Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do chat up lines work?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

"Your name must be Gillette, 'cause you're the best a man can get." 70% of the time, it works every time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Mapck

You have beautiful eyes, they would look great in a jar on my shelf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Rants in my pants

If a woman is attracted to you, you can get away with almost anything.

If a woman in not attracted to you, any hint you are attracted to her makes you a creep.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

...and what did she say?

'I love that accent'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

'I love that accent'

That's hardly a line

• Advertisement

Really, what do you think it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

"Do you wanna come here often?" *point at cock*

Really, what do you think it is?

An opinion,a compliment

What is the difference between a compliment and a chat up line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Do chat up lines work?

I'll use this as a chat up line I reckon. Thanks OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Yes they work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

I have a friend who's an ok looking guy. He's ex army, well travelled, speaks a few languages, keeps himself fit.

He's NOT spectacular looking, but he's extremely confident in both himself & his abilities.

I've been out with him & he's used this technique several times. He spots a girl he likes, buys a vodka & diet coke, walks up to her & says the same line every time...

"Hi, I'm (his name). Hope you don't mind but I spotted you earlier & I wanted to talk to you but I couldn't get away from my friends (nods in general direction). I wanted to buy you a drink so here you go, wether you drink it or not is up to you. Here's my number if you want to catch up with me some time..."

He then hands her the drink & a slip of paper with his name & number written on the back of it & folded over & he walks away.

Usually within about fifteen minutes his phone will ring. Sometimes the following day. What always happens though is a near perfect getting laid record.

Barney Stensen could be based on him. His number is written on the back of this:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

iMax wrote: »
    I have a friend who's an ok looking guy. He's ex army, well travelled, speaks a few languages, keeps himself fit.

He's NOT spectacular looking, but he's extremely confident in both himself & his abilities.

I've been out with him & he's used this technique several times. He spots a girl he likes, buys a vodka & diet coke, walks up to her & says the same line every time...

"Hi, I'm (his name). Hope you don't mind but I spotted you earlier & I wanted to talk to you but I couldn't get away from my friends (nods in general direction). I wanted to buy you a drink so here you go, wether you drink it or not is up to you. Here's my number if you want to catch up with me some time..."

He then hands her the drink & a slip of paper with his name & number written on the back of it & folded over & he walks away.

Usually within about fifteen minutes his phone will ring. Sometimes the following day. What always happens though is a near perfect getting laid record.

Barney Stensen could be based on him. His number is written on the back of this:

he shouldnt start on a lie ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

I don't think he's after a long term relationship. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

How much does a polar bear weigh?

... Enough to break the ice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

Confidence and strength works for men.

Sexiness and minor flirtatiousness works for women.

There you go, now go forth and get laid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭twinytwo

tut tut i expected better...

"Sorry love..* hold out cloth*... can you tell me if this smells like chloroform"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 lisanolan_2204

Sky King wrote: »
    'Know how I know we're going to have sex later? ......[whispers] Coz I'm stronger than you.'

I have heard second hand anecdotal evidence of that ^ working.

That is brilliant...that would definitely make me laugh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 lisanolan_2204

"How would you like to be the receiver of my child benefit cheque?" I actually just walked away :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

I once said to someone

Do you know you are more beautiful then what is obvious, that stopped her in her tracks, it worked a treat, but to be honest I really meant it, we were getting on really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭07438991

Try this one...

Man: Hi, what do you think of my new watch? (showing her any old tat on your wrist), not only does it tell me the time, but it also tells me what's going on around me...

Woman: Oh really..., so what's it saying now?

Man: It's telling me that your not wearing any knickers...

Woman: Oh but I am...

Man: Sorry, (taking off the watch and pretending to adjust the time), it must be a hour fast... ;)

Works every time!!! :P

07438991 wrote: »
    Try this one...

Man: Hi, what do you think of my new watch? (showing her any old tat on your wrist), not only does it tell me the time, but it also tells me what's going on around me...

Woman: Oh really..., so what's it saying now?

Man: It's telling me that your not wearing any knickers...

Woman: Oh but I am...

Man: Sorry, (taking off the watch and pretending to adjust the time), it must be a hour fast... ;)

Works every time!!! :P

why post the same thing three times?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

4leto wrote: »
    I once said to someone

Do you know you are more beautiful then what is obvious, that stopped her in her tracks, it worked a treat, but to be honest I really meant it, we were getting on really well.

I don't get it. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭07438991

why post the same thing three times?

Wanted to share the love... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I don't usually use chat up lines, if I'm in college and see the look of a girl I like I would wait until I see her on her own and go up and start talking to her. ''Sorry can I talk to you for a minute'' usually does the trick and from there just whack out the jokes and charm :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Chat up lines never really work, unless they're done in a funny break the ice way.

The funniest (in the not-gonna-work way) I've had lately was a guy outside a bar at 3am who kept telling me I had the ''most mesmorising eyes...seriously,look at me for a second..WOW!!you're eyes are amazing''. Kept at it for ages. Poor guy prob couldn't see straight he was so hammered-come to think of it I probably looked like that 4-eyed chick from the maccy d ads..no wonder he was so mesmorized!
    I also get 'you look like a young Sandra Bullock' used as a chat up line a lot...as lovely as she is,it doesnt work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Azureus wrote: »
    I also get 'you look like a young Sandra Bullock' used as a chat up line a lot...as lovely as she is,it doesnt work!!

Hi, can I talk to you for a minute? :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

4leto wrote: »
    I once said to someone

that doesn't even make any sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

R0ot wrote: »
    How much does a polar bear weigh?

... Enough to break the ice.

That's my line!!It works!!

Advertisement