Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Spraying

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭end a eknny

right ignore owens post unless you intend to become a professsional car painter. get yourself 2k paint and the sealey gold gun, paint the car and be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭kdevitt

right ignore owens post unless you intend to become a professsional car painter.

Or you want a half decent finish...

2k paint and requires a proper airfed respirator, and its not meant to be supplied anymore, so the OP would be using acrylics. They will need all the prep items such as sandpaper, scotchbrite, panel wipe, tack cloths and a DA sander. They will need filler, cheese file, primer. They will need the paint, thinners and lacquer. They will also need the machine polisher to bring up the gloss on the acrylic paint. Its not cheap to get all that.

The end result will only be as good as the prep work that goes into it - I've learnt that from experience. Am slowly building up my equipment here and will be doing some spraying, but have no intention of taking shortcuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

any good motor factors. 50l will do but it may take a bit longer stopping to let pressure build up. with that set up and first time i would take off doors wings bonnet lie them flat and spray one at a time

Well,
    it's been a very long time since i sprayed any car or panel for that matter but I most certainly would not lay the panels flat when spraying them. I would hang them from something.
    Laying them flat only increases the chances of dust landing on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

right ignore owens post unless you intend to become a professsional car painter. get yourself 2k paint and the sealey gold gun, paint the car and be happy

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

right ignore owens post unless you intend to become a professsional car painter.

or unless you want to practice to become a Skip painter.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

right ignore owens post unless you intend to become a professsional car painter

...or unless you plan to do a good job...

• Registered Users Posts: 38 xXCivicMadXx

what colour do you intend to paint it and where abouts are you
    p.s ignore all the people making out that its some sort of rocket science. they would like you to go to a bodyshop and pay 40euro and hour for what by there own admission is mostly sanding and masking up. there should be no problem getting 2k paint. but if you cant synthethic would probably do and it would be cheaper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

what colour do you intend to paint it and where abouts are you
    p.s ignore all the people making out that its some sort of rocket science. they would like you to go to a bodyshop and pay 40euro and hour for what by there own admission is mostly sanding and masking up.

Facepalm.

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Facepalm.
    have you done much spray painting

• Advertisement

have you done much spray painting

Loads..;)

graffiti doesnt count

This is the thread that just keeps on giving :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

Its great satisfaction doing abit of spray work yourself, the hard bit for me is getting the laquered effect perfect. Wet sanding and compounding the bejasus out of the panels is hard work but lovely when they turn out right for you.

graffiti doesnt count
    Owen wrote: »
    This is the thread that just keeps on giving :pac:

No Graffiti around these parts Owen is there???:)

Definitely not Mal, but a whole load of bullcrap though ;)

True. If only Enda knew all the spray painting I done in the D`outback..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 xXCivicMadXx

Cheers for all the info it helps me out a lot :)

so why do you keep spouting it then

-Corkie- wrote: »
    True. If only Enda knew all the spray painting I done in the D`outback..:)
    is there an outback in cork. are is this some reference to why the sheep in cork always look scared

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

so why do you keep spouting it then

Right, that's crossing the line to personal abuse. To save infractions and bans do not post in this thread again.

sorry about that maybe i wasnt clear enough owen and his halfwit sidekick corkie, where talking a lot of ****e and i thought it might be a good idea to point it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

sorry about that maybe i wasnt clear enough owen and his halfwit sidekick corkie, where talking a lot of ****e and i thought it might be a good idea to point it out

Banned for a week for personal abuse

Advertisement