Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The Cure have added more festival dates to their summer tour including Roskilde Festival in Denmark.

Robert Smith and his black entourage will also play Pinkpop Festival in the Netherlands which is held from Saturday 26th until Monday 28th May which has already confirmed Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, and Soundgarden. Tickets for PinkPop go on sale on Saturday 3rd March.

They are also the first act to be confirmed for Eurockeennes which happens on the weekend of Friday 29th June until Sunday 1st July on the peninsula of Malsaucy near Belfort in France. Early bird tickets with camping are priced at 99 euros (approx £83) for the weekend. A full priced ticket will be priced at 95 euros. Junior and student tickets are priced at 69 euros, with day tickets for Friday, Saturday or Sunday priced at 44 euros. To buy tickets, click here.

The band have also confirmed two shows in Italy at Heineken Jammin' on Saturday 7th July , and Rock In Roma two days later on Monday 9th July. Tickets for the former go on sale this Saturday, and this afternoon for the latter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Happy Mondays anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

I have a good strong feeling the lineup will consist of Florence + The Machine, Bjork, Radiohead and The Cure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Toast

So basically the same lineup as every other summer festival?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

I have a good strong feeling the lineup will consist of Florence + The Machine, Bjork, Radiohead and The Cure.

Thats all I want, give me them and I'll be a very happy boy. Malahide castle seems like forever ago, come back I say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

was there any mention of Dr Dre/Snoop Dogg at all in this thread yet?

just interested to know as they're headlining one of the stages (together) at Coachella

that would be pretty darn cool, personally speaking.

They're on my wish list.
    Seems likely enough if they want to do Europe, since Snoop can't get into the UK (or Australia, or the Hague!)

They'd be great for EP. Would be happy to see the Cure, too. Nostalgia!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭beartooth

Snoop played Glasto in 2010 what has he done since that he cant get in?

beartooth wrote: »
    Snoop played Glasto in 2010 what has he done since that he cant get in?

Sorry. You are right -- the UK let him back in in 2010:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8551188.stm

And I think Australia's let him back in too.

According to Wikipedia (welcome back) he is due in court tomorrow on the latest possession charge, at the US/Mexico border.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pauliewallie

A festival in the Netherlands was confirmed there by The Cure, which doesn't show on that alleged map, but the important thing is that it is somewhat legible that an Irish date/EP appearance is on the cards. Have been waiting to see them again since Oxegen 2004.

unfortunately in 2004 The Cure didnt treat us to the hits. I dont want to see the Cure unless they come armed with their best tunes. Now that would be a gig worth getting excited about - cant think of a band with a better collection of quality songs in their canon, feel good tunes perfect for a festival!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

unfortunately in 2004 The Cure didnt treat us to the hits. I dont want to see the Cure unless they come armed with their best tunes. Now that would be a gig worth getting excited about - cant think of a band with a better collection of quality songs in their canon, feel good tunes perfect for a festival!

I watched about 5 songs of the Cure in 2004, before getting fed up and going to see the Killers in the new band tent - which surprisingly turned out to be awesome! From what I heard the rest of the Cure's setlist wasn't great. Would like to seem them at EP banging out the favourites :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Which hits were you looking for? They mostly played singles and the latest album at the time (self-titled) at that gig. A setlist like the one at Bestival last year would be amaze.

1. “Plainsong”
    2. “Open”
    3. “Fascination Street”
    4. “A Night Like This”
    5. “The End of the World”
    6. “Lovesong”
    7. “Just Like Heaven”
    8. “The Only One”
    9. “The Walk”
    10. “Push”
    11. “Friday I’m in Love”
    12. “Inbetween Days”
    13. “Play for Today”
    14. “A Forest”
    15. “Primary”
    16. “Shake Dog Shake”
    17. “The Hungry Ghost”
    18. “One Hundred Years”
    19. “End”
    20. “Disintegration”

21. “Lullaby”
    22. “The Lovecats”
    23. “The Caterpillar”
    24. “Close to Me”
    25. “Hot Hot Hot!!!”
    26. “Let’s Go to Bed”
    27. “Why Can’t I Be You?”

28. “Boys Don’t Cry”
    29. “Jumping Someone Else’s Train”
    30. “Grinding Halt”
    31. “10:15 Saturday Night”
    32. “Killing An Arab”

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pauliewallie

Which hits were you looking for? They mostly played singles and the latest album at the time (self-titled) at that gig. A setlist like the one at Bestival last year would be amaze.

1. “Plainsong”
    2. “Open”
    3. “Fascination Street”
    4. “A Night Like This”
    5. “The End of the World”
    6. “Lovesong”
    7. “Just Like Heaven
    8. “The Only One”
    9. “The Walk”
    10. “Push”
    11. “Friday I’m in Love”
    12. “Inbetween Days”
    13. “Play for Today”
    14. “A Forest”
    15. “Primary”
    16. “Shake Dog Shake”
    17. “The Hungry Ghost”
    18. “One Hundred Years”
    19. “End”
    20. “Disintegration”

21. “Lullaby”
    22. “The Lovecats”
    23. “The Caterpillar”
    24. “Close to Me”
    25. “Hot Hot Hot!!!”
    26. “Let’s Go to Bed”
    27. “Why Can’t I Be You?”

