Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the naughtiest thing your pet has ever done?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

1kg of freshly boiled ham
    1 Ted Baker glass case :mad:
    1 plug
    1 cable wire
    1 Christmas cake
    1 frozen fish finger

Picture%252520365.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

1 toothbrush belonging to the cat! That's it, I'm rather lucky with my fella that he's not a chewer, not sure what possesed him to destroy the cat's toothbrush. Steals plenty of socks and underwear but just hoards them like a magpie. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

We have a one year old lab (one year old today! :)) and he has been nick-named Demolition Dog! We are missing the doorframes on 4 doors - he has taken chunks out of our lovely wooden staircase - he has demolished houseplants, shoes, skirting board -- any toy we buy him doesnt last longer than 20 mins - his idea of play is to rip the thing apart as quickly as possible!

My OH built a lovely dog house for him and set up a steel dog pen in the garden, so he can stay there instead of in our house when we are not at home - we just can't take any more destruction in the house!
    The dog house roof has had to be replaced already as he chewed it half off. He has now turned his attention to re-doing our garden and is responsible for some serious holes in the ground :rolleyes:

...but we love him anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Nead21 wrote: »
    1kg of freshly boiled ham
    1 Ted Baker glass case :mad:
    1 plug
    1 cable wire
    1 Christmas cake
    1 frozen fish finger

A Christmas cake and an entire ham?! He had himself a good Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

A Christmas cake and an entire ham?! He had himself a good Christmas :D

It wasn't in one sitting but I'm sure he would given half a chance!

We didn't notice the Christmas cake until I went to eat some, as amazingly he had managed to eat it without really disturbing the wrapper, and we were wondering why he wasn't that bothered about eating his dinner! :rolleyes:

Ham was completely devoured...plastic casing and all!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Sometimes my guinea pigs methodically pull off the pegs that hold the fleece to the grids and go underneath. They spend the whole day in there peeing and pooping and thinking its great fun, but the smell is so bad! Little brats. They know they aren't allowed!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

My Granny had a dog once, a springer spaniel.

Anyways she had visitors coming over that hadn't been in quite a while, and she wanted to make them very welcome - bought a huge chicken to roast, loads of food, drink, and so on.

Anyways, they were due to arrive around 3 o'clock, and she had the chicken ready for 2.50pm or so. Took it out, left it on the counter, and went to check on the veg.

Turned around again, chicken gone - and the dog trotting out the door with it hanging out of his mouth.

Anyways she chased down the dog, grabbed the chicken back, washed it under the tap had it on the table for the visitors when they arrived. Never said a word.

True story!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

Our Boxer dog (less than a year old) stole one of the huge TOBLERONE bars and demolished it.

I've never seen anything so sick in all my life. At one stage the poor dog had her back arched, projectile vomiting one end and diarrhoea out the other.

Next day was right as rain. Needless to say she slept outdoors that night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Gophur wrote: »
    Our Boxer dog (less than a year old) stole one of the huge TOBLERONE bars and demolished it.

I've never seen anything so sick in all my life. At one stage the poor dog had her back arched, projectile vomiting one end and diarrhoea out the other.

Next day was right as rain. Needless to say she slept outdoors that night!

You should have taken her to the vet, chocolate is poison to dogs, all dogs. You're lucky she's not dead. Any dog can get to chocolate, our Fargo had to have his tummy pumped the first weekend we got him, BUT as soon as you are aware you must take them to the vet. It's not an urban legend, you got off lucky, or should I say your dog did, hope that she didn't damage her kidneys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

barbiegirl wrote: »
    You should have taken her to the vet, chocolate is poison to dogs, all dogs. You're lucky she's not dead. Any dog can get to chocolate, our Fargo had to have his tummy pumped the first weekend we got him, BUT as soon as you are aware you must take them to the vet. It's not an urban legend, you got off lucky, or should I say your dog did, hope that she didn't damage her kidneys.

Thanks for the lecture!

(You could have saved it, to be honest!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Gophur wrote: »
    Thanks for the lecture!

(You could have saved it, to be honest!)

