Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the naughtiest thing your pet has ever done?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

My collie boy opened the oven and took the Xmas dinner out of it last year. Turkey, ham, roast spuds, glazed parsnips - the whole lot. Managed it in the 20 minutes we spent lifting up wrappings from the presents and we never heard a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

Loving some of the stories.

Reminds me of our late British Short-hair ginger tom, called Tom :rolleyes:.
    One of the neighbor's kids came up to the house - "tell your cat not to eat my dad's koi".

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭McKuntmissioner

6ca4a.jpg

A+ picture, absolutely looks like a prize-winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭TaraR

Boots Our Pitbull , ate through the wall in our rented house last year! :O

Zeuss loves lamps. At first it was cute:
    aa-2.jpg

Eventually, it became less cute:
    20140_229850466509_600861509_371051.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Back in the early 2000s, the cat took a dump on my father's laptop computer!
    He literally decided to do it right on the keyboard.
    It was extremely odd too as he'd full access to outside and he was a fairly clean cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

niallb wrote: »
    Best dog ever ate the cheese :-(
    Current dog ate one of the cats...

What!? Was it already dead!??? Tell the tale.
    OMG!

Solair wrote: »
    Back in the early 2000s, the cat took a dump on my father's laptop computer!
    He literally decided to do it right on the keyboard.
    It was extremely odd too as he'd full access to outside and he was a fairly clean cat.

When cats defecate in peculiar places, it usually intentional. Barring illness, that cat was likely attempting to send a message of some sort. (Seriously.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Left a packed lunch on the chair up high on the back, came down from a shower to find my Chihuahua munching away, when we got a Pug Pom two Christmases ago he took her over, anyone including myself who came near either one was attacked,he calmed down after being neutered but still goes for any and all who leave the house. I also had a dog years ago that managed on several occasions to steal the Sunday Roast while it was cooling with the oven door open,cheeky basterd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

My bichon pup chewed through the powercord for my router on thursday.....his whiskers still look slightly singed.:o

We also had to move all the books from our bottom bookshelf because he decided to tear them all up one morning. There were a few nice hardbacks there too.

Our cat chewed through the powercord for my threadmill when he was a kitten.

Between the two dogs I've had two phones eaten. I cant even count the amount of earphones I have had chewed. My own fault for leaving them out though!:o

One of them destroyed a hdmi cable that cost 70 euro.

I caught the other dog gnawing on the corner of the coffee table like a little rat the other day too! :D She also managed to pull up a skirting board on another occasion.

The two of them get a four mile walk every day and have every toy in the petshop, dunno where they get the energy.

When I had a hamster my ex left an expensive hoodie on a chair beside the cage, when we got up the next morning she had managed to pull the entire arm into her cage and had shredded it up into a nice little bed for herself. He was not best pleased! :D

Untitled.jpg?t=1249411189

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Tore up the lino as a pup. All of it. Twice. No idea how he did it. He then proceeded to chew through the chairlegs not long after the second time.

When I had a hamster my ex left an expensive hoodie on a chair beside the cage, when we got up the next morning she had managed to pull the entire arm into her cage and had shredded it up into a nice little bed for herself. He was not best pleased! :D

Untitled.jpg?t=1249411189

! Great pic! Is that the reason he's an ex!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

! Great pic! Is that the reason he's an ex!!!

Nope but it wasn't much longer after that little incident that he became one!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

My newfie ate my Hello Magazine!

176002.jpg

176003.jpg

176005.jpg

176004.jpg

Clearly an animal of impeccable taste :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭DustyMan

Stole a Pig's head from a shop (years ago when they sold meat including Pig's head's in rural/village shops). He grabbed it into his mouth a shot out from the shop with it. Dropped it in the middle of the road picked it up again and off he went.

I kid you not!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭niallb

niallb wrote:
    OMG!
    Not at the beginning...
    Cat was helping itself to the dogs' supper in the dog run.
    It must have imagined that the dogs were asleep.
    Our younger dog is a jet black boxer/labrador cross - looks exactly like the black and white wallpaper picture that came with Windows XP.
    Must have come out of the night like a ton of bricks with teeth.
    I got to the door moments after the screaming started, but there was too much damage done by then, and it was all over in minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

Growing up my parents house had a door knocker really low down on the front door. At night we'd let our cat out and at around 2 or 3am he'd sit at the front door and pull the door knocker until someone go up and would let him in.
    To this day we still have no idea how he learnt that trick!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,252 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Monkey see, monkey do.

niallb wrote: »
    niallb wrote:
    OMG!
    Not at the beginning...

