Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Road Less Traveled: IM 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

I'm looking at two suits - both Pearl Izumi. The one I'm leaning towards has a built in bra, is compression, has two pockets for nutrition, and has a 9 inch inseam. The other does NOT have a built in bra (which you like), is compression, has one very small pocket, and only an 8 inch inseam. Any thoughts without seeing them?? Do you like not having the built in bra because you can wear a "better/more supportive" one than what's built in?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Ha. Two years of training means I have the figure of a boy anyway. But the ones with built in support are quite simply harder to get in and out of. Think emergency toilet breaks + wet trisuit, and other possible scenarios ;) If youre doing short races pockets won't be as crucial. And pearl izumi are bound to be good regardless.

Okay....I will think in terms of quickie toilet breaks vs. an inch more coverage of the legs. Thanks!!!

Looking at the two suits once more, I just realized one of the suits has the seam right down the middle of the crotch - and I HATE seams right down the middle of the crotch. Decision made. Thanks for your help!!!

We will want pictures, of course. :) Glad my witterings helped somehow!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

When does the taper start?

When does the taper start?
    I have one more long bike to do, then taper begins next week. Its not a sharp drop though. 12 hours. Then 10. Then race week. Please god it will go ok and I won't have issues right at the end game!

Oryx wrote: »
    I have one more long bike to do, then taper begins next week. Its not a sharp drop though. 12 hours. Then 10. Then race week. Please god it will go ok and I won't have issues right at the end game!

ah you will be fine, you have put in the work. I wish I was at my last long week. Won't be long coming I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Loving all the bra and crotch talk..............:p

oh and i don't know too many boys with a figure like that.............

• Advertisement

Loving all the bra and crotch talk..............:p
    Peeping Tom. ;)

Today I caught up on a turbo I missed earlier in the week (session 1, thanks JB) then went out and did a short run (6.75k slowly :(). Total time just over an hour and a half. One more session done. Getting there.

oh and i don't know too many boys with a figure like that.............
    You hang out with the wrong people :p

I'm with Elvis on this one.....you're looking pretty lean and sexy in that awesome tri suit! You're sort of like my pair of pink Converse shoes - tough and feminine all at the same time. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Hey Bebe ;)

Dory Dory wrote: »
    I'm with Elvis on this one.....you're looking pretty lean and sexy in that awesome tri suit! You're sort of like my pair of pink Converse shoes - tough and feminine all at the same time. ;)

I must ask did he take one from the rear;)

Hey Bebe ;)
    How YOU doin?

Okay, can we talk about like uh, training and stuff now, so I dont have to get this moved to flirtar or S&S? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Hey Bebe ;)

Hey back off this SBR hoochie is mine ye hear.

A hard, slow day at the office today. My last long bike and maybe because the end was so near I found it hard to motivate and get this done. Good job I'd arranged to do this ride with a clubmate so I had to turn up at half five this morning.. :)

We probably took this a bit too leisurely because neither of us got our game on and pushed the other right till the end, where, overcome with the joy of being nearly done, we had a bit of a sprint home. :) I struggled today just because my head wasn't right. I'm tired and its been a tough few weeks, tho the main issue today as usual was discomfort rather than fatigue. But its done, finally. My last long bike. 161.6k in, well, too many fkn hours.

My last peak week is over. Whatever is done is all I can do now. It's time for TAPER, baby!

My club mate did 156 yesterday and she's racing with you over there too i believe !

Today, in true triathlon fashion, I threw a big chunk of money at my slow swim and am now the proud owner of a cat 3 TYR suit. It fits like Peter Parkers bad black spidey suit. I also got reminded of what a terrible swimmer I am during the test swim slash coaching session. All the kit and still sh1t. :)

Good girl - in the fashion world that's called "dress for success." Let it be part of your psych. Strut it, own it, love it, flaunt it. Don't forget we all want pics. ;)

• Advertisement

All the kit and still sh1t. :)

Ah yes but aren't you happy? :rolleyes:

Ah yes but aren't you happy? :rolleyes:
    I'm broke. My car is in bits and I buy a wetsuit. It aint right. :)

Got out on the bike this morning rather than using the turbo. Found every steep hill in a five mile radius (I live pretty much on top of the highest point in the area) and slogged up them all. My quads complained, but otherwise it was a grand session. 25k in an hour and a quarter which doesnt sound much but I aint fast uphill!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Enjoy the taper and stay positive! Your work is done. Just a case of enjoying the race now and reaping the rewards! :cool:

Got out on the bike this morning rather than using the turbo. Found every steep hill in a five mile radius (I live pretty much on top of the highest point in the area) and slogged up them all. My quads complained, but otherwise it was a grand session. 25k in an hour and a quarter which doesnt sound much but I aint fast uphill!

Stop putting yourself down about the speed on the bike. You are doing something that most people can not comprehend let alone attempt and you do it while running a house as well. I never realised what my wife went through while training for the DCM last year until now. Now that I am starting to up the miles on the runs. Its easy for us men, we can come home from a run or bike and get showered etc and do general man type things like moan about how tired my legs are etc but the ladies dont just down tools, they probably do the housework, collect kids from school, get groceries and the list goes on and on.

So again, stop being so hard on yourself about the lack of speed on the bike, think of what you have achieved in your time in triathlon, the training that you have put in to date for Austria. You are probably operating at a million miles an hour every day, so relax and enjoy your big day. You will be grand. ;)

Thank you. That was really nice of you to say. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Do not forget the free 2-3kmph speed you will get from the good roads in Austria not to mention fresh legs after the taper.

I'm broke too..............proud owner of my 1st wetsuit:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭griffin100

Its easy for us men, we can come home from a run or bike and get showered etc and do general man type things like moan about how tired my legs are etc but the ladies dont just down tools, they probably do the housework, collect kids from school, get groceries and the list goes on and on.

......and there was me thinking all triathletes were modern metrosexual men :p

Seriously though, what you describe is exactly what it's like in my house despite the fact that my wife runs her own business and has staff and clients to deal with. I have it lucky (but don't tell her I said that)

• Advertisement

I'm broke too..............proud owner of my 1st wetsuit:)
    Woo. :) have fun learning how to get in and out of it!

Kettlebells tonight. Nice session which cooked my arms. And 60 squats was fun after this morning's hilly bike. With a nearly thirteen hour week to hit this week it does not feel like taper yet but somehow my head already feels like the pressure is off.

Advertisement