Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Guys, I actually live in the most beautiful part of the country. Look at these pics of Connemara:

0E69E54361354DC8A9409B824A6ED682-500.jpg

6FE492E3CF23414691B25AA81D99B771-500.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Togepi wrote: »
    *Lots of reading, *lots of writing! :(

But you wrote SO much! Maybe they shrunk your exam booklets... Yeah, that must be it. :P

And I don't know what 'dexterity' means. :o I feel so smart right now. :pac:
    Must be! :P My writing isnt the smallest writing there is, 200 words on a normal A4 page, and it gets a bit bigger in exams with sloppiness etc :P I didnt even realize I was writing a lot except for the story!

Dexterity means speed :D I used it in my last story though and my teacher said it sounds too pretentious so...maybe just know the word but dont use it :P
    Guys, I actually live in the most beautiful part of the country. Look at these pics of Connemara:
    COW ****E EVERYWHERE KNOCKIN DOWN YER SHTONE WALLS, GET YIZRSELVES A SPIRE LIKE US DUBLINERS.

Ah yeah it is quite nice though I have to say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Eathrin wrote: »
    Does anybody here own the "Ceol" CDs. I'm desperate to get my hands on the music, only can get a limited amount off youtube, and the Cds on their own are so expensive!
    I want all of them!! Thought you said you could've gotten a load of them real cheap in the Gaeltacht? Should've, they're so good!

(I think I have like half a Heathers song in Irish and that's it. Love them though their whole album is gorgeous!) <3

SRSLY if anyone has them me and Eathrin will be your besties for life! :D

If ye have any of the songs could ye send them to me please? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Eathrin wrote: »
    Does anybody here own the "Ceol" CDs. I'm desperate to get my hands on the music, only can get a limited amount off youtube, and the Cds on their own are so expensive!
    I want all of them!!
    SRSLY if anyone has them me and Eathrin will be your besties for life! :D
    If ye have any of the songs could ye send them to me please? :)

Unmissable offer here lads, 3 besties for loife.

I wonder if AlmightyDublin has 'em. Probably knows people who do at least, being in a Gaelscoil and that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

A dear friend of mine has them CDs :eek:

• Advertisement

M&S* wrote: »

She may have many many more friends now.:D
    I actually just can't get enough of ceol as gaeilge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Ó. Mo. Dhia!! :eek:

Would they find it weird if you borrowed all of them for no apparent reason? :P :D

I know she has one definitely cause I remember looking at it and thinking this is cool. If I see her tomorrow and feel up to it I'll ask her can I borrow it :) Just for you guys! :D

http://www.independentacademy.ie/resources/IA-Easter-Rev-Brochure-2012-Web.pdf anyone know if these are any good? me and my sister want to go for history, probably gonna go for H Maths with my friend and I kinda would like geography but yeah, not gonna push the boat out too far :P

Just that it seems much better than IoE, half the price and a full day, but just checking if any of yous might know anything :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I did hpat prep course there and thought it was poor and badly organised. I'd imagine 5 and a half hours of one subject in one day would be more or less useless. Depends how good the notes are really!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Patchy~ wrote: »
    http://www.independentacademy.ie/resources/IA-Easter-Rev-Brochure-2012-Web.pdf anyone know if these are any good? me and my sister want to go for history, probably gonna go for H Maths with my friend and I kinda would like geography but yeah, not gonna push the boat out too far :P

Just that it seems much better than IoE, half the price and a full day, but just checking if any of yous might know anything :)

I don't know much about that but I might go to the Geography one seeing as the prices are reasonably cheaper than the Institute, seems like I could benefit from it. And some extra notes would be handy. :pac:

I did hpat prep course there and thought it was poor and badly organised. I'd imagine 5 and a half hours of one subject in one day would be more or less useless. Depends how good the notes are really!
    Hmmmm...yeah, 5 and a half hours is a lot of time to drag one subject out over. It's so tempting though!
    I don't know much about that but I might go to the Geography one seeing as the prices are reasonably cheaper than the Institute, seems like I could benefit from it. And some extra notes would be handy. :pac:
    Thats what I was thinking but they probably dont cover my elective and option, creyyy :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

I know this is random , but we started Plath today and she's so interesting :) She's one of my favourite poets so far anyways :) Although Frost is my main man, too bad he came up last year :/

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Siobhnk wrote: »