Seriously, not trying to lecture, as I said any dog in any house can get to chocolate, it happens. I was making you aware that rather than funny, a dog eating a large amount of chocolate isn't funny and can be lethal. You obviously didn't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

years ago my mam was cooking pork chops on the pan for my dad's dinner. The phone rang and she went out to the hallway to answer it (turned out to be a wrong number, so she was only gone a minute). When she got back there were no chops - the raw one on a plate beside the pan waiting to be cooked was gone as well as the one that had been cooking away. Our collie was way up the far end of the garden looking as if butter wouldn't melt.... Dad got sausages for his dinner in the end and wasn't particularly happy about it. Dog strangely didn't want his dinner that day. Coincidence?

This morning I took the dog to the park for his run (different dog, the old guy died in 2009 aged 16) where he met his mate the weimarner. The pair of them were having a lovely run around when my dog started rolling in something. When I went to investigate I found that he'd been rolling in the rotting carcass of a chicken (god knows how that got there). He was delighted with himself but I had to drive him home with all the car windows open and then give the sod a bath before I could go to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dimpey

Our first retriever Ben end the whole hedge in the back garden and also eat his lovely wicker basket. Was told about eating bed when purchasing the basket in Roches Stores many years ago and we just laughed at the assistant when she told us.
    Mind you we really did love that Dog.His replacement Rocky is so laid back he never done anything - he is just too lazy - mind you he loves tissue hankies and can't resist picking one up on his walks.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

My old dog Twinkle used to eat her wicker beds...she must had chewed through 4 of them... I was only 7 when we got her and she got killed when I was 14. I used to spend all my pocket money buying beds and toys for her. She chewed the beds and would run off with the toys and leave them in our neighbours garden, never to be seen again!!

My Springer Spaniel Jake is 9 now and he's still bold! He loves ripping up cardboard boxes. I cleaned out my room about a year ago and left a black bag full of clothes that I want to give to charity in the shed. Next day found the bag ripped open and Jake asleep in the middle of all the clothes. So cute I couldn't be mad at him! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Two or three remote controls chewed to bits and he'd swallow the buttons that fell off
    When a pup the golden retriever ripped up a good portion of the carpet.

Nothing else realy, just a few robbed sandwiches.
    Put a sandwich on the coffee table and turn your back for a second and he considers it fair game, snooze-you lose

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭scarlet_mandy

Our new guy, Lurcher, has apparently taken issue with our heating system, as I discovered today when I noticed the radiator in his room leaking coz he chewed and punctured the pipe :( It's been leaking a few days now, just kept thinking he peed, as he's not fully housetrained, cue call to the plumber in the morning me thinks........

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

Hudson chewed a hole in the wall TWICE now, in the same place.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

Our GSD Ruby...on the right in the culprit pic....gave poor "Ted" an awful time....then decided to try and make a break for freedom through the fence!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭too little too late

My newfie ate my Hello Magazine!

176002.jpg

176003.jpg

176005.jpg

176004.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭tomthetank

cat used to habitually climb up the curtains and pull them down, got through three new sets by the time she died. Also was terrible for chasing other cats and dogs - every animal in the neighbourhood was afraid of her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

Our Labs not too bad now that shes 18 months old but when she was younger we lost numerous pairs of shoes and runners, Other half lost a good few expensive bras and she chewed the arm off a good €80 shirt of mine. The worst shes done though is chewed and scrapped the carpet off the bottom step on the stairs and ripped numerous skirting boards off walls. Thankfully she was never into cushions, couches, plumbing or electrics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

