Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Max Payne 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I love the story especially when he shaves his head reminds me of Breaking Bad

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah, the game has some great writing, some really quality lines.

So, anyone deciding to get the season pass yet after playing MP for a bit?

Also, this link has a chart of everything you unlock with each level in multiplayer.

http://www.realsg.com/2012/05/guide-max-payne-3-multiplayer-rank.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 karenjlwalker

I'm loving the game, i've played through on normal with free aim and am now well into my hard with free aim play through. I found the singleplayer gameplay to be true to the feel of its predecessors, the story was great and again true to the Max Payne name, voice acting was excellent as was the soundtrack as there are a good few incentives to keep the player going back to the campaign.

I do wish they would have continued all of the TV shows from the original games rather than just Captain Baseball Bat Boy.

I originally had my doubts about the multiplayer aspect of the game, thinking that it was just tacked on. However, after playing it, I have to say it is very enjoyable. The range of gametypes including the newer ones like Payne Killer and Gang Wars are fun a d interesting to play and the level up / customisation system works well too.

My only issue with the game was that there were moments in the singleplayer campaign that seem to present the player with stealth opportunities, but no matter what you did, after taking down one or two enemies stealthy, SHTF always happens.

9/10 from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

is online working for everybody.. went to have an online game and a message came up saying 'online service disabled due to age restriction on ps3', so I tried an online game of gta and that works fine..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

I instantly thought of Moss when I met that IT Guy too, I do wonder if he was somehow an influence or inspiration for the look

Superb game though.

• Advertisement

How many hours is the SP coming in at?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

How many hours is the SP coming in at?

It's longer than your average modern SP game thankfully. Some are saying 12-15hrs on normal. Some reviewers have even said it's too long.

Great game, just going back through it now trying to get some trophies and the unskippable cut scenes are infuriating. Thats my only complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

took about 8 and a half hours for me, going on that it sounds like a short campaign but considering that i'll be replaying quite a few times its a really good length, and its an amazing finish to an amazing game

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I rediscovered my love of the series. :) The first two chapters had me worried, but then BAM! Flashback in New Jersey, and I was hooked.

Assaulting Sorrano's house now, not sure what chapter that is, and loving it. I'm atrociously bad at the game though, playing on Easy and still dying a lot, but loving the story.

Lads, if R* can make a game with this much atmosphere and beauty now, I literally can't wait until GTAV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

i have never played the previous 2 games . so should i get this game ? does it matter if i haven't played the previous titles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Just cleared it tonight and I think its the first game ever Im gonna go back and play on easy just so I can enjoy the stylish gun battles again, the last chapter with the backing track playing was epic. If not a little early in the chapter for it.

For a nice little scene try slow dive down the barrier between the escalators .... fresh to death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

4 days to payday, cannot wait to get this! :D Especially after XtraVision dashed my hopes today by offering a 5 euro trade in on BF3 against it :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

ricero wrote: »
    i have never played the previous 2 games . so should i get this game ? does it matter if i haven't played the previous titles

I can't comment on MP3, as I haven't played yet, but the Max Payne games are classics. You should really check them out regardless.

You can pick them both up on a Steam sale for a fiver. If you preorded MP3 on steam you also got a copy of the first two games.

Hey Lads, anyone up for a Crew game tonight around half 6 on PS3?

We have 32 members on the Boards crew so feel free to sign up

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/boards-ie

It's a pity you can't just jump on friends games instead of having to invite them to your party.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

ricero wrote: »

As has been said in a post above this, those two games are classics and you should give them a go for that reason.

You don't specifically need to have played them though to enjoy MP3, sure there are easter eggs etc referencing the first two games but the actual story of MP3 itself is self contained and anything that needs explicitly explained such as Max's leaving America are explained in excellent flash back missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

DarkJager wrote: »
    Especially after XtraVision dashed my hopes today by offering a 5 euro trade in on BF3 against it :(

What?? That's a scandalous offer. All the shops are really taking the piss these days.
    I notice on gamestops offer to trade 3 games from a list and get a game for 3 euro, half the games on the list aren't even out yet ffs. Also i thought it used to be 2 games not 3, not sure about that though.

Anyway.... getting this on Friday once my exams are over, played 2 again recently, still a cool game.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Hey Lads, anyone up for a Crew game tonight around half 6 on PS3?

It's a pity you can't just jump on friends games instead of having to invite them to your party.

I will probably be on for a while a bit later (7:30-8). Will send you a message when i come online.

To be honest i didnt understand the basics of how the online component worked untill yesterday when i read this guide.

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/3/29/2909581/max-payne-3-multiplayer-bullet-time-boosts-and-crews-explained

Did you know that you can put wagers before matches? Dont know how to do it though. Might try and see if i can place a bet on being the one with the most number of deaths at the end of the match :P . Yeah i suck at online games

finally managed to get into a few games there today, had a lot of fun but dam them controls are gonna take a while to get used to, im currently using 6-6-6, its either too sensitive or not sensitive enough but apart from that loving it

some quality games in there, i am loving it now!! controls are mastered and just got the mvp with the boards symbol showing! love that mini 30!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wow the crew took a bit of a jump up the rankings there tonight, up to 2407 now :)

calex71 wrote: »
    Wow the crew took a bit of a jump up the rankings there tonight, up to 2407 now :)

saying on my tv that we are at world rank 1093!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Mainly because of me >_> :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Notorioux wrote: »
    Mainly because of me >_> :p

It tells me ... in game at least I have 593 kills of the crews 1300 or so :p

What It doesn't say it that I'm likely the cause of the .68 kill.death ratio :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Ya erm... As soon as I start playing, i'm gonna drag ye all down to my crappy multiplayer standards...:pac:

ahaha... 887 kills for me on the ps3. GO ME! ^^ :p Mini 30 + supressor, RPD and dual M10 FTW! RPG for the objective campers is also pure win! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Notorioux wrote: »
    ahaha... 887 kills for me on the ps3. GO ME! ^^ :p Mini 30 + supressor, RPD and dual M10 FTW! RPG for the objective campers is also pure win! :D

Hey Notorioux, are you still in the crew? I thought i saw your name pop up yesterday under a different crew name.

Well done boys! Notorioux, I was just heading off again when you sent me that invite. We'll get a crew game eventually!

What modes are ye mostly playing? I was playing rookie TDM lately, nearly on level 7 and have been finishing in the top 3 constantly. Think it's time to move on. Some slog going through the levels. Level 50 looks impossible at this stage.

I hear people are using soft lock games just to level up faster, as much as it would be true, just can't see it being half as fun.

We are feuding! Check the attachment.

Also, anyone sending a crew request, I get your invite but then I have to send an invite back so check your notifications. Kinda crap I can't just add you into the crew on your 1st request. Same, it's crap you can't join your friends game online.

• Advertisement

jmx009 wrote: »
    Hey Notorioux, are you still in the crew? I thought i saw your name pop up yesterday under a different crew name.

I am still in crew, but I got another one for my non irish mates on PS3 aswell so I'm switching it up when I'm playing with em'.

Advertisement