Omg poor you; how horrifying.!Poor The Cat :0
    Won't be trying that again in cat heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Aish_ie

Delancey wrote: »
    Clearly an animal of impeccable taste :p

Beautiful looking dog :)
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Buddy just ate a hole in the wall in the hall in the house... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Our new rescue Benson has gained enough confidence to become a chewer/digger.

He has 3 holes dug in the garden, they've been refilled 4 times but he digs away again!
    All of Coco's toys have been chewed to destruction, 2 doormats, a bed, a bin lid, a throw and then the worst was a full set of decking lights chewed out of their holders, including wires, electrical box the lot - I'd say he got a shock or two but it didn't put him off!

My friend came over for coffee the other day and brought her georgeous two labs with her. As I walked us through to the kitchen I turned to see lab 1 doing a ginormous acrobatic p1ss that niagara falls would be proud of; right down a tower of expensive finance coursebooks I was leaving out to sell; about e400 worth! Worse still they were balanced on a porous box of about 60 of my favourite CDs. Sobs.
    What could I do :0 All drying with disinfectant on the radiators while I consider the inevitable :0
    ( they re still lovely dogs thou!)

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

Hum lets see. My dog .. Hes a Samoyed.
    he loves to dig. He completely destroyed my mums garden. He dug holes every where, then when he got bored of the grass he decided to dig up the stones/gravel(he had a field day with that) in the end we had to get a run build for when we couldnt watch him!

He loves tissues, even used ones, and eating them!
    Let him run loose in a field and he ate horse poo!! He didnt stay inside the house that night!:o

I can't give him stuffed toys cos he thinks its prey for him to kill and chew on!! Quite funny actually as long as he dosent eat the stuffing!
    He loves to sniff peoples privates.... very embarrasing!!
    oh and when he was a pup he was a nightmare to walk and would try and walk between my legs so nearly tripping me over!! I could of killed him!!

Theres prob more but I cant think right now! oh the joys!!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 78,252 ✭✭✭✭Victor

My friend came over for coffee the other day and brought her georgeous two labs with her. As I walked us through to the kitchen I turned to see lab 1 doing a ginormous acrobatic p1ss that niagara falls would be proud of; right down a tower of expensive finance coursebooks I was leaving out to sell; about e400 worth! Worse still they were balanced on a porous box of about 60 of my favourite CDs. Sobs.
    What could I do :0 All drying with disinfectant on the radiators while I consider the inevitable :0
    ( they re still lovely dogs thou!)
    Do not dry CDs on radiator!

...do not dry CDs on the radiator..

Uh oh.
    Removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Another thread made me remember this.
    When I was a kid our dog followed us to mass quite a few times, on one occasion he peed on the pulpit as the priest was giving a reading, the priest then asked an altar boy to remove him and our lovely untrained and quite feisty fella started barking at him and running amok around the altar.

Eventually the man who looked after the church came out and managed to catch him and carry him out by the collar.
    All through this my mother was too embarassed to do anything, she whispered at us to pretend he wasn't ours and sat tutting and shaking her head with the rest of the congregation.
    Oh how I loved that dog. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Great thread,I,m just after looking out at my JRT....he's stretched out in the grass lying on one of my work overalls and coats that he liberated from the shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

Another thread made me remember this.
    When I was a kid our dog followed us to mass quite a few times, on one occasion he peed on the pulpit as the priest was giving a reading, the priest then asked an altar boy to remove him and our lovely untrained and quite feisty fella started barking at him and running amok around the altar.

Eventually the man who looked after the church came out and managed to catch him and carry him out by the collar.
    All through this my mother was too embarassed to do anything, she whispered at us to pretend he wasn't ours and sat tutting and shaking her head with the rest of the congregation.
    Oh how I loved that dog. :)

:D :Dthats brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

I caught my little parrot Dookie on video.... Ouch that hurt!

Serves me right, I know she doesn't like cameras :)

Advertisement