Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Dont lie Cian, you wont :P

Ah come on some encouragement could go a long way now:D
    In fairness it is the leaving cert and I hope I do cop the fúck on in the coming days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Dont lie Cian, you wont :P

And he will still do better than us all ;_;

Togepi wrote: »
    LIES!! You spoke a sentence of Irish on Skype last week. :P

Cárbh as duit?....
    Yeah I'd say that's me sorted:cool:

I don't really worry much about Irish and Maths and stuff like that though.

I should be working on my weaker subjects like French and Applied Maths.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

cmon lads lets all outdo cian ;)
    ...by getting 630 :rolleyes:

Namlub wrote: »
    And he will still do better than us all ;_;

Lies! There are some very smart people lurking around here >_>

This is an odd thing to say but I wish the whole Easter break I was just in school, that way I'd be working as usual. I suppose I'm much better for it in a school environment, it's where I thrive:D.

• Advertisement

But dya not love the feeling of getting something done and feeling like you might just have gained 5 points? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

But dya not love the feeling of getting something done and feeling like you might just have gained 5 points? :P

Or when you do a long question, flip out the marking scheme and correct it with a red pen and write a 40/40 in big red numbers and a massive circle with a grade: A1 and think youre the smartest person ever :P

subz3r0 wrote: »
    Or when you do a long question, flip out the marking scheme and correct it with a red pen and write a 40/40 in big red numbers and a massive circle with a grade: A1 and think youre the smartest person ever :P
    YES :P
    But for most of my subjects I cant do that because the marking schemes arent specific :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

How many honours is everyone doing? just wondering :).

I'm hoping for good grades in
    Maths
    Physics
    Irish
    Business

Slightly more dodgy subjects will be
    Accounting
    English
    Applied Maths

And then I don't really consider French much when it comes to points.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I am doing 6 honours :/ Ordinary level maths.
    Hoping to do best in Geography,English and Irish
    Worried about chemistry but hopefully will do well in Biology and Spanish.

Eathrin wrote: »
    I'm hoping for good grades in
    Maths
    Physics
    Irish
    Business

Slightly more dodgy subjects will be
    Accounting
    English
    Applied Maths

And then I don't really consider French much when it comes to points.
    :)

Wow 8 thats a lot how do you manage doing 8 honours?
    is it for like medicine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

7 honours :)

ah lads i'm wrecked :O but no work till friday :D
    I was speaking irish in work for about 4 hours today , even to the customers :rolleyes: I've got this oral sorted :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

6 and 0 ordinary. :D

(Not having any extra subjects for the win!) :P

I'm only doing 4 honours , geography , business , english , economics . It's just maths and french is ordinary. I don't do Irish as I've never learnt it before.
    The most points I need is like 340 , or 380 if I achieve the grades for the uni in England I applied to :).

Wow 8 thats a lot how do you manage doing 8 honours?
    is it for like medicine?

No silly, I'm not looking to do medicine next year, in fact the points I need for a maths or physics course are relatively low, therefore I'm not exactly too worried about getting my course.
    The only thing I'm worried about is not doing as well as I'm capable and then regretting it afterwards.

I don't think it's too much to handle. I know a lot of people doing 8 honours.
    It's not too much to manage for me, I'm lucky that Mathsy subjects come quite naturally to me, so I don't give them a second glance, it's almost as if I'm doing less subjects. Fortunate is all I am, I know a lot of people devote a lot of their time to maths.

5 Honours (English, Russian, Construction, Economics, Physics)

3 Ordinary (Maths, Irish, German)

LCVP.

So the most I can get is 570 :P

Togepi wrote: »
    6 and 0 ordinary. :D

(Not having any extra subjects for the win!) :P

I know it's good not having extra subjects. Last years LC I was worried about not having a 7th subject . This year, I'm glad I only have the 6 plus I have better subjects this time :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I'm doing 6 honours and pass irish, dropping to ordinary Irish was the best thing I ever did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Just catching up with Britains Got Talent there.
    This guy is hilarious , now I have that song in my head.

Hell yeah :) we were talking about this in work today :)
    Its brilliant :)

• Advertisement

Anyone have that one subject you are dreading? :/

Eathrin wrote: »
    No silly, I'm not looking to do medicine next year, in fact the points I need for a maths or physics course are relatively low, therefore I'm not exactly too worried about getting my course.
    The only thing I'm worried about is not doing as well as I'm capable and then regretting it afterwards.

I don't think it's too much to handle. I know a lot of people doing 8 honours.
    It's not too much to manage for me, I'm lucky that Mathsy subjects come quite naturally to me, so I don't give them a second glance, it's almost as if I'm doing less subjects. Fortunate is all I am, I know a lot of people devote a lot of their time to maths.

Oh right lol. Thats good then , I guess you'll have back ups as well and they'll take your best 6 :). Aw thats so lucky maths is like a foreign language to me , it takes me time to understand it fully. As long as you've done the best you can do in the 6 it should be fine :).

Hell yeah :) we were talking about this in work today :)
    Its brilliant :)

The ironic thing is I've actually lost my keys haha but i know they're somewhere.

David1994 wrote: »
    Anyone have that one subject you are dreading? :/

Maths , I hope I'll understand project maths and the paper 1 won't be ridiculously hard. I better get a C3 I need that for nearly all colleges I applied for apart from one.
    I'm not sure about economics I'll have a week in between to focus on only that so I'm sure I can do manage that.

Chemistry...God I am worrying about it so much :/ Spending a lot of time on it that I could be using on my strong subjects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

English and French, I need an A2/B1 in both but I think it will come down to the paper really in June.

Bricking English. Not that I'm bad but I'm afraid of underperforming big time due to stress and pressure.
    English in JC was by far my most stressful exam, so tiring too.

I do 7 honours, but I almost wish there were no extra maths points. I'd give my left arm for pass maths, or to understand honours like some of you guys do, but my ego wants the points :rolleyes:

I wish I did more languages as I'm aiming for A's in English, French and Irish, but I'm dreading history, oh god. Its almost definitely the one I wont be counting.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

I do 7 honours, but I almost wish there were no extra maths points. I'd give my left arm for pass maths, or to understand honours like some of you guys do, but my ego wants the points :rolleyes:

I wish I did more languages as I'm aiming for A's in English, French and Irish, but I'm dreading history, oh god. Its almost definitely the one I wont be counting.
    You're the exact same as me apart from history! :p it's one of my best subjects! Just aiming for a low C in honors maths. I'd be delighted with that!

• Advertisement

You're the exact same as me apart from history! :p it's one of my best subjects! Just aiming for a low C in honors maths. I'd be delighted with that!
    How do you do history?! Theres just so much in it :eek: and so many ways to ask it :(

I wanted a B3 and I was getting A1s in all my class tests, but they were nowhere near exam standard by the looks of it :rolleyes: I'd like a C1 but I'd be happy with a C3 or even a pass! :L

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement