Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

gudede wrote: »
    I just went for a draw at half time with Stan James at 6/5...I just hope nobody scores now :o

ARG!!!! They have the second half been the highest scoring half at 6/5, that could be better

No joy but I tried :mad:

Thanks for contacting us. An operator will be with you shortly...

[Denis] Hello, Welcome to Stan James Live Support, how may I help you?
    [gudede] Hi Denis. I am just wondering why my bet last night was void??
    [Denis] one moment please and I'll take a look
    [gudede] thanks
    [Denis] the game it self was only the final 15 minutes as they had already played the 1st 75 minutes the night before when the match was abandoned. They came back last night to play the remaining 15 minutes. Unfortunately we had built the game as a full 90 minute match. Apologies for the confusion.
    [gudede] That's incorrect. Sure there was a goal scored on the 59th minute. So your reason can not be correct.
    [Denis] sorry that was final 50 minutes not 15 minutes - I miss heard my colleague
    [gudede] So the first half was still played???
    [Denis] no - only 5 minutes of it - the previous 40 had already been played the night before
    [gudede] What would of happened if someone scored?? I wouldn't of got my refund. The bet was a valid bet, I backed a draw at half time and there was a draw at half time. Last night they played out the remainder of the first half and then played the second half. You can't just voild the bet because ye say YE made a mistake. I make mistakes by backing losers and I don't get my money back
    [Denis] all bets would have been made void even if there had been a score. We would not have a market on the half time draw result at 6/5 when there was only 5 minutes of play.
    [gudede] Where is this written in the terms and conditions that ye can do this???
    [Denis]
    RULE 2: Conditions of Acceptance

5. Stan James shall use reasonable endeavours to ensure that content on the Website and information given by the Call Centre is accurate. However, should an error occur, Stan James cannot accept responsibility and reserves the right to cancel obvious errors.

[gudede] http://www.stanjames.com/help/d.asp?show=standard-terms_sports
    [Denis] I understand your disappointment however, your bet will remain cancelled.
    [gudede] I can't see that on this page
    [Denis]
    8. Acceptance of Bets

8.1 Stan James reserves the right to decline all, or part, of any Bet requested but will endeavour to always give an explanation as to why.

[gudede] 8.2 Stan James only accepts Bets made on the Website, via the Call Centre or via Mobile Telephone
    [gudede] Sure ye put up the market and I had a bet. It's a joke.
    [gudede] 8.7 Stan James shall use reasonable endeavours to ensure that content on the Website and information given by the Call Centre is accurate. However, should an error occur, Stan James cannot accept responsibility and reserves the right to correct obvious errors. If any bet is accepted in error containing an incorrect price, bets will stand at the correct price. This rule applies to both pre-event and in-play markets. If any bet is accepted in error containing an incorrect handicap, spread, or total, bets will be void irrespective of the outcome.

[gudede] What about that rule???
    [Denis] There is no correct price - as the 6/5 half time result is for 45 minutes not for 5 minutes - I can only guess but it would be 100's to 1 - Again I apologise for your disappointment however, for reasons I have already explained all bets have been made void. This was are only option.
    [gudede] What a joke, there would be a price and it would be nowhere near 1/100. Can you lodge my money back into my bank account and close my account. The facts of the matter are......Stan James but up a market and I backed on it, it is no my fault if ye priced up the market wrong. Ye play people a lot of money to find errors like this and ye fail at your job. I can understand ye cancelling the bet, but I placed it in good faith and not even to be given a free bet of something in a way to offer an apologie is a joke.
    [Denis] I have sent your balance of €100.00 back to your card and closed your account as requested. Again, I apologise for you disappointment but voiding the bets was are only option.
    [gudede] There is always other options and abit of customer service/care wouldn't go a miss from Stan James. I'm not blaming you I know your just doing your job, but Stan James could of handled this alot better. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭netnerd

We don't really have a leg to stand on here.

Sometimes these things slip through the net - obviously not on this occasion :(

Its fairly shocking that they didn't know the situation until the match had kicked off though.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

inforfun wrote: »
    Missed all of this and when reading all this, i didnt miss much.

Next time something like this happens, just to test the bookies, place a tiny bet on something that sure cant win. In this case over 2,5 goals at HT for example.
    See if they void that too.
    Because that is always the question when things like this happen, would they void if the bet was lost.
    Only 1 way to find out i guess.

Read my earlier post, my brothers losing bet was refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Ah well, seemed a bit too good to be true. Good spot anyways but there is no come back on this as in fairness it was an invalid bet.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

frat wrote: »
    Read my earlier post, my brothers losing bet was refunded.
    I read that, just curious about the various bookies doing that or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

anyone else think this is a decent enough bet for this weekend :

Liverpool
    Man Utd
    Newcastle
    Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Approx 7/1

Liverpool at home to Swansea (should - in theory - beat them 1-0 or 2-0 Suarez doing his bit and scoring a brace)

Man Utd at home to Sunderland (possible 2-1 or 3-1 - I do see Sunderland scoring for some reason...Hernandez seems to be Utd best hope for a goal at the moment - unless Fergie releases Rooney from midfield)

Newcastle at home to Everton (At the moment Newcastle are scoring well and everton not in form at the moment 2-0 I think)

Arsenal at home to West Brom (RVP scoring well and Arsenal back on form - I'm saying 2-0 or 3-0)

Chelsea Away to Blackburn (Surely chelsea will want to whallop someone after last weekend - and last night only getting a draw AVB will not be happy - dont be surprised if it ends out 3-0 but realistically they'll prob get 2-1 or 2-0)

(Price from PP)

*I know sods law says that at least one of them will feck it up - but I think its worth €20 or €50

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭fat tony9

mine still pending on pp.. will i get it refunded i wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

fat tony9 wrote: »

Id get on to live help quicksmart. At least you'll know whats goin on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Yoshie.

