Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Road Less Traveled: IM 2012

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Today, for the first time in months, I feel AWAKE. My legs don't hurt walking upstairs - that hasn't happened all year! This is a nice novelty, and handy, with the race just days away. I plan to run later to see if this nice feeling can cope with a bit of activity, too. Strangely, along with this wakey-uppeyness, I no longer feel paralysed by nerves. Long may that last.

Bike is apart and packed.
    Most other kit is packed.
    Travel insurance bought.
    I bet I'm still forgetting something essential....

...oh yeah! My mum!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Taper has worked so. You will feel brand new on race day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Best of luck Oryx.
    you rock :cool:

Today, I woke with a sore throat and feeling a teensy bit off. The fates are not making this easy. Anyhoo, no point worrying about it, we carry on regardless.

I doubt Ill be online much once I leave work today, so for now, adios muchachos. Thanks for all the kind words and support. See y'all once it's done. Keep your fingers crossed for me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

Knock 'em dead! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭griffin100

Oryx wrote: »
    Today, I woke with a sore throat and feeling a teensy bit off. The fates are not making this easy. Anyhoo, no point worrying about it, we carry on regardless.

I doubt Ill be online much once I leave work today, so for now, adios muchachos. Thanks for all the kind words and support. See y'all once it's done. Keep your fingers crossed for me. :)

Go back and look at my log for my first IM in 2010..........the last week's posts are all about chesty coughs, sore throats and pains in my legs :rolleyes:

It's all in your mind............:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Very, very best of luck, you will be amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

Well done Oryx you did it. :D:D:D We are not worthy ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Well done K. Awesome stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

You worked it and you owned it....and you had the lads blabbering and blubbering like bleeding idiots with worry over you when the live tracking wasn't working right. Pretty nice of them to do so, if you ask me. Well done top hoochie. "You! Are! An! IronMan!!!!!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

Dory Dory wrote: »
    You worked it and you owned it....and you had the lads blabbering and blubbering like bleeding idiots with worry over you when the live tracking wasn't working right. Pretty nice of them to do so, if you ask me. Well done top hoochie. "You! Are! An! IronMan!!!!!"

Is it ok to call a woman an Ironman or is she an Ironwoman?

I would rather go with the "fvking legend" tbh:)

It was epic. It was awesome. It was horrid. I am so never doing it again. But god what an experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

It was epic. It was awesome. It was horrid. I am so never doing it again. But god what an experience.

Oh my god, she spoke!!!! :D

My heart is full for you right now - can't even imagine your sense of accomplishment....or was it a race? ;)

Red and i got very cosy at times but purely accidental. The guy was brill. Getting me going again during the run when it was going badly wrong. Report sometime when I'm not burnt and exhausted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Fantastic stuff, Oryx!

Dunno about you, but I'm knackered just tracking the exploits of yourself Red and George:)

Sounds like an epic day of days...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

+1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭pointer28

How about just calling her Chick Noryx, geddit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭pointer28

BTW, smart comments aside, you are a legend.

Well done, some accomplishment, just imagine in 30 years time your Grandkids hearing how their Granny was an Ironman. Not too many get to tell that story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭BennyMul

Congrats Oryx, savage result.

• Advertisement

15k into the run, Red will tell ya, I didn't think I'd finish at all so any result is fine by me. When the sun went down and I cooled down it all came good. :) But I'm really not built for the heat. Give me tough guy ice any day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

15k into the run, Red will tell ya, I didn't think I'd finish at all so any result is fine by me. When the sun went down and I cooled down it all came good. :) But I'm really not built for the heat. Give me tough guy ice any day!

You're hot enough as it is, in that heat you must have been smoking! Well done, fabulous reward for your training.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Congrats Oryx. Sounds like a crazy day there with the heat. Fair play to you! :cool:

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    You're hot enough as it is, in that heat you must have been smoking! Well done, fabulous reward for your training.
    They took a 'race face' pic when I finished. Not pretty. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭big mce

Oryx your a Savage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Proud jewish son alert;)

I honestly couldn't go to bed until i find out that you were finish, mrs jones wasn't too happy that i spent my day looking up another woman:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I honestly knew you would, the mental strengh you've shown in training is something i'm in awe of.

I don't have a hat but i tip my bike helmet to you, Ironlady.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭handangeo

Hey Girl, well done, didn't see you on the course but I guessed you were in the pain cave like the rest of us. Big congratulations! You are an IRONMAN and you should be so proud of your massive achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

Oryx, great bit of work yesterday - after it all fades Im sure you'll look back with pride. Brilliant stuff.

• Advertisement

Yes it was epic and awesome, be very proud of yourself as what you done yesterday was some achievement. Just on the bolded bit i was the exact same crossing the finish line in IMUK last year, fast forward 24hrs when you forget the suffering and i was already plotting my next one....just syaing like.;)

Super hoochie!!

Advertisement