Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Sports Thread (NBA, NCAA, MBL, NHL, NFL, etc.)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 onekillmagill

going for steelers -14 tonight. two teams in very opposite directions pittsburgh going for the division title and browns have little to play for. steelers have won the last 4 meetings of these two teams by an average of 20.7 points so should see the 14 point handicap fairly comfortably

unbelievable. steelers offense was shocking, 2 fumbles in the red zone and a turnover on downs from the 1 yard line!!! still won by 11 points but could and definitely should of been alot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Didn't even deserve to win by 11!

yeah slip by a defender let them in for the 2nd TD with about 2 mins left. defensively they were great and had roethlisberger not got injured i think theyd of dominated that game. with him standing in the pocket and barely able to move they were fairly hopeless and their 2nd string quarterback doesnt look up to much

Ah man he was in for two drives I think it was...pinned back for one which he got sacked on! Second string for them is a toss up between Hatch and Leftwich...but don't think it'll matter...I'm sure been will just be resting up till Sunday week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Leftwich has been out for the season since September. Charlie Batch or Dennis Dixon would fill in

Steelers were awful for long periods of the game and should've been 7-0 down too. Browns easily earned their cover

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

who are people going with tonight...was thinking of the seahawks to cover the spread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I'm on under 38.5 points

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Going with Pats and New Orleans both -6.5 for the weekend.

Will decide some more tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

Giants throwing this game against Redskins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,853 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Baltimore Ravens At San Diego Chargers

over 44 or under ?

100,000/1 that SD woulda had 7 sacks and Baltimore none...knew I shoulda took that bet :pac:

Gone for a small bet St Francisco -3 tonight vs The Steelers.

Steelers to win at 2.45 (moneyline) on Bet365 is too good to turn down tonight.

Good call!
    Steelers to win at 2.45 (moneyline) on Bet365 is too good to turn down tonight.

Shoulda turned it down!

Nice call. A lot of pundits were saying the 49ers wouldn't cover the spread.

Don't know that I've ever seen a qb have as long to throw the ball when Roethlisburger threw that second interception.

Cheers bud.

Felt it was going to be an easy win for San Fran especially because of the Ankle injury Ben has.

Felt more confident when I seen him at pre-match warmup. The guy was looking crushed.

Was a nice win anyway, looking forward to some bets this weekend.

Bet of the week IMO is Eagles to Beat Cowboys @ 21/20.

Serious value there.

If it doesnt happen then it will be seriously unlucky for them. I really believe they should be able to beat Romo and The Cowboys.

Dont lump on it, but I have a medium stake on it.

Serious value there.

If it doesnt happen then it will be seriously unlucky for them. I really believe they should be able to beat Romo and The Cowboys.

Will you be waiting to see the outcome of the Giants/Jets game before betting?

Will you be waiting to see the outcome of the Giants/Jets game before betting?

Possibly.

Im pretty confident on the eagles though to do it regardless.

Vick played great the other night, as did Romo but Philly have an edge. It will be a huge shock to Romos system to see who hes up against.

The handicap market doesnt tempt me as the line is 1.5 but I will be definitely be taking the 21/20.

Philly to win.

• Advertisement

Possibly.

Im pretty confident on the eagles though to do it regardless.

Vick played great the other night, as did Romo but Philly have an edge. It will be a huge shock to Romos system to see who hes up against.

The handicap market doesnt tempt me as the line is 1.5 but I will be definitely be taking the 21/20.

Philly to win.
    I think you're right about Vick. Reckon once my bets tonight (hopefully!) come in and I have some money I'll follow you :)

I think you're right about Vick. Reckon once my bets tonight (hopefully!) come in and I have some money I'll follow you :)

Good luck :) Im waiting on some nice bets to come in tonight too.

If the Giants win, the NFL will obviously be vouching for a Giants v Cowboys match but tbh I really can see the Eagles doing it.

Once the defense play a tight game around Romo and Vick is on form. It should be a lock.

Been looking through some stats all night and I reckon The Falcons are worth a punt at +6.5 also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Anybody got any tips on the rest of tonights games?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭BQQ

Good luck :) Im waiting on some nice bets to come in tonight too.

If the Giants win, the NFL will obviously be vouching for a Giants v Cowboys match but tbh I really can see the Eagles doing it.

Once the defense play a tight game around Romo and Vick is on form. It should be a lock.

Nice one photo-sniper. I took your recommendation.
    Never in doubt :)

Serious value there.

Boom :D

Hope yee got on.

Merry Christmas lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Yo, anyone have any tips tonight in the basketball? I have taking Miami -24.5 in play and have the clippers tonight -5.5 not sure if it's a good bet.

Boom :D

Hope yee got on.

Merry Christmas lads.
    By a mile. Was gonna take them on the spread but would never have gone for the money without your tip, thanks! :D

CriticEyes wrote: »
    Yo, anyone have any tips tonight in the basketball? I have taking Miami -24.5 in play and have the clippers tonight -5.5 not sure if it's a good bet.
    You took Miami -24.5?....madness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

They were on top, Dallas were muck. They led by around 33/4 points at one stage. Ah well.

Advertisement