Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

simit wrote: »
    Might be difficult gettin Hendrix!:)

Probably easier than getting Morrisey back on the same stage as Joyce and Rourke though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 D_R_G_7

Missed the festival last year due to a stag party,
    (Was at oxegen though and was shocked as too how many knackers were there)

Hopefully EP stays away from booking the more commercial acts ...

Would love to see

Daft Punk (Won't get my hopes up though)
    Paul Kalkbrenner
    Amon Tobin
    Magda
    Any of the Ed Banger Records crew.
    Seth Troxler
    Ricardo Villalobos
    Joris Voorn
    Kormac
    Original Rude Boys

also if Deadmau5 is booked, the festival is doomed. (IMO)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,406 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

would be good to see Eluvium there.

Also I could see The Field going down a stormer in the Little Big Tent, I know he's played there before but I missed it but after seeing him recently on the Looping State of Mind tour he (and the the other musicians with him) were fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 D_R_G_7

Would also love to see Beardyman at the festival.

Or Booka Shade.

Yes i am aware that i'm only asking for Electronic (Dance) acts. But that's just me.

I did love going to see random bands at different festivals last year. So i'd take a few hours to do that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Really hope for M83, The Field, Apparat, Modeslektor, Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, SBTRKT, Gold Panda and Little Dragon this year........but with the prospect of "Oxegen Brigade" looking for their fix may look at Bestival as an alternative.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 me_at

What's the likelihood of Interpol playing this year again? Or Arcade Fire? Are Bloc Party rumoured? And The Cure?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

me_at wrote: »
    What's the likelihood of Interpol playing this year again? Or Arcade Fire? Are Bloc Party rumoured? And The Cure?
    The Cure are playing EP, probably one of the headliners.
    Bloc Party are back in the studio together, so could be doing festivals by September.
    Interpol don't seem to be doing anything, so probably taking a break after touring last year.
    Arcade Fire headlined last year so almost certainly won't be playing this year.

The Cure are playing EP, probably one of the headliners.
    Thank you :)
    Are The Cure definitely confirmed? And is there anyone else announced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Emeli Sande anyone? That girl is class!

Thank you :)
    Are The Cure definitely confirmed? And is there anyone else announced?
    not officially, but it's looking pretty certain.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2012/01/24/the-cure-for-electric-picnic/
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76566922&postcount=148

no-one officially announced yet as far as i know. i think it's usually around March when they release the first lot of names.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

not officially, but it's looking pretty certain.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2012/01/24/the-cure-for-electric-picnic/
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76566922&postcount=148

no-one officially announced yet as far as i know. i think it's usually around March when they release the first lot of names.

Rumours of Bon Iver too from that Jim Caroll link....
    Aw man that'd be sweet. I'm already excited!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Please God let the Happy Mondays play!

Neither M83 nor Feist put any Irish dates in their current European tours, which makes me hopeful they might show up at Stradbally. :)
    she's back in europe playing festivals in August too, so there's a good chance now that she could be at EP
    http://pitchfork.com/news/45280-feist-announces-world-tour/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

she's back in europe playing festivals in August too, so there's a good chance now that she could be at EP
    http://pitchfork.com/news/45280-feist-announces-world-tour/

Oh I really hope so. Metals was probably my favourite album of 2011. Would love to see her live.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I reckon the new Hooky-less New Order are nailed on to headline one of the nights.

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Orbial with a new album out in April and Uk tour....I'd say they will be certs for Electric picnic
    playing Bestival the week after EP, so a good possibility. there aren't too many other big name dance acts that would be available for tghe usual Saturday night main stage slot...

http://www.facebook.com/OrbitalOfficial/posts/301426876571960
    We are going to be playing at some UK summer festivals...

The Beat-Herder Festival - 30th June - www.beatherder.co.uk
    Bloc - 7th July - www.blocfestival.com
    Secret Garden Party - 21st July - www.secretgardenparty.com
    Bestival - 9th September - www.bestival.net

2ndcoming wrote: »
    I reckon the new Hooky-less New Order are nailed on to headline one of the nights.

Seen Bad Lieutenant there in 2010 who are basically the Hook-less NO and they were great, so as much as I love Hooky that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

EP posted new video on Twitter yesterday. So they do like her.
    http://twitter.com/#!/electricpicnic/status/164357436013166592

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Jeden

Any idea when EP will be making official announcements folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Usually around middle of March/ April. While to go yet.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 328 ✭✭thefly

D_R_G_7 wrote: »
    Missed the festival last year due to a stag party,
    (Was at oxegen though and was shocked as too how many knackers were there)

Hopefully EP stays away from booking the more commercial acts ...

Would love to see

Daft Punk (Won't get my hopes up though)
    Paul Kalkbrenner
    Amon Tobin
    Magda
    Any of the Ed Banger Records crew.
    Seth Troxler
    Ricardo Villalobos
    Joris Voorn
    Kormac
    Original Rude Boys

also if Deadmau5 is booked, the festival is doomed. (IMO)

Tell me that is a piss take

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pixxxie

Radiohead! (Touring this year...would love if they made an appearance at EP)
    Chemical Brothers
    The Prodigy
    Orbital
    Modest Mouse
    LCD SOUNDSYSTEM
    Fight Like Apes

Bon Iver pretty please :)
    Anyone know the likelihood of The Knife to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

pixxxie wrote: »
    Chemical Brothers
    The Prodigy
    Orbital
    Modest Mouse
    LCD SOUNDSYSTEM
    Fight Like Apes

I thought LCD Soundsystem had disbanded!!! ???

If this is some sort of fantasy list I want Rory Gallagher & Jimi Hendrix to play on the same set...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Bon Iver pretty please :)
    Anyone know the likelihood of The Knife to play?

The Knife would be amazing at the Picnic, would also like to see Aphex Twin and how about Air, they have a new album coming out, their music would be a perfect late evening setting on the main stage.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Raditub

I agree the knife...would deffo be awesome! Fingers crossed!!!! ;)

pixxxie wrote: »
    Chemical Brothers
    The Prodigy
    Orbital
    Modest Mouse
    LCD SOUNDSYSTEM
    Fight Like Apes

The fantastic LCD are over :(, their last irish gig at Tripod was amazing. A new documentary about them called Shut Up And Play The Hits played at Sundance this year, hopefully it will get a cinema release over here:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Bestival's website, (here), has revealed that The xx, and Sigur Ros will both be UK festival exclusives and lead a host of new bands and DJs confirmed for this September's 'Wildlife' themed Bestival with none of the main stage headliners revealed, it will be at least a week until the first of those for Saturday night is revealed.

The website also reveals the latest acts announced for the Isle Of Wight bash are Justice, Two Door Cinema Club, Hot Chip, Soulwax, Nero, Emeli Sande, De La Soul, Major Lazer, The Horrors, Spiritualized, Kevin Saunderson feat Inner City Live, Gary Numan, Michael Kiwanuka, Azealia Banks, Sub Focus, Gallows, Earth, Wind & Fire Experience feat Al McKay, Rizzle Kicks, The Cuban Brothers, Buraka Som Sistema, Bellowhead, Little Dragon, and Gold Panda.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭sporina

Bestival's website, (here), has revealed that The xx, and Sigur Ros will both be UK festival exclusives and lead a host of new bands and DJs confirmed for this September's 'Wildlife' themed Bestival with none of the main stage headliners revealed, it will be at least a week until the first of those for Saturday night is revealed.

The website also reveals the latest acts announced for the Isle Of Wight bash are Justice, Two Door Cinema Club, Hot Chip, Soulwax, Nero, Emeli Sande, De La Soul, Major Lazer, The Horrors, Spiritualized, Kevin Saunderson feat Inner City Live, Gary Numan, Michael Kiwanuka, Azealia Banks, Sub Focus, Gallows, Earth, Wind & Fire Experience feat Al McKay, Rizzle Kicks, The Cuban Brothers, Buraka Som Sistema, Bellowhead, Little Dragon, and Gold Panda.

check this out - maybe i should just go to Bestival.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

New Order are confirmed as the first headlining act at this September's 'Wildlife' themed Bestival.

Mancunians New Order formed from the ashes of Joy Division following the death of singer Ian Curtis in 1980, The band went on hiatus between 1993 and 1998, and broke up in 2007. Frontman Bernard Sumner and drummer Stephen Morris have been playing in new outfit Bad Lieutenant with guitarist Phil Cunningham and bassist Tom Chapman, and now return with a new line-up featuring fourth original member (and Morris's wife) keyboardist Gillian Gilbert, but without bassist Peter Hook.

New Order will be bringing 'Blue Monday' to Saturday night and will be joined over the weekend by new live acts including Friendly Fires, Death In Vegas, Django Django, Daughter, Drums Of Death, and Zulu Winter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement