Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,735 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ruud van Nistelrooy retires and Del Piero also gone at Juventus - two legends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ruud van Nistelrooy retires and Del Piero also gone at Juventus - two legends

Inzaghi, Nesta, Seedorf, Zambrotta and Gattuso also gone at Milan....sniff.
    Big Eck is gone from Villa doubt there is even one Villa fan upset at that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

sure everyone knew 3 months ago that he was getting the sack at the end of the season, no matter the outcome. that team and staff needs a complete overhaul as half of the players dont give a shít about the team any more and are just collecting their wages.

they played their best football of the season when keano was with them though funnily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Textbook missile dropkick, great selling:

http://imgur.com/8IDif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Considering the conditions the landing was very good. Could have gone face first into the truck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Barton is obviously stupid though, ''who should I try and get sent off with me. I know I will have a kick at the little foreign lad, he will fight back''.

No Joey, he will fall and roll like he caught on fire.
    He seemed to back away from Kompany VERY quickly. Obviously realised he wasnt the guy to mess with.

Galway vs Roscommon kicking of the 2012 GAA Championship on rte. At least it ain't the UFC this year, NOBODY enjoys those games.

UFC does not involved boring grappling contests for you non-GAA fans (shame on ye BTW)

Just back from seeing the Dictator. Pretty funny film I must say!

Was expecting it to be like Borat or Bruno though, in that they were mockumentarys, but this was a more traditional comedy film. Still good enough.

Kenny gone at Liverpool

• Advertisement

Kenny gone at Liverpool

Just heard that Kenny Dawgleash was sacked from a illiterate neighbour. I didn't want him to stay but now i'm worried about who we'll hire.
    Anyone who quips Big Eck or Roy Bhoy f**k off

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

What about Big Sam!!? ;)

:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Martinez is favorite for the job.

Disappointed he's gone, tbh. He was doing a good job messing up Liverpool :P

What about Big Sam!!? ;)

Hope he stays down in the Championship at West Ham and meets with Steve Kean again on the sideline not in a courtroom.
    Roberto Martinez... A pure flavour of the month mickey mouse manager but we aren't going to attract any top manager we need a manager thats young and on the up or a manager needing to rebuild his image.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

McLeash with Kean as his assistant ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Doesnt matter who Liverpool appoint, they'll stay a mediocre midtable team for life, unless they get some Saudi Sugardaddies to throw away his Billions..

GTR63 wrote: »
    Just heard that Kenny Dawgleash was sacked from a illiterate neighbour. I didn't want him to stay but now i'm worried about who we'll hire.
    Anyone who quips Big Eck or Roy Bhoy f**k off

Rafa Benitez or Andre Villas-Boas linked already :p

Liverpool need a Wes Hoolahan. Make a nice 4-4-2 diamond, buy a better striker than Carroll and maybe try and sell him considering he's improving now. Maybe a Darren Bent or a Jermain Defoe level proven Premier League goalscorer.

And also ban posts and crossbars.

Rafa Benitez or Andre Villas-Boas linked already :p

Still love Rafa but he lost the dressing room when he left and it'd be a bit Kenny 2.0 in the sense you shouldn't go back, the media hate him too. AVB, doesn't he still wear those thin-foil hats when giving interviews?
    I don't know who I want tbh, i'm getting a feeling that we should just build a new stadium and if a top 4 finish happens its a bonus.

Put a quid on AVB at 12/1.

• Advertisement

Did Hodgson just say Ambrosini and Pirlo were playing up against Chamberlain at the emirates vs Arsenal what a total twat. It clearly was Albertini and Boban ;-D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Martinez actually has a pretty good record as a manager.

I think Liverpool suffer from a lack of direction. Kenny always picked a team to play the opposition, they don't have a set A game to suit their own players. That's why they did so well in the knockout competitions. If they had an A game, a set style that the players know and get used to they would get far more league points.

Martinez has a proven record of doing this. He started the Swansea story off in League One, got them promoted and did well in the championship.

With Wigan he kept them up time after time. He has found a way to play that suits his players and achieved it with style this year.

I think he would continue to push the hard work ethic the Liverpool players have but also create a style and method to play the game that will reap results.

He understands the fundamental principles of the game well and is exactly what Liverpool need imo.

I hope he stays well away from them:P

Hes available, and takes no shít, and would probably do a better job than Kenny

mick-mccarthy-179742624.jpg

MON is also being linked now.

Mic.gif

AVB is now favorite on Paddy Power at 2/1. Wish I had put more on him at 12/1 earlier :P

Roberto Martinez.....sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Has anyone ever played the game where you write down as many of the 50 states of America as you can, but you only have 10 minutes.

Thought it would be easy being a Pro Wrestling fan, but I only got 27.

Try it, but don't cheat! No peeking on the Internet beforehand and don't look at my answers until you've done it :cool:
    new york
    washington dc - not a state
    washington
    ohio
    massichusstes

florida
    california
    south carolina
    north carolina
    pennsylvannia

oregon
    texas
    oklahoma
    hawaii
    illinois

connecticut
    north dakota
    south dakota
    arizona
    maine

new jersey
    nevada
    georgia
    tennesee
    alabama

michigan
    colorado

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I got:
    New York
    Colorado
    New Jersey
    Maine
    Maryland
    Nevada
    Virginia
    Washington
    Conneticut
    Rhode Island
    Florida
    North Dakota
    South Dakota
    North Carolina
    South Carolina
    Texas
    Oklahoma
    Missisipi
    Missouri
    Minnisota
    Arkansas
    California
    Delaware
    New Mexico
    Iowa
    Illinois
    Indiana
    Massachusetts
    Ohio
    Hawaii
    Alaska
    Idaho
    Montana
    Wyoming
    Louisiana
    Arizona

And then I couldn't think of any more. Can't believe I missed
    Pennsylvania
    and then the others were a bit more obscure I guess. Still, 36 isn't too bad I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Ah yeah I was gonna say there isn't a north and south
    virginia
    but 36 is very good!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Charisteas wrote: »
    Ah yeah I was gonna say there isn't a north and south
    virginia
    but 36 is very good!
    Yeah, I'm not sure why I thought there was 2 of them, but it sounded right at the time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement