Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vatican responds , the Holy See attempted to frustrate an inquiry is unfounded

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

One side IS accountable and can be held accountable by every person over 18 . The other isnt and reckons it is above the law and not answerable to man but to a pretend being.
    Can you spot which is which?

Can you spot the fact that the State's child protection policies were called into question by the authors of the Cloyne Report? Has the Taoiseach or any of his ministers made a song and dance about that fact?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

prinz wrote: »
    I'd suggest holding both sides accountable for their respective failings - some fcuking state they are running in Ireland etc.

I'd like to see many sides held accountable too - the state in fairness is trying AND making compensation, meanwhile the other Rome corporation is doing their usual fcuk-all crap of delay, denial and piss else all in actual action terms and compo'!
    Jeasus, we know even have to send in the bailiffs in on the scum!

They are a disgusting disgrace.
    ...And by the way, if you are going to criticise the state - don't forget those power hungry fools from Rome embedded themselves so deep within the state in power, influence and even in constitution, that even now its a hell of a job to get the scumbags out! They deeply helped(!) and made the state in to the right state that it is today! :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Can you spot the fact that the State's child protection policies were called into question by the authors of the Cloyne Report? Has the Taoiseach or any of his ministers made a song and dance about that fact?

I think Biggins just replied for me....
    However i think the "But but but but others were doing it too so why pick on us" squawk is a little juvenile.

Sorry. Double post happened!

Biggins wrote: »
    I'd like to see many sides held accountable too - the state in fairness is trying AND making compensation, meanwhile the other Rome corporation is doing their usual fcuk-all crap of delay, denial and piss else all in actual action terms!

What in actual action terms would you like to see?

• Advertisement

I think Biggins just replied for me....
    However i think the "But but but but others were doing it too so why pick on us" squawk is a little juvenile.

Any more or less juvenile than allowing yourself be helped up onto the bandwagon by some of the same people who we should be holding to account?

As an aside the "But but but but others were doing it too so why pick on us" squawk usually does not equate to trying to shift blame, but trying to correct the mistakes and weaknesses where ever we find them. To me that's a good goal to aim for.

What in actual action terms would you like to see?

Well how about for a start they actually pay what is owed/deserved to those that were abused?
    It would be a damn good start instead of they working from behind their business desks with their many, many, high priced lawyers, PR consultants, speech people, policy writers, property ownership consultants, share dealing managers and so bloody on!

They are too bloody busy working with the above to actually do what is right!

Religion? If any tries to tell me they are a just bloody religion - they are blind.
    They are a bloody business corporation in poor disguise - infected with the worst of the worse! No wonder Fianna Fail was buried up their arse!

Well how about for a start they actually pay what is owed/deserved to those that were abused?

That's going to be decided this month isn't it? Ruairí Quinn's job to take what he needs to. CPO's on primary schools would make a start.

That's going to be decided this month isn't it? Ruairí Quinn's job to take what he needs to.

...And it looks like he will have to take it. They sure are not giving it willingly!
    He probably will have to drag it out of them, inch by inch with every fingernail used!

They should be ashamed of themselves - but they are not!
    They know they can play their lawyer games, delay, use 'bankrupt claims' to avoid paying, use their lawyers to appeal on points of law and appeal verdicts of seizure ...and on and on in their never ending rotten so called 'charitable organisation' actions.

I don't see people going into their churches any more - I see blind sheep who don't want to hear or see the truth.

I don't see people going into their churches any more - I see blind sheep who don't want to hear or see the truth.

Coincidence, I see a lot of sheep too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

After everything that has come out, 3 official state reports detailing years of abuse and cover-ups by the church, and still the crooks in Rome wont face the music.

grenache wrote: »
    After everything that has come out, 3 official state reports detailing years of abuse and cover-ups by the church, and still the crooks in Rome wont face the music.
    Nor will some of their blind members/flock accept reality.

As an aside the "But but but but others were doing it too so why pick on us" squawk usually does not equate to trying to shift blame, but trying to correct the mistakes and weaknesses where ever we find them. To me that's a good goal to aim for.

Hear, hear.

The book about the King of hissy fits "Gawd"!!!!
    Indeed.:D

We shouldn't be surprised that God was angry when man turned his back on Him after God gave him everything he could ever need: life, health, a woman (Eve), the most beautiful garden, plenty of good food, dominion over the beasts/birds/fish God created (imagine - dominion?!), and the chance to enjoy infinitely greater happiness in Heaven if he did the reasonable thing: simply act in accordance with God's will. With all this in mind, God's anger with Adam and Eve for giving in to temptation was perfectly justified.