Ah sure I failed Maths! The way I look at it is it's better to fail it now than in June! We'll learn from our mistakes :)
    I know just I thought I'd done okay. Whenever I think I do good in tests I barely scrape a pass! :P
    Thanks everyone who replied actually :)
    I know this is random , but we started Plath today and she's so interesting :) She's one of my favourite poets so far anyways :) Although Frost is my main man, too bad he came up last year :/
    Plath - fingers crossed! Definately my fav poet :)

Has anyone else not started their Geography Projects yet? :(

We've had our practice booklets done before Christmas, we just need to transfer them into the real ones after our Mocks. :o

We've had our practice booklets done before Christmas, we just need to transfer them into the real ones after our Mocks. :o

I'm not even 100% sure what ours is on, I don't know if I should be worried, the closing date is like April isn't it?

I'm not even 100% sure what ours is on, I don't know if I should be worried, the closing date is like April isn't it?

27th of April according to my school's deadline sheet :P

Thats what I was thinking but they probably dont cover my elective and option, creyyy :P

What ones are you doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

ConTheCat wrote: »
    I keep telling myself not to pick favourites to avoid disappointment, but same here :o doing Kinsella now and he just seems to drag on forever :(

27th of April according to my school's deadline sheet :P

What ones are you doing?
    Economic elective, atmosphere-ocean environment option :rolleyes: A-O isnt so bad but economic is torture! I assume you're doing geoecology and human? :P
    We did ours right away in 5th year, just need to transfer them in really. I'd be terrified leaving it so late, kinda happening in history, I'd just do it myself if I were you!

• Advertisement

I'm trying to like other poets but it's all Plath with me:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

We've everything done apart from our Evaluations and then write it into our real booklet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

13spanner wrote: »
    I keep telling myself not to pick favourites to avoid disappointment, but same here :o doing Kinsella now and he just seems to drag on forever :(
    God I truly hate Kinsella, he's so feckin' boring! And his poems are wayy too long, 4.5 pages for My Fathers Hands, sorry to disappoint you Thomas but no-one cares about your gene pool tbh! :/

Do ye think it'd be possible to study Robert Frost on your own? I hate Kavanagh and Kinsella and want to do at least 5 poets in case one of them didn't come up! I'm just crossing the fingers for a Rich, Plath, Larkin and Heaney combo! Even though i'm nearly sure Kinsella will be there :/

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Seems like there'll be a lot of happy heads if she makes an appearance in June, including mine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

We're writing up our history research topics tomorrow. I don't have one yet. Oh dear.

God I truly hate Kinsella, he's so feckin' boring! And his poems are wayy too long, 4.5 pages for My Fathers Hands, sorry to disappoint you Thomas but no-one cares about your gene pool tbh! :/

Do ye think it'd be possible to study Robert Frost on your own? I hate Kavanagh and Kinsella and want to do at least 5 poets in case one of them didn't come up! I'm just crossing the fingers for a Rich, Plath, Larkin and Heaney combo! Even though i'm nearly sure Kinsella will be there :/

Definitely doable to study Frost on your own , but its really unlikely he'll come up dear unfortunately :( Frost is by far my favourite though :) he's really accessible and his poetry is really interesting :)
    I concur Kinsella is so boring , I use to fall asleep in those classes no joke like :P but that was coupled with my sleep deprivation but i'm postive it was all Kinsella's fault :P

So glad we skipped kinsella :P I love plath but everyone's gonna do her :/ Larkin's kinda like a male plath though :D

Economic elective, atmosphere-ocean environment option :rolleyes: A-O isnt so bad but economic is torture! I assume you're doing geoecology and human? :P

Yep, the real exciting stuff alright! :cool:
    So glad we skipped kinsella :P I love plath but everyone's gonna do her :/ Larkin's kinda like a male plath though :D

We're going to be doing Kinsella instead of Plath which dissapoints me, would've preferred to do her poetry. :(

Namlub wrote: »
    We're writing up our history research topics tomorrow. I don't have one yet. Oh dear.

What?? :eek:
    so glad I started it last year now :D :P

• Advertisement

Yep, the real exciting stuff alright! :cool:

We're going to be doing Kinsella instead of Plath which dissapoints me, would've preferred to do her poetry. :(
    Going wild with that geography I see :P We didnt do either but I got one of my friends to teach me Plath, she's so so interesting and easy to write about and very likely to come up apparently :)

I've also heard from my sister's friend who gets grinds that a woman who's never wrong with predictions has predicted Boland since she didnt come up when she was expected...wouldnt mind her at all :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement