Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here when you buy a new game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Love Letter is good. Very clever for what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Was that munchkin card game we played before?

If you mean our one, that was Munchkin Axe Cop.
    There are quite a few different versions of Munchkin!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

It was my birthday yesterday and got a bit of a haul :)

Can't really say I bought them, but I did go to Gamers World and paid for them (then got the money back off the family.)

Parents got me Level 7: Omega Protocol and Pandemic: In the Lab.

My brother & nephews got me King of Tokyo and the expansions. I'm going to use that to get them into gaming when they're older and he'll be paying for it :) (he's not into games)

For Christmas I'm dropping hints to him about Takenoko and Flashpoint: Fire Rescue :)

Muahahahahahaha :)

So got Dungeon Roll. It's quick, it's smart, some would say charming. It's kind of like Munchkin in a box but with dice instead of cards. Nice filler game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I suspect buying android:netrunner may have been a horrible mistake.

I ordered three of the expansions yesterday :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 PatrickBrophy

I just Kickstarted a game called BrewCrafters for $75, gonna get here in July. Kind of looks like Agricola except for a brewery to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rougebladez

Where is the cheapest I can get king of tokyo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

pic1528721_md.jpg

This is the latest game I picked up.Hope to play it the weekend.:)

Damn you Rahdo :(

Where is the cheapest I can get king of tokyo?

It's €36 in Gamers World. The cheapest I've seen it for is about €28 on amazon.co.uk (£22.52). However, you'll have to get something else to avail of super saver delivery or else pay the postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Picked up Saboteur last night. 3-10 players: just what my group needs!

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Decided to get The Resistance: Avalon. Never played the original Resistance but all reviews say the're both great games :)

pic1398895_t.jpg

Also picked up the King of Tokyo expansion as the base game is great fun and it was cheap enough

pic1449032_t.jpg

I was thinking of buying either Battlestar Galactica or Shadows over Camelot aswell. Still not sure which would be the better buy though. Anyone played both games?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Picked up Saboteur last night. 3-10 players: just what my group needs!
    got it after ebing so confused at the meetup eh! haha
    osh wrote: »
    Decided to get The Resistance: Avalon. Never played the original Resistance but all reviews say the're both great games :)

pic1398895_t.jpg

Also picked up the King of Tokyo expansion as the base game is great fun and it was cheap enough

pic1449032_t.jpg

I was thinking of buying either Battlestar Galactica or Shadows over Camelot aswell. Still not sure which would be the better buy though. Anyone played both games?
    Powerup is good in that it actually matters which monster you pick now, and that hearts are more useful, it's fun.

Reading about resistance avalon before it looks really good, better than the original imo, although I haven't played with plot cards enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

ordered steve jacksons illiminati(sp???) from amazon.Should have it mid week.Looking forward to taking over the world :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Eh I caved in and bought Dixit. Looks great, some fantastic artwork on the cards. Roll on Saturday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Battlestar is far better, needs 5 players though. Can be played with 4 in a pinch but definitely not as good.

Shadows over Camelot didn't do it for me, too much downtime (although we did play it with 8 or 9 players) and the traitor mechanic was nowhere near as fun as it is in Battlestar.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭richie.c

Was in the US recently and got a bit carried away. Bought the following
    Dixit
    pic455883_t.jpg
    Munchkin Deluxe
    pic96665_t.jpg
    Dead panic
    pic1720632_t.jpg
    Dominion
    pic394356_t.jpg
    Pandemic: On the brink
    pic1546621_t.jpg
    Forbidden Island
    pic646458_t.jpg
    Stratego

Unfortunately the wife made me put them all away until Christmas.
    Looking foward to family game night over the holidays

Just got back from Stockholm and the best boardgame shop I have ever visited. The selection is fantastic, so I bought a couple of games....

pic1707949_md.jpg

pic1723950_md.jpg

Then my brother told me he had his credit card with him :o:o:o:o:o:o

pic967931_md.jpg

pic1775517_md.jpg

I have till feb to pay him back :)

And these expansions he bought me as a xmas present :D

pic1775530_md.jpg

pic1495052_md.jpg

pic1705022_md.jpg

pic1639617_md.jpg

Definitely no more boardgames ever ,this year........;)

Next week I am joining BA boardgames anonymous.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Advertisement

Got a couple days back, played one solo game to get the rules down, first 2 player game tonight:

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Mother Duck

Let us know how you got on with Eldtritch... I have Arkham Horror, but it sits on the shelf and never gets played... I always found it a bit fiddly with too many things to keep track of so never got past introductory games with people.

Would love a more streamlined version so Eldritch may be promising!

Let us know how you got on with Eldtritch... I have Arkham Horror, but it sits on the shelf and never gets played... I always found it a bit fiddly with too many things to keep track of so never got past introductory games with people.

Would love a more streamlined version so Eldritch may be promising!

Played it last night, it's a streamlined version of Arkham alright, they've stripped out most of the worst fiddliness from AH so it's definitely easier to get into, and to actually complete a game.

Took us about 2 hours for the game although we are both experienced gamers and very familiar with AH, I'd count on a bit longer if playing with anyone who wasn't, but the game is on a fairly tight clock - you lose if a Doom Track gets to 0 and that starts advancing faster and faster as the game goes on if you do not close gates, unlike Arkham where it started fast and then slowed down as you sealed gates.

You also lose if the Mythos deck runs out and there are only 18-20 cards in that with one drawn per turn so time is relatively limited. We were about one turn away from victory when we lost so it was close, and certainly fun.

Worth getting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

pic1398895_t.jpg

pic1449032_t.jpg

omg omg omg.

Avalon.

Played it on Saturday night for the first time with good friends (9 in total). I absolutely loved it.

Will be buying it today alongside Ticket to Ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Yeah what a game.

I played it aswell on Saturday for the first time, with 6 players. Amazing game, we planned to play one or two games to try it out and ended up playing it for hours. Everyone loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Didn't buy...but Santa brought me Forbidden Island, Pandemic: On the Brink, and Shadows Over Camelot :)

🤪

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Munchkin and Castle Panic were unwrapped yesterday. Thrilled!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Santa brought many things to my house... some to me, some to my daughter.

Settler's of Catan (have only played a single-player thing on the Xbox before - can't wait to try it)
    Catan 5/6 Player Expansion
    King of Tokyo (for my daughter, who loves it)
    King of Tokyo Power Up!
    Android: Netrunner (have played 2 games of this with Sabre, and I think I might be hooked)

Starting to get a nice collection together now.

Santa brought many things to my house... some to me, some to my daughter.

Settler's of Catan (have only played a single-player thing on the Xbox before - can't wait to try it)
    Catan 5/6 Player Expansion
    King of Tokyo (for my daughter, who loves it)
    King of Tokyo Power Up!
    Android: Netrunner (have played 2 games of this with Sabre, and I think I might be hooked)

Starting to get a nice collection together now.

Santa was very good to me too. He brought me Firefly & Eldritch Horror as well as Opening Moves & Second Thoughts (Netrunner Datapacks).

My brother got me Flashpoint & Takenoko, my nephews got me Smash Up (not that they'd have any interest in it :cool:) and my friend got me Mala Tempora (Netrunner Datapack).

Netrunner is possibly the best game of 2013 for me (only started playing in the Summer) and I'm sure you'll love it :)

• Advertisement

King of Tokyo and Power Up seem to have been popular presents this Christmas, and I too received them as gifts, along side Scoundrels of Skullport. Played it every day so far since.

Advertisement