Throughout the Old Testament, God's anger is kindled, yes. But why? Because of the ingratitude of His people: He brought them out of Egypt, He gave them the Promised Land, He promised them good things if they only showed their love for Him and for their neighbour. Because of the utter foulness of deeds and words and thoughts, murders, rapes, promiscuity, drunkeness, thievery, deceit...

It still goes on today.

Hissy fit? If anything, I think God has shown unimaginable restraint. :eek:

We shouldn't be surprised that God was angry when man turned his back on Him after God gave him everything he could ever need: life, health, a woman (Eve), the most beautiful garden, plenty of good food, dominion over the beasts/birds/fish God created (imagine - dominion?!), and the chance to enjoy infinitely greater happiness in Heaven if he did the reasonable thing: simply act in accordance with God's will. With all this in mind, God's anger with Adam and Eve for giving in to temptation was perfectly justified.

Throughout the Old Testament, God's anger is kindled, yes. But why? Because of the ingratitude of His people: He brought them out of Egypt, He gave them the Promised Land, He promised them good things if they only showed their love for Him and for their neighbour. Because of the utter foulness of deeds and words and thoughts, murders, rapes, promiscuity, drunkeness, thievery, deceit...

It still goes on today.

Hissy fit? If anything, I think God has shown unimaginable restraint. :eek:
    Repeat after me:
    Real World
    Pretend World
    Real World
    Pretend World
    Real world
    Pretend World
    Real World
    Pretend World
    Real World
    Pretend World
    Real world
    Pretend World

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

Religion? If any tries to tell me they are a just bloody religion - they are blind.
    They are a bloody business corporation in poor disguise - infected with the worst of the worse!

I wonder what interest rate Jesus would get at the Vatican Bank.

Birroc wrote: »
    I dont think he would be welcomed

Birroc wrote: »

The only rate he would see - would be his blood rate going up!
    Didn't he throw a wobblers supposedly over money lenders!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

We shouldn't be surprised that God was angry when man turned his back on Him after God gave him everything he could ever need: life, health, a woman (Eve), the most beautiful garden, plenty of good food, dominion over the beasts/birds/fish God created (imagine - dominion?!),
    He didn't give us dominion over Bacteria and virus, that was sly in fairness bit two faced if you ask me, distract us with the fluffy bunnies while he's giving us herpes on the sly, we hadn't a clue what was going on for millennia.

ScumLord wrote: »
    He didn't give us dominion over Bacteria and virus, that was sly in fairness bit two faced if you ask me, distract us with the fluffy bunnies while he's giving us herpes on the sly, we hadn't a clue what was going on for millennia.
    Then he planted those dinosaur fossils in the rock layers to catch us off guard. Sneaky sneaky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Min wrote: »
    What actions?

They were not told of the abuse before 2005, so is that inaction?

There were told of the abuse after 2005 (read the Cloyne report) and they still did nothing.

It's not just Ireland. Africa is the new haven for Catholic sex abusers.

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/World/Story/A1Story20100427-212693.html

There were told of the abuse after 2005 (read the Cloyne report) and they still did nothing.

It's not just Ireland. Africa is the new haven for Catholic sex abusers.

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/World/Story/A1Story20100427-212693.html

I suspect its nothing new - thats its been going on for some time.
    They are only playing catch-up as regards whats been going on - meanwhile who is in charge now in Rome?
    Only possibly the worst person possible sitting on the throne! But don't take my word for it...
    Circling the Wagons
    ...In 2010 it came to light that, while operating as John Paul's über-hit man, Pope Benedict (then Cardinal Ratzinger) had provided cover and protection to several of the worst predator priests. The scandal was now at the pope's door---exactly where it should have been many years earlier during John Paul's reign.

The Vatican's response was predictable. The hierarchy circled the wagons to defend pope and church from outside "enemies." The cardinals and bishops railed furiously at critics who "assault" the church and, in the words of the archbishop of Paris, subject it to "a smear campaign."

Pedophiles and Popes: Doing the Vatican Shuffle: http://www.michaelparenti.org/VaticanShuffle.html

Of course the above is wasted on some - they don't want to read it or hear it - but pretend to carry on in ignorant bliss and re-spout the PR spin and propaganda of Rome.

Advertisement