Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

US Sports Thread (NBA, NCAA, MBL, NHL, NFL, etc.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos tank their year halfway through to try get Andrew Luck next season. They'll be in stiff competition with the Chiefs and Seahawks i reckon. Once it gets to a point where play offs are impossible i'll be opposing the bottom teams on any handicap.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Yankee's let me down on a Triple last night! Had them,Red Sox and Rangers all -1.5, €10 would returned €96....Yankee's only won by one! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Treble of Boise, Wisconsin and Texas Tech to beat the spread @6.95

And a single on Boise to beat the -20.5 spread tonight @1.90

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Thinking of Packers -10 and Jets is worth going with this evening, yay or nay?

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

I went to bed thinking Boise had fecked this up, thankfully they drove on and beat the spread fairly comfortably in the end.
    Thinking of Packers -10 and Jets is worth going with this evening, yay or nay?

I like the Packers spread, Jets could be dodgy though. Don't expect the Jags to do much on offense so it could be a low scoring affair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Is anyone able to tell me why neither Paddy Power or Boylesports will give odds on Michigan State vs. Notre Dame later? I've no plan on trying to call the game anyway but just curious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Is anyone able to tell me why neither Paddy Power or Boylesports will give odds on Michigan State vs. Notre Dame later? I've no plan on trying to call the game anyway but just curious

Probably because it kicked off at half 8! You'll have to check the in-play menu.

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Probably because it kicked off at half 8! You'll have to check the in-play menu.

Aw ffs you're not serious, I was going by Eurosport 2 having having it down at 10 and wasn't arsed checking anywhere else, such a game to miss :mad:

Aw ffs you're not serious, I was going by Eurosport 2 having having it down at 10 and wasn't arsed checking anywhere else, such a game to miss :mad:
    I noticed that, what's that all about?

Doesn't look like a classic anyways.

Sickener man, which side were you gonna go for anyway out of interest? I can only assume Eurosport might have it down at that time as delayed coverage maybe? Don't have that channel myself.

• Advertisement

It's up now, currently showing the 3rd quarter?

I noticed that, what's that all about?

Doesn't look like a classic anyways.

I have no idea, don't follow ncaa football loads but I have a flick through to see if there's any games I fancy and if nothing else there's always a rivalry there and notre dame need to kick start their season. Do eurosport even have the notre games this season again?

Sickener man, which side were you gonna go for anyway out of interest? I can only assume Eurosport might have it down at that time as delayed coverage maybe? Don't have that channel myself.

Aw naw like I said I had no plans on trying to call it one way or the other, was just looking at the odds for some of the early morning games and out of curiousity wanted to know what spread the bookies were going with. Michigain are coming off a big win but at the same time Notre Dame aren't going to go that long without a win so wasn't going to touch it.

EDIT: Thanks Eire Dearg might stick to MOTD though now, ND looking good for the win

Treble is looking good, Wisconsin ahead by 42 and Texas Tech ahead by 31. Still a half to go in that one but I can't see New Mexico making up 11 points on them.

Treble is looking good, Wisconsin ahead by 42 and Texas Tech ahead by 31. Still a half to go in that one but I can't see New Mexico making up 11 points on them.

Bloody thunder and lightning has delayed the game twice now! The bet is in zero doubt mind you, there's absolutely no chance in a million years New Mexico outscore Tech in the second half. Lovely profitable weekend, congrats :D

Bloody thunder and lightning has delayed the game twice now! The bet is in zero doubt mind you, there's absolutely no chance in a million years New Mexico outscore Tech in the second half. Lovely profitable weekend, congrats :D
    Indeed, I was shocked that they even managed a TD. About 50% of their season total :P Still a half to go in that one, I'll be waiting a little while for any winnings!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

GB Packers -9.5
    DET Lion -2.5

€20 @ just under 6/4

Be interesting to see how Detroit fare if Megatron is out. I'd expect them to win outright anyway but I'm less confident about them beating the spread.

Spreads I like this weekend are Bills (-4), Saints (-6.5), Packers (-10), Texans (-3), Steelers (-14) and Chargers (+6) - not necessarily in that order.

Rams +6.5 and Tampa Bay +2.5 intrigue me as well. Rams are poor against the run and are without Steven Jackson but for some reason I fancy that spread.

Texas Tech finally won :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53,833 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Tom is making me good money

Man love for Tom :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Followed a few people on here with Oklahoma(-3) tonight and followed in Tom on Oklahoma/Stanford to beat the spread.

I've given up picking my own bets in soccer for a while, so might as well get into the AF betting a bit.

Can't wait for the NBA to come back, if it does, that is.

I have the Stanford/Oklahoma double pending from the other night. Could be quite the profitable weekend!

Handegg > football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

baz2009 wrote: »
    Followed a few people on here with Oklahoma(-3) tonight and followed in Tom on Oklahoma/Stanford to beat the spread.

Sweet, that's the single in. Now, c'mon Stanford!

Sa-weet! On my best hot streak at the moment, that's 11 college football tips in a row, 12 if Oklahoma State cover too which is looking likely :D

15 points bet on college ball this weekend, 45 back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

My picks today:

6pm
    Bucs +3 @ Vikings
    Redskins -4 vs. Cardinals
    Lions -8.5 vs. Chiefs

9pm
    Cowboys -3 @ 49ers
    Chargers +7 @ Pats

Upset special: Bengals ML @ Broncos (7/4)

I have the Stanford/Oklahoma double pending from the other night. Could be quite the profitable weekend!

Handegg > football.
    Get in there.

Now to pick some winners in the NFL tonight! Great week so far.

Edit: One double, a treble and a single in the early games:

- Green Bay (-10) and Baltimore (-5.5) @ 3.56
    - Steelers (-14) @ 1.90
    - Smaller stake on Tampa Bay (ML), New Orleans (-6.5), Washigton (-3.5) @ 7.82

Have also done Bills/Lions for interest, padded with Green Bay which - unless Cam Newton and the Panthers play like men possessed - should be a given.

Have also done Bills/Lions for interest, padded with Green Bay which - unless Cam Newton and the Panthers play like men possessed - should be a given.
    Bills are horrendous. What was I thinking! Seems I put too much faith in Tampa Bay as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

San Diego is letting us down :mad:

• Advertisement

stingerro wrote: »
    San Diego is letting us down :mad:
    I avoided that one, thought it'd be a lot closer so I said no!

Washington were 2 points away from that treble coming off :( Luckily my single on the Steelers kind of saved the day - after that Ravens stinker and GB not beating the spread.

I have another treble ongoing, Houston and Cincinnati have both come in - just waiting on Dallas now which has gone into overtime. Have them -1.5.... :eek:

Advertisement