Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Sports Thread (NBA, NCAA, MBL, NHL, NFL, etc.)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Well you got it handy so...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    I avoided that one, thought it'd be a lot closer so I said no!

Washington were 2 points away from that treble coming off :( Luckily my single on the Steelers kind of saved the day - after that Ravens stinker and GB not beating the spread.

I have another treble ongoing, Houston and Cincinnati have both come in - just waiting on Dallas now which has gone into overtime. Have them -1.5.... :eek:

Yahoo! That was a close one! :D

Only 2/5 in the NFL today but I'm still up fairly nicely after that treble. Not to mention the wins in the college football.

Anyone have any thoughts in the late game? Philly looks good to beat the spread, with Vick coming back to his old stomping ground where he'll get cheered by both sets of fans :D But Matt Ryan may well play like a man possessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

padraig_f wrote: »
    My picks today:

6pm
    Bucs +3 @ Vikings
    Redskins -4 vs. Cardinals
    Lions -8.5 vs. Chiefs

9pm
    Cowboys -3 @ 49ers
    Chargers +7 @ Pats

Upset special: Bengals ML @ Broncos (7/4)

2-1-3.

Bit unlucky today, Cowboys missed a 21 yd FG on their first drive, Romo went off injured but they still got a push, winning by 3.

Redskins won by 1 but didn't cover the spread.

Bengals covered the +4.5 spread, but lost the game by 2.

And the Chargers left a lot of points on the field (went for it on 4th & 1 and failed, 2 interceptions, 1 stupid fumble), should've at least got within 7.

Josh Freeman nicked one though and I doubled up with a ML bet at 3/2 so not complaining too much.

Anyone have any thoughts in the late game? Philly looks good to beat the spread, with Vick coming back to his old stomping ground where he'll get cheered by both sets of fans :D But Matt Ryan may well play like a man possessed.

I'm on the Eagles but more because I find Vick fun to watch than because of any great insight. I watched the Bears today and they were awful, Cutler was beaten up, so that makes the Atlanta's defeat in Chicago last week look even worse.

padraig_f wrote: »
    I'm on the Eagles but more because I find Vick fun to watch than because of any great insight. I watched the Bears today and they were awful, Cutler was beaten up, so that makes the Atlanta's defeat in Chicago last week look even worse.
    Vick is always fun to watch :D

I've done LeSean McCoy to score first and Philly to win by 7-12 @ 34/1. If he does score first I'll be on edge for the rest of the match :pac:

For my serious bet, have done Philly -3.5 @ 2.15.

• Advertisement

Eire....where are you using to bet online?!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Eire....where are you using to bet online?!
    Bet365.

Ah right....Paddy Power is wrecking my head...not letting doubles/trebles/etc on anytime TD scorer...they accept it in the shops like!

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

I have went with Eagles -2.5 and Michael Vick Over (255.5) C'MON LADS!! G'luck :D

Anyone have any tips on the Giants V Rams game?

• Advertisement

Eagles cost me a treble on them, the Patriots and the Texans...not happy!

CriticEyes wrote: »
    Anyone have any tips on the Giants V Rams game?
    Might do a few TD bets.

Ahmad Bradshaw to score a TD and go over 71.5 yards. Lance Kendricks to score anytime @ 3.50.

Bad luck with Vick going out with a concussion last night, that one was in the bag.

Wouldn't take this as a tip but tonight I'm going:
    Rams +7 @ Giants
    Rams ML @ Giants 13/5

Basing this mainly on the Giants last week looking pretty bad against the Redskins. Didn't watch the Rams game but they reportedly played the Eagles tough for 3 quarters. Steven Jackson is doubtful for the Rams, but the +7 still looks like a lot to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Anyone have anything on the MNF game tonight? Stuck a fiver on the Rams scoring over 18.5 points in the game.

Anyone else have any fancies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Backed Rams(+7). From what I've seen/read I think it'll be close enough. Although I could be very, very wrong.

I can see a low scoring, run heavy game so I'm going for unders in this one (44) @ 1.90.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

With Nicks banged up and Eli throwing an interception this week i think the Giants will be running the ball a fair amount tonight. Especially after how much rushing yards the Rams gave up against the Eagles last week. RB1, Bradshaw could have a good chance to exceed the 71.5 yards. It's 1.76 on bet365. I also think Cadillac Williams over 64.5 at 1.83 on PP could be worth a punt. Just have a feeling there's gonna be a lot of yardage on the ground.

Nicks is ACTIVE. That changes things a little.

Nicks is ACTIVE. That changes things a little.

Ok so what seems a better bet now since he starts? I already have Bradshaw over 72.5 rushing yards, under 44 and draw/draw (66/1...... just one of those crazy bets). So what seems good now since he starts and how does that affect my above bets? Cheers

CriticEyes wrote: »
    Ok so what seems a better bet now since he starts? I already have Bradshaw over 72.5 rushing yards, under 44 and draw/draw (66/1...... just one of those crazy bets). So what seems good now since he starts and how does that affect my above bets? Cheers
    Means New York have their best down field weapon on the field, which could mean more scores and a little less running then we had anticipated. Even if he's not 100%, the fact he's on the field should mean more space for the likes of Manningham.

I'm still confident about mine (and your) bets though. I expect Bradshaw to put up big yards and that overs line is still a big total to reach for this game.

============

Bets for tonight:

Under 44/NY ML @ 2.50
    Ahmad Bradshaw over 72.5 yards @ 1.86
    Small stakes on Bradshaw first TD scorer and Lance Kendricks anytime scorer.

• Advertisement

This is just the kind of game to have bugger loads of 3 and outs and still go over the total, wait and you see!

I thought Bradshaw would cover the yardage quickly, but the well has dried up. He's half way there though. Giants need to keep pounding it, they've been brutal in the air bar the TD drive.

Bradshaw should get over the 7o odd yard mark. He's on 46 now and if New York keep a tight lead going into the 4th they'll be just running the ball. You'd just wanna hope they don't start using Jacobs more. Also the way this game is going and how ineffective both teams are on 3rd down. I'd be very surprised if this game gets 24 points in the second. 2 of the TD's came from errors as it is. The pass interference and the backward pass.

Ha and having said that the Giants grab a TD before the half. Some juggling for that catch.

The overs looks more than achievable now, can't see another 3rd and down back and forth like in the first half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I really like San Diego State @ Michigan to go well over the 60 over/unders this weekend. Only problem is I refuse to use Paddy Power who have it as an active market, whereas Bet365 still have it OTB :mad:

Bet365 are a bit slow this week at updating their lines and spreads. That SD at Michigan line was out Monday morning.

Up now boyos :)

On a scale of 1 to TCU -1, how hot are you on that Archi? I know absolutely nothing about San Diego State, just that Michigan can put up big scores :o

SDSU have a great RB in Hillmann and a good QB in Lindley. Hillman already has 8 TD's in 3 games and Notre Dame carved through that Michigan D despite losing in a very weird ending to the game. So i expect SDSU to have a lot of success on the ground against them. Michigan haven't been up against a RB like Hillmann yet so the 167 yards they average giving up should increase come Saturday. Most of SDSU's passing comes through TE's as they don't really have any established WR's after losing them last year. Their D isn't as strong as last year but it's still ok enough. Kinda leaky though on the ground. I think Robinson can exploit it but i don't trust him passing. He's still not broke the 50% pass completion barrier. I think the 10.5 points that SDSU are getting is a bit of an overreaction to both the Aztecs close game with Army and also the way Michigan came back against Notre Dame. I expect this game a lot closer than 10 points. Something like 31-28 in favor of either team is kinda how i see this playing out. It will either well exceed the 60.5 O/U or it will come very close. Michigan have San Diego's ex coach so will be interesting if any of the plays are recognized and audibled.

I know home advantage is a big thing for these Thursday night games but I'm thinking NC State +7.0 tonight against Cincinnati. It seems Cincy are most comfortable at home but in their two wins played two very poor sides. NC will be their toughest game yet, who have a decent defence and have been fantastic in the air this year, but the running game isn't all that. A 7 points lead could be great value here...

• Advertisement

NC State have been terrible. Their stats might suggest otherwise. Both defenses are quite bad actually. I'm leaning the over. I think Cincy could put up 40 tonight. One for me to look at in play. Hope the first drive is fruitless.

Advertisement