Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here when you buy a new game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

My name is Paddy and I'm a Gameaholic :o

This arrived in the post Friday,

pic1590236.jpg

No more boardgames ever!.:D

Damn ,I now have more boardgames than I can play.This has got to stop............soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Played it at Knavecon the other day. While regular LoW was a 10/10 for me, this breaks the system and makes it an 11/10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Tempted... so tempted... damn you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Imported and played Cards Against Humanity over the weekend and for depraved sickos like myself and friends it's killed Apples 2 Apples (which its a clone of) and Say Anything as the party game of choice.

Not quite a boardgame, but I think its close enough to allow :)

I picked up Small World 2 on iOS, which at first glance seems like a nice implementation of Small World.

I quite like the idea of pass and play, which I hope to test out next Wednesday when we have our regular lunchtime game. The full game might be a bit much to bring and setup :D

iosSmallWorld-1.jpeg

iosSmallWorld-2.jpeg

iosSmallWorld-3.jpeg

• Advertisement

Don't judge me, I was weak.

Picked up Cthulhu Dice, wanted another short game for the weekly lunchtime game.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Played Elder Sign and Castle Panic yesterday.

We need more co-op games, so I've ordered my own copy of Castle Panic now. Also a handy 2 player option for house bound parental types.

cp1.jpg

Good choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Bought Ticket to Ride: Europe last week. Have played one game since, which resulted in my wife winning (by virtue of the European Express bonus card... her longest route was 25, mine was 24). Our daughter did not react well when I took a route she needed (we played without stations to keep it simple first time). Looking forward to playing it more. Any boardgame night I've had with friends recently has been great. I'm very much in the 'can't get enough' phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭rzaba666

got this to play with kids, rules seems to be pretty straightforward ;)

pic31810_md.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oh I hope thats good, love warcraft

EDIT: tom vasel thinks its good, good enough for me!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oh where did you get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I was up in Cork at the weekend and I picked up Twilight Struggle. It's been #1 on BGG for ages now, so I figured it was worth a shot. Hopefully I'll convince someone to get a game in over the next few days.

You know, as I was putting the box in with the mound of other games, I spotted two or three games that I have had for ages and never got around to playing. One of them is a pretty highly rated eurogame, Dominant Species. I think I'll need to arrange a game night and give it a shot.

Oh where did you get it?

swap from boardgamegeek

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Galecon being on this weekend, there'll be plenty of stalls selling.

Shiminay wrote: »
    Galecon being on this weekend, there'll be plenty of stalls selling.

Shiminay .........quick question.

Can anyone pop in and check out the stalls ,or do you need to be attending galecon.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I don't think they do a "trade hall only" sort of pass which is something I think they're possibly missing out on. www.gaelcon.com should have more details.

Gonna get this at teh weekend, my first boardgame. Will bring it along to the group next time.

king-of-tokyo.jpg

Went to buy both King of Tokyo and Scoundrels of Skullport at the weekend at Gaelcon, but turns out King of Tokyo was out of stock and Scoundrels of Skullport is already out of print. Ended up with Talisman, Ticket to Ride (two old favourites), and Legends of Andor, an FF game I hadn't seen before but has proven both enjoyable and incredibly difficult to beat; 0/4 W/L record for us so far.

this looks cool but 65$ to get it shipped with the play mat is a lot for a card & token game

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tedalspach/1-night-onlyone-night-ultimate-werewolf-in-time-fo

• Advertisement

Yeah you are right, for what you are getting that's very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Just picked up King of Tokyo myself, looks like a quick fun game.

Also bought Pandemic, been thinking about getting it for a while.

Never played either game but both should be good purchases!

And free delivery for both from Amazon, you can't say no to that.

recently got CO2, played 2 x solo and 1 x 4 players and gave it strong 8 on BGG, it is heavy euro game with lot of rules (or rather lot of exceptions to rules), some Americans thinks it is controversial theme (global warming etc.). Our 4-player game started very slow and very coop (yes, it is a bit semi-coop) as we worked together to make sure Earth will survive, once we realized that Earth is safe it was crazy race for points, region control and money. Got this in Polish shop for 37 e (including shipping but it was part of bigger order where shipping cost was divided on 7 people)
    http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/72225/co

8alc.jpg

We should give it a try Thursday night.

Looks good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I was up north over the weekend and I took a trip out to Replay games in Bangor (Great store btw) and I had a bit of a spending spree :-/

King of Tokyo
    King of Tokyo : Power Up
    Android Netrunner
    Twilight Imperium 3 : Shards of the Throne

oeb wrote: »
    I was up north over the weekend and I took a trip out to Replay games in Bangor (Great store btw) and I had a bit of a spending spree :-/

I hope to follow your example at month end.I will be heading here...
    http://www.sfbok.se/kat/bokkatalog.asp?Katalog=7&genre=47&language=1

They have a huge selection of games,I usually spend 2-3 hours in the place.Although I already have my eye on Mage Knight-Krang exp
    and Exodus Proxima Centuari .I'll see what happens.

About to buy Dungeon Roll; will keep you guys posted on what it's like.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Got Love Letter and Munchkin Card game. Thinking about Dixit but I already have enough to waft through as it is :P

• Advertisement

Oh I wish to test love letter as I'm buying it to play over christmas.
    Was that munchkin card game we played before?

I bought saboteur and 6 nimmt! as they are like a fiver each on deal extreme.
    Planning on getting star fluxx, and maybe some more small games.

Advertisement