Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average face of women across the world countries

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I'd imagine in the images, English, French etc are being used in the sense of an ethnicity rather than a nationality, hence why they're entirely white.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭GisforGrenade

The South African girl should have been called Afrikaans or white African, according to the CIA factbook South Africa is 79% black African. The Russian girl takes first prize in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

I don't know enough about how these images were created, but I agree with the points about the attraction of the average, and that they are trying to convey ethnicity rather than nationality. This seems to say that particular ethnicities are more likely to have certain face shapes...I'm sceptical. I haven't noticed any trends re: face shapes with regards to ethnicity or nationality. E.g. From what I've seen, Irish women don't seem any more likely to have square shaped faces rather than heart-shaped. Weirdly, I look like a mix between the South African and the Latvian/Lithuanian.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭seenitall

Weirdly, I look like a mix between the South African and the Latvian/Lithuanian.

I look like none of these lovelies (except if I squint really hard and make myself believe, maaaaybe the Israeli or the Romanian one a teeny tiny bit :pac:) While if given the choice, I'd choose to look like the Peruvian one - think I'd be beating them off with a stick in this part of the world! :D Anyway, my nationality is not represented here...

We should have an analogous thread on the tLL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

@ seenitall, gosh I didn't mean to imply that I'm in the same league as these lovely girls (Father Ted moment there)!! The Peruvian, Polish, Mexican, Uzbek, Puerto Rican and Filipino are all beautiful. Think I'd kill for those looks! (I'd wear their bodies like a fur coat;)). It would be a good thread for TLL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭seenitall

@ seenitall, gosh I didn't mean to imply that I'm in the same league as these lovely girls (Father Ted moment there)!

Why not, Lee? If it happens to be true? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Ok so I got the exact % of ethnic groups in UK incorrect...She should be 20% of different ethnic background.
    And you got it wrong again, despite being given two separate links clearly showing you were way, way out. The figure is 8%. Not to mention the significant percentage of those that are "brown-skinned", much lighter than black
    however my point is, the "English" girl if she was average should have these different races added to her and clearly doesnt.
    You're clearly talking nonsense

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Sky King wrote: »
    The irish one is a dog, surprise surprise!

Obviously you have never been to SoCoDu!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Victor wrote: »
    "Average" is not necessarily accurate or meaningful. If Tom earns €20,000/year, Dick earns earns €20,000/year and Harry earns €20,000,000/year, then average income is €6,800,000 - which present things far rosier than they are for the majority.
    Where does Harry live and what time he leaves/comes home from work? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

After seeing a few they all just start to look the same. Even the different races have large eyes, symmetrical face, full lips, arched eyebrows. Thin. Perfect. Generic. Unrealistic. Boring. Average?? Right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

There should be a Gentleman's Club face averaging. You could see what the prettiest forum was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

After seeing a few they all just start to look the same. Even the different races have large eyes, symmetrical face, full lips, arched eyebrows. Thin. Perfect. Generic. Unrealistic. Boring. Average?? Right.

They are "average" as they are averaged out photoshopped pictures. As discussed.

You are right though, people who are most indistinctly goodlooking are not all that recognisable. Apparently hollywood actresses ( and actors) break some of the averaging rules - bigger eyes, or lips, or higher cheekbones, or more defined chins or longer faces. Male actors have bigger noses than average.

American newscasters do conform to the rules, but they can on every billboard and broadcast into every house every night, and yet walk unmolested into a bar.

Advertisement