Guess you lot are on about the Santos Laguna game.
    I had over 2.5 goals in the game in an acca which they voided after it finished 2-0.
    Guess they will void bets even if they lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

2 singles:

Ajax to win by 2 or more goals

CSKA Moscow DNB

and a treble of:
    Bayern
    Ajax
    Inter

I've said it many times already but Lille are massive chokers and there's no way they can beat Inter tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

My mates losing bet for the overs was voided with Bet365 on that game too.

A stupid mistake to put it up but if they calculated odds based on 90 minutes and the game was not a full 90 minute game your bet obviously isn't going to be paid out unless they make another stupid mistake in doing so. Their terms and conditions are carefully worded for events like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

€20 on United -1, Leeds and Derby.

€10 on United -2, Man City and Benfica.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

Ya my 4 bets were refunded with 365 last night...knew it was too good to be true. Anyway, what happened with Crystal Palace a few months ago...how did ye all make money? looked for it here but couldnt find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Doumbia fgs 6/1 on bet365

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Get onto live and asked for it to be settled as soon as, tell them your waiting on the funds for more betting,

Didn't really expect much from this in fairness lads, the odds were based on 90 minute game you cant really blame them tbf.

But its thread likes this that spike the selections and potentially alert the bookies to their mistake unfortunately, it's fine that maybe 15-20 of us boardsies got on it, but there could of been another 100 - 200 guests tailing this thread too choosing selections from it.

Lads what happens if ye forgot to write the odds on the bookies docket?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Lads what happens if ye forgot to write the odds on the bookies docket?

What was it for?

Depends really if it was somethin like a horse where the odds change quickly then they can just give you the SP,football odds I think they can be fairer on.

If it was from a coupon in shop,thoose are covered by T+C's anyway so they dont have to give you the odds stated

Gillington wrote: »
    What was it for?

Depends really if it was somethin like a horse where the odds change quickly then they can just give you the SP,football odds I think they can be fairer on.

If it was from a coupon in shop,thoose are covered by T+C's anyway so they dont have to give you the odds stated

CSKA draw odds were 9/4 at the time I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sboyle01

Bayern HT/FT 5/6

Bayern usually start strongly.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭netnerd

at the time the bet was translated, the current odds will be "stamped" on the selection, regardless of whether you wrote the price on the docket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

€10

Real madrid
    Ajax
    Leeds

Returns: €45.50

Looks a good solid bet, Touch wood

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mgray

and a treble of:
    Bayern
    Ajax
    Inter

I've said it many times already but Lille are massive chokers and there's no way they can beat Inter tonight.

Hope your right, gone for that aswell. Reckon the odds on Inter are too good to pass up..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Derek! wrote: »
    one part was Settled as a loser on ladbrokes, time to complain about how it should have been void :pac:
    Bets on PP are still pendin though :confused:
    refunded by Ladbrokes paid by PP at just after 2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Quick post about last nights fiasco on the 0-0 draw at Ht.

I backed HT 0-0 on 365.

My bets on this were voided.

Mailed them saying this is ridiculous my account will be closed and media informed.

Just got an email back now from them explaining what happened and why the bets were voided and offered me a €200 no restrictions bonus and asked me to mail back stating my intentions.

Needless to say I accepted this offer and am so surprised and impressed by bet365.

The €200 has just been credited to my account as I write this. Now what to put it on????

Derek! wrote: »
    refunded by Ladbrokes paid by PP at just after 2
    which exact bet did pp pay out on? i got refund but had to go to live help. sound- wuda lost anyway!

which exact bet did pp pay out on? i got refund but had to go to live help. sound- wuda lost anyway!
    I was on the HT/FT markets, it was draw/away they paid out on but funny enough they refunded draw/home :confused: I had draw/draw on Ladbrokes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

ft9 wrote: »
    Quick post about last nights fiasco on the 0-0 draw at Ht.

I backed HT 0-0 on 365.

My bets on this were voided.

Mailed them saying this is ridiculous my account will be closed and media informed.

Just got an email back now from them explaining what happened and why the bets were voided and offered me a €200 no restrictions bonus and asked me to mail back stating my intentions.

Needless to say I accepted this offer and am so surprised and impressed by bet365.

The €200 has just been credited to my account as I write this. Now what to put it on????

How much did you put on? I stuck 100 on the 0-0 HT I'll be emailing them if thats the result you got. Fair play to them.

emailed em there now. well worth annoying em for that kinda money!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

couple hundred

• Advertisement

ft9 wrote: »
    couple hundred
    Sweet result off bet365 considerin what PP would have said

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement