Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2011 [*Spoilers*]

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Alesha Dixon has left SCD, rumour has it she's off to Britain's Got Talent. Surprised she's gone as I think she was the highest paid judge. So, who will replace her?

Whoooops! Meant to post link!

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/s107/britains-got-talent/news/a357987/alesha-dixon-to-join-britains-got-talent.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Wow didnt expect that
    Karen Hardy should be a judge

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That wouldn't be a loss- I never rated Alesha much as a judge!

To be fair to her she has a great personality and I can see why SCD wanted her to become part of the show, as she was excellent as a contestant, but the judging role did not suit her. Hooking up with Cowell could be a great move for her, she would've been a fool to turn it down. Good luck to her.

flutegirl wrote: »
    To be fair to her she has a great personality and I can see why SCD wanted her to become part of the show, as she was excellent as a contestant, but the judging role did not suit her. Hooking up with Cowell could be a great move for her, she would've been a fool to turn it down. Good luck to her.
    Yes, I totally agree. She seems lovely, and her and Bruno together are great, but the other three judge's experience just shows up her lack of technical knowledge sometimes. And she gives waaay too many 10's!

I think she would be good on BGT actually. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Happy she is gone but mad James and Ola have been sacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

I agree. James was one of my favourite proffessionals and totally hot too!!!

Have they definitely been sacked or just off the tour?
    I like James too- him and Brendan seem like real live wires!

I still miss Ian Waite though. :(

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    I like dancing on ice, but it's not the same as strictly :(
    I don't think the professionals get to choreograph their own routines- and we see a lot of Torvill and Dean behind the scenes, meaning the pros aren't the same big characters as they are on Strictly- in SCD, who I want to win is based as much on the pro as the celeb! :o

Ian Waite is on the tour, could be looking good for him returning to the main show this year! :pac:

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    I like dancing on ice, but it's not the same as strictly :(
    I don't think the professionals get to choreograph their own routines- and we see a lot of Torvill and Dean behind the scenes, meaning the pros aren't the same big characters as they are on Strictly- in SCD, who I want to win is based as much on the pro as the celeb! :o
    That's one of the reasons I'm not fussed about dancing on ice. I wish the professionals could choreograph the routines as I don't feel Torvill an Dean do the best for the celebrities sometimes .

Yaaay Ian on the tour. Now If they bought back Matt Cutler I'd be even happier:)

I really doubt that would happen- it would be a total farce!!! :eek:

Who's heading to the tour this month apart from myself and Snoopy?!!! ;)

Who's heading to the tour this month apart from myself and Snoopy?!!! ;)
    Not sure if I'm gonna be able to make it. Might Have to work :(

Not sure if I'm gonna be able to make it. Might Have to work :(

Oh, that's a shame. It was looking very dodgy there for me as well at one point as we have a load of training coming up at work, but luckily it's the day before and then the following week, otherwise I wouldn't have gone. It must be cheaper to book the 02 during the week :confused:

Work has to come first at the moment with the way things are.

Yea I've had time off sick already and it's review time for us so trying not to take anymore time off :(

Yea I've had time off sick already and it's review time for us so trying not to take anymore time off :(

Will you be able to sell the ticket, do you think?

Any luck Snoopy, have you got work on the Wednesday? I've taken the days as holiday but they haven't been signed off as yet...

• Advertisement

I wont be able to make it :mad:
    Hope you have a great time.

Ahh, that's a shame, midweek is not a good time for any gig, hopefully it will beon at the weekend next year. Let me know if you want a t-shirt or a programme or something, will send it on to you. :)

Ahh, that's a shame, midweek is not a good time for any gig, hopefully it will beon at the weekend next year. Let me know if you want a t-shirt or a programme or something, will send it on to you. :)
    Robbie savage please :)

Will do my best ;)

Will do my best ;)
    How did you get on? Is Robbie in the post :)

How did you get on? Is Robbie in the post :)

Couldn't find a box big enough!! First chance I've had to come online since I got back this afternoon. Ah, but it was an excellent show. I had very good seats, front and centre, 4th row. The stage was very near. Kate Thornton was hosting, she's excellent, much better than Zoe Ball and would make an excellent presenter of ITT if Claudia does not return. Robbie danced first and slipped at the beginning, the guys were out at the interval checking the stage. Anyway, he was dancing with Katia and was very good. Did the cha cha I think, I took photos but they're not the best, will have a look through them and post up. I took them with phone, forgot the camera :( But they've all really improved since the tv show finished up.

And Nancy can dance! She was partnered with Artem, did the Argentine Tango first which was pretty good.

But the highlight was after all the couples had danced twice and the results were being counted. Everybody was out dancing, all the couples, Kate, Bruno, len and Craig, and it was brilliant. Craig and Bruno can move! Hayley Sanderson was singing Born This Way, she was excellent.

And Ian waite was there to partner Natalie, really good to see him back proper!

Mark Foster was excellent dancing with Natalie, again better than on the show, and has the most amazing body.

I can see why there's no matinee show as the script is very 'Carry On SCD!' full of double entendres, but very, very funny.

The show was definately better than last year, but there was no one outstanding dance like last year, which was Kara and Artem, but an excellent show and brilliant seats. Oh yeah, the end of Robbie's firsts dance he gave one of the girls in the front row a kiss, think she had a heart attack! :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2134833/Strictly-Come-Dancing-2012-Darcey-Bussell-signs-100-000-deal-replace-Alesha-Dixon-panel.html

Think the bbc have missed a real opportunity to sign up a celebrity to liven it up. One of the former dancers, like Karen or Camilla, would've been a better option if they wanted to go the dancer route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I think she will be good, she is very funny at times. I cannot stand Karen Hardy, she would be hard to listen all the time and Camilla god no way.

I think this is a good move.
    I thought when she guest judged she was very good, and at least like Len she will be able to give technical judging.
    I couldnt stand Camilla, thought she was such a sap!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement