Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round 13 - Italian Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

me@ucd wrote: »
    rules are rules, shumacher thinks he is bigger than them, its his personallity type

No need to say too much more than this....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

rules are rules, shumacher thinks he is bigger than them, its his personallity type

Maybe so but Hamilton just seems to fit your words better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

So why hasnt he be penalized? Thankfully, the stewards have a more educated perspective than yours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Was away for a coupla minutes there, any obvious reason for Button dropping back?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,970 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Button's backed off a little from Alonso. I suspect he's saving his tyres for when Alonso goes in to the pits, rather than waste them on trying to overtake ...

PS: I see there are back markers in the mix too, which would complicate things further.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement

amacachi wrote: »
    Was away for a coupla minutes there, any obvious reason for Button dropping back?

He has 13 laps on these tyres so they might just be starting to go off slightly

Barrichello!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Schumi up to 2nd for now! Great to see!

OK, Button's past Alonso, but he still has to come in for tyres, so what was the point? I missed what happened to Button, why he lost several places and was still behind after Alonso pitted.

edit - oh, Button pitted. Happened while I was typing here, missed it entirely!

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

So why hasnt he be penalized? Thankfully, the stewards have a more educated perspective than yours

If he was most other drivers he would have been, thats what makes it so annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

If he was most other drivers he would have been, thats what makes it so annoying

Lol! What a ridiculous comment. Reminds me of Hamilton's "is it because i'm black" comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,129 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

frostie500 wrote: »
    No need to say too much more than this....

Didn't Hamilton get warned after that

And also weren't the rules changed for 2011

You mean if it was Hamilton?
    Because everybody is out to get him and that pesky FIA will always find a way to screw him over?

One of update to 2011 rules
    The sporting regulations now prevent drivers from making “more than one change of direction to defend a position, deliberate crowding of a car beyond the edge of the track or any other abnormal change of direction.”
    http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/03/21/2011-f1-rules-ataglance-2/

Vettel has such a gap now, only he or his mechanics can lose him the race now. Button knows this, he just has to stay clear of Alonso, and so the next question is whether Hamilton can catch Alonso. (IMHO)

Didn't Hamilton get warned after that

And also weren't the rules changed for 2011

Hamilton was given a warning but that was the extent of his punishment, I was using that as an example of precedent whereby it would be very harsh for Schumi to be given a penalty which is what I think me@ucd was looking for.

What change was made to the rules? Drivers have only been able to make one defensive move since 98 or so, I didnt think there was any significant change to that?

That Renault's exhaust noise is an abomination. :(

Hamilton was given a warning but that was the extent of his punishment, I was using that as an example of precedent whereby it would be very harsh for Schumi to be given a penalty which is what I think me@ucd was looking for.

What change was made to the rules? Drivers have only been able to make one defensive move since 98 or so, I didnt think there was any significant change to that?

See my last post above

bit more on it here
    http://en.espnf1.com/fia/motorsport/story/36400.html

Yeah, I suspect someone at FIA had a word with Ross Brawn, and then we heard Brawn getting on to Schumacher about space at least twice. Kept the action going, rather than spoiling it with a drive-through penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

its a pity schumacher dident go back with ferrari,i think the title and races would be a lot different.vettel has ran away with it this year nice to see a back to back winner we havent seen that in a long time

• Advertisement

See my last post above

bit more on it here
    http://en.espnf1.com/fia/motorsport/story/36400.html

Small point but thats not a change in regulations on the "one move" its just clarifying that drivers should not close down the line of car once they are alongside them (like what Schumi did to Barrichello at Hungary.)

The one move regulation has been in effect for over ten years, I think it became common practice in 98, and that would be the same regulation that saw Hamilton warned in Malaysia and Schumi under fire with today. As I said if he is given a warning after todays race it could be viewed as fair enough but if he had have had anything more severe it would have been pretty unfair

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Well done Seb, class of the field once again.
    Might be time for me to make a macros for that actually,its happening almost every GP weekend these days :D

Small point but thats not a change in regulations on the "one move" its just clarifying that drivers should not close down the line of car once they are alongside them (like what Schumi did to Barrichello at Hungary.)

The one move regulation has been in effect for over ten years, I think it became common practice in 98, and that would be the same regulation that saw Hamilton warned in Malaysia and Schumi under fire with today. As I said if he is given a warning after todays race it could be viewed as fair enough but if he had have had anything more severe it would have been pretty unfair

Yep, but where Michael took the racing line and pushed Hamilton on to grass could be seen as "deliberate crowding of a car beyond the edge of the track"

Great drive by Schumi!

Yep, but where Michael took the racing line and pushed Hamilton on to grass could be seen as "deliberate crowding of a car beyond the edge of the track"

I didn't think the time he pushed Hamilton onto the grass was on purpose, Hamilton just had a massive run and Schumacher didn't realise it.

Damn you Vettel.

Fair point, I'm not gonna lie though I didnt see him pushing Hamilton to the grass-Im watching the race on Speed and they cut to ads at a couple of important moments in the race. I only saw Schumi closing the line into Lesmo and didnt think much of it, Let me have a look at that incident and then I'll have a full picture of what he did in the race.

amacachi wrote: »
    I didn't think the time he pushed Hamilton onto the grass was on purpose, Hamilton just had a massive run and Schumacher didn't realise it.

Maybe but compare it to Button passing Alonso at same point on the track

Wouldn't totally dismiss what happened

Maybe but compare it to Button passing Alonso at same point on the track

Wouldn't totally dismiss what happened

I was just addressing the bit where it says "deliberately" :pac:

EDIT: Just on the replay there I have to say I thought Alonso was very, very naughty with Vettel. Vettel was completely alongside when Alonso started shoving him, a bit worse than what Schumi did off the top of my head.

Yep, I think if it happened one more time there could be a penalty which might be why Ross Brawn was on the radio to Michael

Vettels overtake for the lead really was on the limit, great to see again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭v10

To be fair I think Schumi pushed his luck a tad with that but I honestly believe that not everything deserves a drive through and think that Brawn's warning was enough.

Also I believe that if the tv camera followed most chases as closely as they watched that one today over a similar amount of laps I think you would see almost every driver on the grid do pull a similar move at some point over the course of the 15 or whatever laps that it was.

Advertisement