assigned that crew and then we got paired against them in an online game.

• Advertisement

Rockstar made changes to XP and cash payouts in Online. Can anyone tell me what XP you got for a kill before this?

New XP values:
    • Kill: 50 XP
    • L2 Burst: 25 XP
    • L3 Burst: 50 XP
    • Territory First In: 25 XP
    • Delivery/Grab Pickup: 25 XP
    • Delivery/Grab Drop-Off: 50 XP
    New cash values:
    • x3 Killstreak: $50
    • x5 Killstreak: $75
    • Delivery Pickup: $25
    • Delivery Drop-Off: $25
    • Delivery Intercept: $10
    • Grab Pickup: $50
    • Grab Drop-Off: $50
    • Bomb Defused/Planted: $125
    • Warfare Winning Team: $100
    • PK Loot Special Corpse: $100 (reduction from $250)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Anyone else disapointed by this? I was a big fan of the first two, especially the 1st. But this just doesnt feel like a Max Payne game. It strikes me more of a GTA with nicer graphics and bullet time.

The older Max paynes were much darker, seemed slower paced and...well I dont know I cant quite put my finger on it. This definitely isnt Max Payne though. Its like a summer blockbuster going from epic scene to epic scene.

You cant go 5 minutes without another big cut scene. Very annoying and its making the levels seem extremely small.

Rockstar made changes to XP and cash payouts in Online. Can anyone tell me what XP you got for a kill before this?

New XP values:
    • Kill: 50 XP
    • L2 Burst: 25 XP
    • L3 Burst: 50 XP
    • Territory First In: 25 XP
    • Delivery/Grab Pickup: 25 XP
    • Delivery/Grab Drop-Off: 50 XP
    New cash values:
    • x3 Killstreak: $50
    • x5 Killstreak: $75
    • Delivery Pickup: $25
    • Delivery Drop-Off: $25
    • Delivery Intercept: $10
    • Grab Pickup: $50
    • Grab Drop-Off: $50
    • Bomb Defused/Planted: $125
    • Warfare Winning Team: $100
    • PK Loot Special Corpse: $100 (reduction from $250)

was reading some articles earlier and apparently it was only 20xp for a kill in multiplayer before, didnt really play much before the patch tho

what! no wonder my level was going no where! I saw a lot of complaints about the time it takes to level up so this is definitely welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

what! no wonder my level was going no where! I saw a lot of complaints about the time it takes to level up so this is definitely welcome

Yeah nice changes, I've played multiplayer for about 8 hours and got to level 11, I'm about 10000 off lvl 12 at the minute (bar is about 3/4 the way there :eek: ) so thats about 50k from lvl 11 to lvl 12 :eek: or with my average xp of 2000 per gang war thats 25 matches :eek: :eek:

I'll play a few games tonight and see if the return is any better with the changes, so far Payne Killer has been good to me regards XP

Cool, let us know the difference you see. I mean I don't want a COD case of levelling up every couple of matches but its crap at the moment, it's nice getting incentives to keep playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

Just got my crew invite, nice one! :D

I wish there was a connection bar beside the player name on the scoreboards like COD, sometimes I'd swear I'm a second or two behind!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

Anyone recommend something thats on par with a silenced mini 30? Wanting to try something different but dont want to get my butt kicked at the same time.

Anyone recommend something thats on par with a silenced mini 30? Wanting to try something different but dont want to get my butt kicked at the same time.

Just looking at my stats earlier , it showed I was killed most by rifle, not the Ak the soldier load out has the other one can't remember it's name, I'm going to try that one myself later.

Saw some nasty perks earlier too, the paranoia one is bad but the one that makes you appear as friendly on the enemies hud is a curse :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

calex71 wrote: »
    Just looking at my stats earlier , it showed I was killed most by rifle, not the Ak the soldier load out has the other one can't remember it's name, I'm going to try that one myself later.

Saw some nasty perks earlier too, the paranoia one is bad but the one that makes you appear as friendly on the enemies hud is a curse :mad:

I love sneaky bursts I think its the best I love activating it near hordes of enemies then melee em' one by one lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Finished it on Hard and Hardcore (Hardcore is frustrating as f**k)
    Now on to Old school mode..

Ranking up in MP is sooooo slow, takes forever!!!

Notorioux wrote: »
    I love sneaky bursts I think its the best I love activating it near hordes of enemies then melee em' one by one lol

Ha I just realised I had it unlocked myself...... can't beat 'em join 'em :pac:

And it's a level one perk too so you can use it loads , only thing is after you kill a person using it they rarely fall for it a 3rd time :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Just finished it earlier, fúcking hell, that was some game! Absolutely loved it. Going to go on a collectible hunt now tomorrow with a wiki to get everything I missed.

One concern I had:
    In the flashback in the cemetery, at the very end you're being led away at gunpoint, but we never find out what happens after that? Or did I just forget?

SP review in my sig if anyone's interested. :)

I didn't get much chance to play it last night but the bit I did play, I couldn't get past the last part of chapter 12, tremors on the roof. I have no pills and keep getting killed by by that heavy armour dude.

Anyone notice a difference in XP online?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Just finished it earlier, fúcking hell, that was some game! Absolutely loved it. Going to go on a collectible hunt now tomorrow with a wiki to get everything I missed.

One concern I had:
    In the flashback in the cemetery, at the very end you're being led away at gunpoint, but we never find out what happens after that? Or did I just forget?

SP review in my sig if anyone's interested. :)
    thats the part where you escape by hitting the fella with the shovel as your digging your own grave.. then you go to try and find the phone with passos, mission ends at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

got this yesterday, nice looking game the city vistas out the windows in the first level are nice. I like the Collateral homage nightclub gunfight. does anyone find the target reticule and onscreen writing way too small? like when you run over something and pick up ammo or whatever, can barely read what it says. the MP is good but takes forever to level up so cant see myself sticking with it for long

I didn't get much chance to play it last night but the bit I did play, I couldn't get past the last part of chapter 12, tremors on the roof. I have no pills and keep getting killed by by that heavy armour dude.

just go for the haedshots on the heavy armor dude and like 6 bullets to the head and he dies

Not sure what difficulty you are playing, but playing on hard if I die 5 or 6 times I'll restart with pills, die a few more times and you'll have 2. Odd they give you this when playing on hard , I'm not complaining it's got me through some tough spots.

I'm on medium but in my last attempt, I started with one pill bottle. I just thought I found it somewhere in that level and when I noticed it inthe corner of my screen, I ended up getting blasted and had to use it :o

If I start fresh knowing I have one, that will make it easier. That headshot achievement seems impossible though. I guess thats why it's called Lucky something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I'm on medium but in my last attempt, I started with one pill bottle. I just thought I found it somewhere in that level and when I noticed it inthe corner of my screen, I ended up getting blasted and had to use it :o

If I start fresh knowing I have one, that will make it easier. That headshot achievement seems impossible though. I guess thats why it's called Lucky something.

I got it by spraying and praying.
    Love the kill cams especially shotguns at close range. I always pump a few more in to them just to send a message. The bullet time makes you feel like one hell of a bad-ass

Advertisement