Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

How many honours is everyone doing? just wondering :).

maths, applied maths, English Irish German and 3 sciences.

I want an A in everything except Irish to be honest :o
    so. ambitious.

I wanted to drop to pass Irish but it looks like I'll get a B in it at honours, might as well keep it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭galwaymusic

6 Honours
    2 Ordinary

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

How many honours is everyone doing? just wondering :).
    6! And pass Irish :D
    David1994 wrote: »
    Anyone have that one subject you are dreading? :/

Spanish :S and Music, I've been playing piano for nine years, but my practical isn't all that fantastic yet... And I'm rubbish at the listening paper. But i can probably improve on that between now and then. Hopefully :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

7 honours and ordinary French...

Dreading chemistry and absolutely ****ting Maths. All I want is a d3, that's all I want...

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

Oh how I would love a C1 in maths....but after two years of no homework/study in the subject, its highly unlikely. Got a D1 in the mocks....long gone is the memory of getting an A in in JC...if only i had the motivation I had back then :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Siobhnk wrote: »
    7 honours and ordinary French...

Dreading chemistry and absolutely ****ting Maths. All I want is a d3, that's all I want...

If you are borderline in Maths will you not drop back to Ordinary? You will still have 6 Honours. It's a bit risky if youre aiming for D3. I switched back to Ordinary for 6th Year and it was such a weight off my shoulders, I couldn't motivate myself enough to do Higher plus I got really bad headaches in that class :L

subz3r0 wrote: »
    If you are borderline in Maths will you not drop back to Ordinary? You will still have 6 Honours. It's a bit risky if youre aiming for D3. I switched back to Ordinary for 6th Year and it was such a weight off my shoulders, I couldn't motivate myself enough to do Higher plus I got really bad headaches in that class :L

Yeah but I need the points. Plus I could get a d2 or d1 if I work my arse off. See for the mocks I got a d1 I think in paper 2, I put all of my work into that. I miserably failed paper 1. It's not that hard to get better at paper 1 I think, I've been working on it and am getting there :) mocks put me off but I admit I didn't work for paper 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Patchy~ wrote: »
    You're the exact same as me apart from history! :p it's one of my best subjects! Just aiming for a low C in honors maths. I'd be delighted with that!
    How do you do history?! Theres just so much in it :eek: and so many ways to ask it :(

I wanted a B3 and I was getting A1s in all my class tests, but they were nowhere near exam standard by the looks of it :rolleyes: I'd like a C1 but I'd be happy with a C3 or even a pass! :L
    I dunno, I just really enjoy the subject so all the info goes straight in! :p
    I really hate the subject but them 25 extra points are just so appealing! Could come in very handy if a subject goes wrong on the day!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I didnt realize how much Irish history there was, hate it so much :pac:
    Definitely! Though I've always planned on counting maths anyway :P Dropping would mean no backup, I cant let myself do that :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Hey bros. I've done absolutely 'nout oday. gonna buy some markers and cycle round Derry vandalising stuff for a while, then go home and study like a good teenager :D oh, the joys of boredom...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I keep getting distracted today. Everytime I've been about to start something ends up distracting me. I'm starting at 3pm now and staying there for the rest of the evening, I have so much to do.

Has anyone deactivated their facebook?
    I was thinking of doing that. I will be from the month of May possibly, I don't really use it much anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I just signed out of the Facebook app on my iPod and I'm going to get rid of Twitter and maaaybe Boards, but I won't deactivate Facebook, it's nice to have it there to use once or twice a week (but hopefully not much more often). :)

I'm hoping I'll get more work done now that I'm finally moving on to French, seeing as it's my favourite subject. Hopefully! I really need to ace the oral, and I need to spend loads of time on Irish afterwards. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

ARGGHH...Chemistry why you so hard??!!

Togepi wrote: »
    I just signed out of the Facebook app on my iPod and I'm going to get rid of Twitter and maaaybe Boards, but I won't deactivate Facebook, it's nice to have it there to use once or twice a week (but hopefully not much more often). :)

I'm hoping I'll get more work done now that I'm finally moving on to French, seeing as it's my favourite subject. Hopefully! I really need to ace the oral, and I need to spend loads of time on Irish afterwards. :cool:

Bon! Je veut que vous fassiez beaucoup d'etudes pour votre epreuve orale francais, mais c'est un examen que je trouve difficile a etudier pour. Le seule facon qu'on peut preparer pour l'epreuve orale, c'est prendre lecons en deux avec un francophone (a mon avis). Comment avez-vous fait en votre mock examen? J'ai gagné un B1, et vivement le vrai examen, j'ai hate de le passer :D

Bon! Je veut que vous fassiez beaucoup d'etudes pour votre epreuve orale francais, mais c'est un examen que je trouve difficile a etudier pour. Le seule facon qu'on peut preparer pour l'epreuve orale, c'est prendre lecons en deux avec un francophone (a mon avis). Comment avez-vous fait en votre mock examen? J'ai gagné un B1, et vivement le vrai examen, j'ai hate de le passer :D

Eh bien, nous n'avons pas fait une examen blanche pour l'oral, malheureusement! Mais moi, je suis en train de redoubler cette année, et l'année dernière, j'ai reçu plus que 84% pour mon oral. :D Mais j'espère que j'améliorai mon résultat ce fois, car je voudrais bien recevoir un A1 dans cette matière. :)

Eh bien, nous n'avons pas fait une examen blanche pour l'oral, malheureusement! Mais moi, je suis en train de redoubler cette année, et l'année dernière, j'ai reçu plus que 84% pour mon oral. :D Mais j'espère que j'améliorai mon résultat ce fois, car je voudrais bien recevoir un A1 dans cette matière. :)

Alors, avec cette niveau de francais, il te faudra recevoir un A1! :pac: Hier soir j'ai regardé un film en Francais et tous les gens en ce film parlaient vite, tellement vite que sans les sous-titres, je serais perdu :P Mais malgré ca, j'adore le francais encore, c'est un bon langue. On doit l'adorer. Qu'est ce que tu voudrais etudier a la fac?

I'll miss you on the auld twitter :(

I was going to keep twitter as you can't get it back after deleting it. An just use it less not that I already do that. I use Facebook less but that's how I keep in touch with most people , I wonder how long I'd last I have deactivated it before it never lasts longer than a day lol.

Alors, avec cette niveau de francais, il te faudra recevoir un A1! :pac: Hier soir j'ai regardé un film en Francais et tous les gens en ce film parlaient vite, tellement vite que sans les sous-titres, je serais perdu :P Mais malgré ca, j'adore le francais encore, c'est un bon langue. On doit l'adorer. Qu'est ce que tu voudrais etudier a la fac?

Ha merci! Ah, je n'ai jamais regardé un film français, un jour, peut-être... :P Mais j'écoute de la radio française de temps en temps. Oui, j'adore la langue! Eh, je ne suis pas sur, car je voudrais faire la français, mais pas seulement! C'est trop difficile à décider. Et toi?

Siobhnk wrote: »
    I'll miss you on the auld twitter :(

I'll be back by tomorrow, if I even last that long. :P
    I was going to keep twitter as you can't get it back after deleting it. An just use it less not that I already do that. I use Facebook less but that's how I keep in touch with most people , I wonder how long I'd last I have deactivated it before it never lasts longer than a day lol.

I'm not deleting my Twitter, just the app! I can still log on if I'm at a computer. :D Ha, I lasted like six weeks last year, I was so proud. :pac: But yeah, it's how I keep in touch with most of my mates, so it's staying for now!

I cant remember do the Irish leamhthusicints have to be answered in your own words??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

David1994 wrote: »
    I cant remember do the Irish leamhthusicints have to be answered in your own words??
    As far as I know you can take the answer straight from the text but it would be best to put it in your own words if at all possible

Awhh yes!! :D Sound lads :P Thats fair handy now...

I forgot there's a lot to write in the business questions one full question 1 has taken like 5 pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I forgot there's a lot to write in the business questions one full question 1 has taken like 5 pages.

You're writing too much. Write 5 pages for each question and you'll find yourself run out of time unless you're a very fast writer. I would say 3 pages is more than enough for any question and for me I'm usually skipping many lines too.

Eathrin wrote: »
    You're writing too much. Write 5 pages for each question and you'll find yourself run out of time unless you're a very fast writer. I would say 3 pages is more than enough for any question and for me I'm usually skipping many lines too.

Oh right 'cause I was copying out the exact answer to question and for the part b the provisions of the sales and goods supply 2007 q. It's 30 marks and it says to give 6 bullet points then the opinion as it's evaluate . I copied the answer it was about 2 and a bit pages for that part of the questions.

Ha merci! Ah, je n'ai jamais regardé un film français, un jour, peut-être... :P Mais j'écoute de la radio française de temps en temps. Oui, j'adore la langue! Eh, je ne suis pas sur, car je voudrais faire la français, mais pas seulement! C'est trop difficile à décider. Et toi?

I'll be back by tomorrow, if I even last that long. :P

I'm not deleting my Twitter, just the app! I can still log on if I'm at a computer. :D Ha, I lasted like six weeks last year, I was so proud. :pac: But yeah, it's how I keep in touch with most of my mates, so it's staying for now!

Oh yeah I'm always logging into twitter , I've only gone a day or two without tweeting. I've tweeted less for a while as my tweets have started to be study related lol. With facebook I find myself sometimes on it but all I do is refresh the newsfeed not really doing anything. I deleted the Facebook app off my phone. It's still on my itouch .

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Lads...we're on the page of the devil :(

Haha we'll be on a new thread by the end of tonight possibly :).

For a moment there I had NO idea what you were on about! :L

Nearly at 10,000. <3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I WILL be the last poster

>_>

<_<

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement