Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here when you buy a new game

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 oliviablond

Where do you normally buy from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Amazon for me, odd times ebay. Got two things in Gamersworld.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Homeland-Cover.png

I enjoy the show, but my main reason is that Battlestar Galactica is one of my favourite games ever, I'm trying to convince my BSG-loving but board-game hating wife to play it, and I hear that this Homeland game plays with similar mechanics but a lot more stripped down and shorter. Hoping to entice her with this before attempting to bring out BSG again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Picked up a couple since my last post....

pic1980675_t.jpg
    Terrible cover that does not do justice to the game.Played it a couple of times last week.Rules are easy to pick up and teach.

It was the shut up and sit down review that brought it to my attention.....

pic2869714_t.jpg

Hope to play this soon.A lot compare it to Waterdeep ,but seems to stand on its own merit and be different enough to own both.

Got a copy of Risk Star Wars The Original Trilogy on ebay today, came in about €45 delivered. Think I was looking at about €80 on amazon and that's the lower end of the price I had seen there for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rougebladez

Bought three games at Warpcon

Builders antiquity. Enjoyable economy game in a small box

Forbidden Island. Just played it with my 12 yo daughter. Enjoyable easy game

Codenames. Haven't played it yet but looks good. Easy rules again.

Bought three games at Warpcon

Builders antiquity. Enjoyable economy game in a small box

Forbidden Island. Just played it with my 12 yo daughter. Enjoyable easy game

Codenames. Haven't played it yet but looks good. Easy rules again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Just got a copy of Cosmic Encounter, looking forward to trying it out this weekend.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Just got a copy of Cosmic Encounter, looking forward to trying it out this weekend.

Hi cat, this one might interest you?.:D

pic2493452_t.jpg

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1986861668/cat-box?ref=category

Just received my copy of Cry Havoc last week.Played a 4 player game the weekend.Top notch IMO .Can't wait to play again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Recently got Love Letter, as a kind of game I can always have in the backpack. It seems pretty good, but I'm guessing that it'll come into its own with more players.

With all the FFG/Games workshop **** going down I ordered Forbidden Stars as Ive always liked the look of it. Got CitOW as well due to some popular opinions and the theme semms good, figured if I dont like it ill have no trouble shifting it when stock dries up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Played Dead of Winter for the first time last week. Christ almighty that game hates its players! We died with 2 rounds to go and really hadn't a hope of ever winning the game. Loved the moral dilemmas in it though. Similar to Shadows Over Camelot in mechanics. Looking forward to giving it another run out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Greg81

T.I.M.E Stories. Can't wait to play it this weekend.

pic2617634_md_zpslehqqhiu.png

Greg81 wrote: »
    T.I.M.E Stories. Can't wait to play it this weekend.

pic2617634_md_zpslehqqhiu.png

Ooooh I cannot wait to play this. Just need to convince my husband to buy it. It's a hefty price for a one off game.

pic2471359.jpg

Got this in the post last week from amazon for €84 .A good price IMO.

pic2628062.jpg

Paid a bit more for fury @ €60 in local gameshop. :mad: Should have ordered it sooner, the week before it was €50 on amazon.

Ordered them as soon as I heard WARHAMMER and FFG were splitting up.Prices are now going a bit crazy for these and others in the range.Apparently no more will be printed when stocks run out.:(

pic2471359.jpg

Got this in the post last week from amazon for €84 .A good price IMO.

pic2628062.jpg

Paid a bit more for fury @ €60 in local gameshop. :mad: Should have ordered it sooner, the week before it was €50 on amazon.

Ordered them as soon as I heard WARHAMMER and FFG were splitting up.Prices are now going a bit crazy for these and others in the range.Apparently no more will be printed when stocks run out.:(

Good catch Pad

Bought Elder sign. Played it 3 times.
    It's ok. Dicefest.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Picked up Splendor and Dominion: Empires there the other day. Have played Splendor a fair few times with a mate and it's pretty good. Haven't had a chance to play Empires yet.

Also picked up the Dominion: Intrigue update pack.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I've kitted myself out with all the pitchcar extensions, Flick 'em up, Mysterium, Forbidden Desert, Sushi Go! Party and probably some other I can't remember since I last posted here...

• Advertisement

Forgot to bring Catan on holiday with us this weekend so we called into a game shop and picked up Bullfrogs.
    https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/149853/bullfrogs
    Surprisingly good game. Nice little mechanic and lots of strategy involved with more people. We've only played with 2 which was fun, will be interesting to play with 4.

Picked up a few since I last posted.......:o:o:o:o

Adrenaline

Gold West

Cry Havoc

Clockwork Wars

Great Western Trail

Zombicide Black Plague

Need to cut back now for a while....................hopefully.

I am curious how good The Great Western Trail is? My Friend bought it. Can't wait to play.

This week is my second session in Pandemic Legacy. Amazing game. Very challenging.

I am curious how good The Great Western Trail is? My Friend bought it. Can't wait to play.

This week is my second session in Pandemic Legacy. Amazing game. Very challenging.

How did Time Stories go?

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    How did Time Stories go?

Still in the box unfortunately. Have to find a time for that too.

Aww! I saw a review of it that kinda put me off buying for it. It might be my special christmas present to myself and the hubby though.

I am curious how good The Great Western Trail is? My Friend bought it. Can't wait to play

Played my first game on Sunday and liked it big time.I liked it enough to say that I will never turn down a game if offered to play.It was a four player game and I came second last.Game end took me by surprise and happened sooner than I expected.If I had watched turn track closer I would have played last couple turns different .Lots of different ways to get points/win.
    Can't wait to play again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Picked up a few new games over the past while, favorites below:

Through the Ages - new story

Roll for the Galaxy + expansion

Suburbia + expansion

Deception Murder in Hong Kong
    (haven't tried this one yet but looking forward to it)

Cosmic Encounter + expansions

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Picked up Scythe and Invaders from Afar for Christmas - now I'm trying to resist splurging on all the extra promo items from the kickstarter.

Also grabbed Isle of Skye, Feast for Odin, Great Western Trail, Seafall and Dead of Winter Long Night.

Went a little bit nuts :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Crypts and Things. Swords and Sorcery RPG - think 'Conan' or 'Fafhr' - using 1970s era D&D rules.

CT-Remastered-Web-Cover.jpg

Advertisement