Dog 1:
    • reading glasses and case robbed?? or lost. all the family thought my father was crazy when he said the dog stole them as he was always losing them. Ages after he died we found the glasses and case separately buried in the straw in the dogs kennel:)
    • OH's wallet robbed from the back seat of the car.......all cards taken out and chewed, money eaten and wallet wrecked.
    • Our wedding coin.......coin completely destroyed with teeth marks, velvet pouch that held it eaten.
    Dog 2:
    • skirting boards around the entire hall wrecked. we had to wait until she was 5 before we replaced them. any that she could not rip right off the wall she managed to actually chew a hole in while on the wall.
    • all buckets of water put in run were emptied. put a large metal one in one day and looked out to see her lifting it by the handle and carrying it over to the kennel where she tipped it in and soaked the whole place.
    • scrape marks down the door of my jeep
    dog 3:
    • really expensive staircase........bottom step eaten....completely ruined.
    Dogs 4,5 & 6
    • woke up to turmoil in the house in the middle of the night. went down to discover black bin bag full of recycling had been pulled down from counter and shredded. ALL cardboard eaten!.......whole room covered in poop:(
    • remote for our expensive camera eaten beyond repair.
    I wont even bother with the beds, teddies etc we have been through:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

My boy has some issues that I won't get into here as I have covered them elsewhere. I will say that he is an absolute angel around the house.

My girl, though, has had some very naughty house moments which she, thankfully, seems to have stopped doing

Ripping up my purse (thankfully no notes in it), ripping up the OH's converse runners, ripping up a book

House training was interesting. We seemed to be getting past her peeing and pooing by the doors and in the bathroom and getting her to go outside. During that time though, we had some odd ones.

Peeing on the sofa
    Pooing on the sofa
    Pooing on the new IKEA duvet on the bed in the spare room
    Peeing on the OH's parents carpet
    Peeing and pooing on my parents carpet

All incidents that happened after she had been out in the garden. The worst of all though...

The OH let her out into the garden for about 10 - 15 mins one morning. When he let her in, she ran straight upstairs onto the bed and peed, beside me, on his side of the bed :eek:.

Thankfully she has stopped all of that, and seems to have the house training learned by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,253 ✭✭✭✭Victor

ppink wrote: »
    [*]woke up to turmoil in the house in the middle of the night. went down to discover black bin bag full of recycling had been pulled down from counter and shredded. ALL cardboard eaten!.......whole room covered in poop:(
    Plenty of fibre!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

Victor wrote: »
    Plenty of fibre!

I'll tell you it was something like 3am and I was fit to kill when I saw the place. I brought them to the vet the following day and he laughed his head off!
    and of course 3 little happy heads with tails wagging like they had done a great thing:cool:
    They were introduced to their new crate sharp the following day:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

6ca4a.jpg[/URL]

We came home to a similar picture with all our conservatory furniture foam in pieces all over the conservatory floor, boxer lying in it pleased as punch. I was fuming! :mad:

Fifteen minutes later, my two kids came in to the kitchen and said they'd cleaned it all up. I was very impressed and went to inspect. Sure enough it was clean as a whistle.

On closer inspection, they taken all the foam pieces and thrown them out the conservatory doors into the garden - it was everywhere!

Kids and animals, eh....... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

Daisy has eaten 3 x files dvd's - my star trek voyager finale cd (the day I bought it too!), a pair of kitten heels, things from my craft stash, pens, nail file, broadband dongle, tubes of eye gel, compact mirror, make up brushes, glasses, sunglasses too, jewelley, countless music and blank CDs, the remote for the tv, dads reading glasses, well chewed lighter (empty one thank feck), books, cat figurines from my figurine collection, hair things, pegs and she's stolen any fruit she can get her paws on.

It's the voyager cd that hurt!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭niallb

Best dog ever ate the cheese :-(
    Current dog ate one of the cats...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Have hardly been here the last couple of days so feeling guilty have been letting him sleep in the house at night (he normaly only comes in in winter - his choice).

Came down this morning & was putting on my daughter's shoes & thought to myself... "what's that weird smell" ?

Not too impressed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 lydiabehan

Came into the kitchen this morning (dogs had been left for 30 mins alone) to an odd smell and hissing sound. To my horror I realised that one of them had managed to turn a gas ring on!! (you have to push them in and twist so I've no idea how they managed that) - Cue my frantic opening of windows and doors.

I then noticed some paper in their bed.....they ate a whole pack of the youngest pup's antibiotics, foil wrapping and all! Had to take them both to the vet who made them puke and gave them charcoal! They obviously have a death wish. I'm just thankful it wasn't more serious as they could have blown the whole house up!

Very eventful morning to say the least!

Advertisement