28. “Boys Don’t Cry”
    29. “Jumping Someone Else’s Train”
    30. “Grinding Halt”
    31. “10:15 Saturday Night”
    32. “Killing An Arab”

Cant say I'm much more than a singles man when it comes to The Cure. I wouldnt know all of their songs by name either - so could be missing a few from above. But I didnt hear any of the songs highlighted above at Oxegen in 2004, having said that I left after about 40 minutes cause I didnt recognise anything and got bored. If they played that setlist in 2004 - my bad and my mistake for leaving!
    If they play that setlist in 2012 anywhere in Ireland that would be fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Ah man, that would be the dream line up for me, especially the 'head and Cure. Throw in M83 and Lykke Li and I'd be in heaven!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Cant say I'm much more than a singles man when it comes to The Cure. I wouldnt know all of their songs by name either - so could be missing a few from above. But I didnt hear any of the songs highlighted above at Oxegen in 2004, having said that I left after about 40 minutes cause I didnt recognise anything and got bored. If they played that setlist in 2004 - my bad and my mistake for leaving!

They played about half the songs you highlighted. It was still relatively short compared to the sets they usually play. If they do end up playing at EP I hope we get a 30+ song set.

Oxegen 2004 setlist:

1. “Plainsong“
    2. “Labyrinth“
    3. “Fascination Street“
    4. “From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea“
    5. “A Strange Day“
    6. “The End of the World“
    7. “Lovesong“
    8. “Inbetween Days“
    9. “Just Like Heaven“
    10. “Pictures of You“
    11. “Lullaby“
    12. “Before Three“
    13. “M“
    14. “alt.end“
    15. “One Hundred Years“
    16. “Never“
    17. “The Promise“

18. “Play for Today“
    19. “A Forest“
    20. “Boys Don't Cry“

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

If you didn't hear them songs dude i think you might have wandered off somewhere the cure weren't playing.

One of my best oxegen memories is dancing to boys don't cry on the way back to the camp site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭sporina

What makes you say this? have you read it somewhere? on her website she has tour dates right up to July - nothings after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Probably not Radiohead, all indications so far are that UK/Ireland will be an arena tour in October/November.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

Would love if The National played

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Ah man, that would be the dream line up for me, especially the 'head and Cure. Throw in M83 and Lykke Li and I'd be in heaven!

Neither M83 nor Feist put any Irish dates in their current European tours, which makes me hopeful they might show up at Stradbally. :)

As much as I like Lykke Li I doubt they'd book her two years in a row.

was there any mention of Dr Dre/Snoop Dogg at all in this thread yet?

just interested to know as they're headlining one of the stages (together) at Coachella

that would be pretty darn cool, personally speaking.

Snoop invites Ming Flanagan onto the stage where they do a cover of Peter Tosh's "Legalize It"

• Advertisement

Neither M83 nor Feist put any Irish dates in their current European tours, which makes me hopeful they might show up at Stradbally. :)

As much as I like I doubt they'd book her two years in a row.

I didn't get to see Lykke Li last year but your right of course very unlikely, Feist would be an acceptable replacement though. M83's last gig mentioned on their site is August 8 in NY so its possible, a bit surprised that they didn't drop over here after/before UK, they definitely could sell out Olympia.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

the same :)

As much as I like Lykke Li I doubt they'd book her two years in a row.

i seen lykke li in the sugar club about 3 years back ,she hasnt been back since except for EP

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

A V A wrote: »
    i seen lykke li in the sugar club about 3 years back ,she hasnt been back since except for EP

Eh she was in Tripod last April.

anyway, I think this lot would suit EP perfectly, most likely somewhere in the body & soul arena late.

http://vimeo.com/6065952

And for those earlier talking about the Cure. I recall seeing them in 2004, I too got very bored, there was a long stretch of stuff from the album that had been released only a week or two earlier and it lost a bit of the crowd. They overlapped with the chemical brothers, the only time I've seen them stop letting people into the arena as it was full and Orbital who were giving their 'final' performance so it probably added to some of the crowd's apathy. There were a heap load of people there that year (it was a sell out) that had bought their tickets pretty much just to see Bowie and as such didn't really care all that much.

I had expected the cure to do it last year as they were at Bestival. I'm holding out for Radiohead, TV on the Radio, Sufjan Stevens, Deathcab..., Wilco, Plastikman, Graham Coxon among others. Can't think of what big electronic/dance act that hasn't played in the past few years that they can get other than Daft Punk, but I honestly don't expect them. The Orb would be nice!

Weepsie wrote: »
    Eh she was in Tripod last April.

yeah that aswell :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I did think she was here some other time in the interim but realised I had seen her in Germany i think

• Registered Users Posts: 23 smirkydee

They're no.1 on my wish list. They've just done one song and video a month for the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

smirkydee wrote: »
    They're no.1 on my wish list. They've just done one song and video a month for the last year.
    They're playing in Waterford next month if you don't want to wait for the possibility of an announcement...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭simit

The Smiths, the Stone Roses, Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix.

Might be difficult gettin Hendrix!:)

• Advertisement

simit wrote: »
    Might be difficult gettin Hendrix!:)

Probably easier than getting Morrisey back on the same stage as Joyce and Rourke though. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement