Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here when you buy a new game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

The trains in this are amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 GingerGames

I recently picked up a copy of Shipyard. Rondels, rondels and more rondels. A great game that has been out of print for a while and is now readily available.... highly recommended. Also a copy of Fields of Arle that has consumed our game table! Another great game by Mr Rosenburg check out our recent review on Victor Gannon Games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

. Also a copy of Fields of Arle that has consumed our game table! Another great game by Mr Rosenburg check out our recent review on Victor Gannon Games.

Yeah this is one on my wishlist.When I do get it I will probably play it solo,given its table size and gametime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 GingerGames

Yeah this is one on my wishlist.When I do get it I will probably play it solo,given its table size and gametime.

I haven't played it solo yet but the table size will only reduce slightly with the removal of 2 player boards. The main actions board takes up the most space and can actually be difficult to read from the other end of the table, once you are familiar with the action spaces it's not too bad.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I got Cinelinx. Not really sure what to make of it. It seems a bit of a mess really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

picked up letter to santa, which is just christmas love letter

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Just got Skull, The Hare and Tortoise and Suburbia.

Hnnnngh

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rougebladez

Got Fire in the Lake recently.

WOW it's complicated but veery good. It's not everyone's thing but I am really enjoying it.

And that's by playing all four factions myself even though it has bots to play against.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Two games recently. Alchemists and One Zero One.
    Both very good. One zero one proving more popular than I had expected.
    (Cakes not included)

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/YBrXXjRRZ-6p5FWiTH3YTqTQF_ocxEOmm6gXwlxix-I=w1524-h865-no

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-1HPomZX6EBk/VNZ9Kytud_I/AAAAAAAAGVk/iKc30LYu890/w1538-h865-no/20150207_205849.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Two games recently. Alchemists and One Zero One.
    Both very good. One zero one proving more popular than I had expected.
    (Cakes not included)

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/YBrXXjRRZ-6p5FWiTH3YTqTQF_ocxEOmm6gXwlxix-I=w1524-h865-no

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-1HPomZX6EBk/VNZ9Kytud_I/AAAAAAAAGVk/iKc30LYu890/w1538-h865-no/20150207_205849.jpg

Alchemists is such a stunning game and so bloody clever. Love it to little pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Decided to pick up a classic, and bought Settlers of Catan.

Haven't played it yet, but looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Got Roll for the Galaxy (great fun for a dice game) and Eclipse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Got Beowulf:The Legend recently, no chance to play it yet though.

Anyone able to give their view on War Of The Ring? Strongely considering picking it up.

Anyone able to give their view on War Of The Ring? Strongely considering picking it up.

One of my favourite 2 player games,if not my favourite . Its a few years since I played ,but my impressions at the time were if you want to live the lord of the rings story ,this is not to be missed. Probably the most thematic boardgame that I have played. Always on my radar for a replay ,but never seem to get around to it.Only minor downside I recall is game set up time ,but IMO its worth it.

One of my favourite 2 player games,if not my favourite . Its a few years since I played ,but my impressions at the time were if you want to live the lord of the rings story ,this is not to be missed. Probably the most thematic boardgame that I have played. Always on my radar for a replay ,but never seem to get around to it.Only minor downside I recall is game set up time ,but IMO its worth it.

I really wish you hadn't posted that, it sounds awesome and pretty much exactly what Im looking for, unfortunately it'll add to my already lengthening backlog. On sale until Saturday, £58 at the moment I think on Amazon.
    Thanks

I really wish you hadn't posted that, it sounds awesome and pretty much exactly what Im looking for, unfortunately it'll add to my already lengthening backlog. On sale until Saturday, £58 at the moment I think on Amazon.
    Thanks

I saw it in Warpcon being sold by black cat games for €99 even though I thought it was out of print. 58 converted is
    €79 so it's a good buy but what it'll be after postage is added I don't know.

It's one game I'd absolutely love to immerse myself in but finding an opponent would be nigh on impossible. Plus wife would have a canary if I bought another game.

I saw it in Warpcon being sold by black cat games for €99 even though I thought it was out of print. 58 converted is
    €79 so it's a good buy but what it'll be after postage is added I don't know.

It's one game I'd absolutely love to immerse myself in but finding an opponent would be nigh on impossible. Plus wife would have a canary if I bought another game.

I have an address up North so can get free postage on Amazon if I need to. Have 2, maybe 3 mates who would be pretty hyped to play it I'd say, pretty regularly too. Im pretty close to clicking the "Buy" Button. The only problem being the collection of games I havnt even touched yet

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I got game of thrones second hand a while back.

I'm picking up ticket to ride europe and citadels second hand soon.

I got game of thrones second hand a while back.

Big fan of Game Of Thrones, the Feast For Crows expansion is really good too, havnt play A Dance For Dragons.

I go War Of The Ring this week, attempting to figure it out now, daunting task

Watched it on YouTube. Seems fairly intuitive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

carcassonne app free today, download the amazon shopping app from their site
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000479543&forceHttps=0

pic2337383_md.jpg

Got the new expansion for Elder Sign yesterday.Elder sign is one of my favourites so looking forward to playing it this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Got Shadowrun Crossfire from gamersworld.

CrossfireCover.jpg?b979cc
    Shadowrun: Crossfire is a cooperative deck-building card game for two to four players set in the gritty, cyberpunk fantasy world of Shadowrun. Play a shadowrunner team and take on tough jobs such as protecting a client who's marked for death, shooting your way out of downtown when a run goes sour, or facing down a dragon. In each game you'll improve your deck with a mix of strategies, while earning Karma to give your character cyber upgrades, physical augmentations, magical initiations, weapons training and Edge.

Big fan of the shadowrun world so this was a defo pick up for me. And it's a fun co op game.
    But as a game it is very very unforgiving.
    It batters the crap outta you as you try to raise your character and get Abilities to help you succeed in the game.
    Out of 12 games my group has Won twice, Surivived an aborted run 7 times and been outright slaughtered 3 times.

For those who want a challenge its well worth a pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

pic1992476_md.jpg

A Knavecon purchase

Yeah, we bought Five Tribes and the custom Love Letter at Knavecon. Also got Descent 1st ed. for €8.

Legendary Encounters Alien just arrived, got a lot of sorting to do tonight, hopefully all cards are here

pic951340.jpg

My copy just arrived today.Not sure when I will get a chance to play it as the games are starting to pile up.:(
    But I did get to play Stone Age last night.A game that gets better with every play.I will have to update my stone age game rating on BBG .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭HighKing33

The Fate Core System hardcover arrived in the post recently, picked up from Amazon Prime for a little under €30.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2czo7UpVrV0/UdNzR9Dh8eI/AAAAAAAABKc/H0WyIsZ5xkY/s553/igotfate.jpg

Can't praise the game highly enough. I wasted a lot of money and even more time digesting the AD&D system and all it's associated players' guides and campaign supplements in my teens with very little play time worth talking about. Always felt the game left a lot to be desired.

Fate on the other hand is damn near perfect as role-playing games go. You don't need minis, or even complicated maps - just some interesting characters and enough detail to bring a story to life. Leaves a lot of RPGs looking very cumbersome by comparison. And it's a beautiful little blue hardback with a soft matte finish that fits snugly in your shoulder-bag.

Now if only I can find a shop in this country that sells Fudge dice :/

I go War Of The Ring this week, attempting to figure it out now, daunting task

Nomadic how did you get on with War of the Ring ?.

• Advertisement

Just saw that post now that you quoted it; War of the Ring is actually a very easy game to learn.

Advertisement