Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Free Money Betting Superthread 2011/12

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Great game and good result for me - for once. :D

IRE%2BVS%2BITALY.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

http://www.oddschecker.com/rugby-union/internationals/rugby-world-cup

Interesting to see the differences in the match prices with the bookmakers in the 3 competitive quarter finals. Money to be made as long as you have multiple accounts.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

176597.JPG

Ireland 12/1 with PP but you can them at 16.5/1 on Betfair!

9/1 is a ridiculously low price for England.

Just gone with Australia by -1. No matter what team PDV puts out I reckon the Boks are on a hiding to nothing. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Ireland -2 @ 10/11
    England -3 @ 10/11
    Australia scr @ 10/11

Treble.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

MungBean wrote: »
    Ireland -2 @ 10/11
    England -3 @ 10/11
    Australia scr @ 10/11

Treble.

added bnz to that argies have been bad

double on eng and kiwis comes in at 4/1 at the mo . good value imo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Presumably that's a double on them both beating the cap?

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Presumably that's a double on them both beating the cap?

yep should have posted that

New Zealand (-26.0)

England (-4.0)

Not sure how thrilled I'd be about that NZ cap. If England win I think they'll do so handily enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

I fancy the Boks to do it. Two important things swing it for me. Firstly, they have probably the best kicker in the tournament in Morne Steyn and Australia don't even know who their kicker is let alone have a solid one. Secondly, this is cup rugby. It's going to get dragged into a dog fight and I can see that little bit of naivety in Australia in terms of dragging out a win and playing the smarter rugby. John Smit knows how to win and how to lead a team. Neither side have set the world on fire so far and I think it's going to be a very close match.

Ireland, England, SA and NZ comes in at 5/1.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

GerM wrote: »
    I fancy the Boks to do it. Two important things swing it for me. Firstly, they have probably the best kicker in the tournament in Morne Steyn and Australia don't even know who their kicker is let alone have a solid one. Secondly, this is cup rugby. It's going to get dragged into a dog fight and I can see that little bit of naivety in Australia in terms of dragging out a win and playing the smarter rugby. John Smit knows how to win and how to lead a team. Neither side have set the world on fire so far and I think it's going to be a very close match.

Ireland, England, SA and NZ comes in at 5/1.

I think I'll wait until I see the Oz team before making any predictions. I agree with what you say but OZ beat SA in SA in the Tri Nations. This would have been a near if not full first team for the Boks at the time but the Aussies even started winning scrums in the game! Granted it was effectively the Boks first game of the international season as compared to the Aussies third or fourth.

SA do look like they will have more firepower (possibly even better players on the bench than in the starting team) than OZ what with Hougaard, Bismark, and Alberts.

Argentina at +26 though in my mind is great odds. I can see NZ having to work hard to beat them. The Argies will have had two hard fought games whereas the Kiwis will have only had possibly 12 min where the result of the game was in any doubt from the French game. Also when I hear the Argies saying they are going to have a cut off the Kiwis up front they actually will. It's not just idle talk!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

The weather will be a big factor for this game.
    If its dry I'd fancy Australia to wni it but if its wet I would'nt back them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Going big on Irl - 2. Evens

And following Frankie Sheahan on Irl -1, Eng -4, SA +1, Arg +27 @ 15's, cheeky acc!

wales gone to 6/1 , they have cost me this tournament :mad:

11 euro lost on Ireland. :(

(Although I'm sure others have lost more)

Gone for France at 13/8

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

on france 9/5....value

Also got on France to win. Looking good so far.

Swings and roundabouts this morning but it could have been worse. I've thrown the winnings (?) on Munster by more than 6 tonight. :(

• Advertisement

It's been fun Paddy, made a profit of €110 in the last months. But sometimes we have to move on to pastures new (i.e. Betfair) where conditions are better (i.e. better odds)

So €30 stuck into betfair and €10 on Munster at 1.51. The potential profit, €5.10, is subject to 5% commission but it's still far better payout than PP. I've left a tenner in paddypower in case they've any specials on, bar that I don't see any benefit to staying there over a betting exchange like betfair.

Laying Wales looks tempting at 1.85ish.

It's been fun Paddy, made a profit of €110 in the last months. But sometimes we have to move on to pastures new (i.e. Betfair) where conditions are better (i.e. better odds)

So €30 stuck into betfair and €10 on Munster at 1.51. The potential profit, €5.10, is subject to 5% commission but it's still far better payout than PP. I've left a tenner in paddypower in case they've any specials on, bar that I don't see any benefit to staying there over a betting exchange like betfair.

Benefits to having both (and indeed even more, though I don't).

Better odds on betfair and ability to lay is quite nice, but you're reliant on people laying markets for them to even exist. Much wider choice of bets on PP

Gone for a French win tomorrow at 6/5, so that will probably ensure a Welsh victory. I have zero interest in soccer but still couldn't resist a punt on Armenia to win the other night - between having their goalie sent off and an own goal...I'm jinxed lately. I think to ensure an AB victory on Sunday I'll have to bet the kitchen sink on the Aussies. :D

wales gone from -3 to +9 , after red card

There is a God after all! Money from PP and France in the final. :D

There is a God after all! Money from PP and France in the final. :D

hope frogs turn up next week have them at 16/1 :)

duckysauce wrote: »
    hope frogs turn up next week have them at 16/1 :)

Hope you aren't going to lose too much so. :D

Backed France at 5.9 (only 5.0 or 4/1 on PP) to win the comp. I'm hoping the odds will shorten after tommorrow, then I'll lay them at lower odds. I reckon if Australia win the semi, the odds on France will definitely shorten.

• Advertisement

Hope you aren't going to lose too much so. :D

lol there will be more wc controversy tomorrow, and the word all blacks will be said alot ;)

Advertisement