Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

finality wrote: »
    You guys are going to hate me but I wrote barely 3 pages and got 99. :L

Fair play! :) Nah that sounds doable, I'm just bad at being concise do I need to write loads, if I had cut out the last three pages I probably would've gotten more marks, they only brought it down.

One question though, how many paragraphs did you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Togepi wrote: »
    Fair play! :) Nah that sounds doable, I'm just bad at being concise do I need to write loads, if I had cut out the last three pages I probably would've gotten more marks, they only brought it down.

One question though, how many paragraphs did you do?!
    Alas, a month after starting Mock exams and, NADA.. :( :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Take Me Out:
    Guy comes out, girl turns off her light straight away. Foley asks her why, her response: "He's my best friend's ex-boyfriend!"

Only in Ireland :rolleyes:

Alas, a month after starting Mock exams and, NADA.. :( :P

There's every chance your school waited until the last day of mocks to send them all off together. That's what ours did. And with the mid-term it probably took them anything between a day and ten days to actually send them off. :cool:

Also, at least it's great practice for the real thing. The two month wait for the Leaving Cert results is SO fun! :P I think for the entire second month, when I woke up each morning my first thought was 'X days 'til the results, AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!'. :eek:

:p

There's every chance your school waited until the last day of mocks to send them all off together. That's what ours did. And with the mid-term it probably took them anything between a day and ten days to actually send them off. :cool:

Also, at least it's great practice for the real thing. The two month wait for the Leaving Cert results is SO fun! :P I think for the entire second month, when I woke up each morning my first thought was 'X days 'til the results, AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!'. :eek:

:p
    I asked my French teacher today and she said they were sent off every evening? :/

My Mam is ringing into the school tomorrow to find out the story anyway!

• Advertisement

I asked my French teacher today and she said they were sent off every evening? :/

My Mam is ringing into the school tomorrow to find out the story anyway!

Ah grand so, I think one or two of ours came back today so hopefully some of mine will be back by the weekend! We finished them... 19 days ago so hopefully they'll all be back next week anyway. :)

Although all I really want back soon is Maths, I've a fair idea of how I did in the rest but for Maths I'm not so sure I passed. :o

In other news, i'm sitting here killing Economics short questions!

Just got 99% in the 2007 ones, and 97% in the 2005 ones! :D weeeeeeee... Praying for an A1 in this in June, so I must keep doing the questions even though it kills me some times! Off to study National Income and Monopoly now :( good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Don't worry, I'm expecting less than 20% in Chemistry :)

Thats about what im expecting in Biology and a few more maybe :o:(

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Lads, I need new going out shoes. Anyone have any ideas? :) Btw I only have €60, my dad gave me €90 about 2 months ago to get going out shoes but I spent it all on drink, so I had to save :/
    I like your shtyle! Reassuring that I'm not the only one fond of a sup :p What style of shoes d'ya like? Personally Vans or Converse are the job for me! Comfortable, cheap enough (well maybe not the Converse) and imo, fairly stylish :) Unless your lookin for an actual pair of black shoes in which case I can't help you! Own two pairs myself for school and work but my Mam bought them both :pac:

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    Thats about what im expecting in Biology and a few more maybe :o:(

I once heard a quote from a wise man, a very wise man indeed, that's helping me cope with ****ty results. "Arah sure, tis only the mocks!"

Also a friend of mine only started studying in March and got 485, hopefully I can follow her example!

• Advertisement

I once heard a quote from a wise man, a very wise man indeed, that's helping me cope with ****ty results. "Arah sure, tis only the mocks!"

Also a friend of mine only started studying in March and got 485, hopefully I can follow her example!
    *Hope i'm not being too intrusive here, don't wanna know just wondering cause I know we did them about the same time :)*

Have you started getting results back, Coeur?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Tomorrow I've to give ''cúpla focail as gaeilge'' to the teacher who's retiring after teaching Irish in the school for 40 years :eek: She taught my uncle and now she teaches his son (my 1st cousin).

On a slightly less eduacational note, Limerick RAG week Thursday night so nice wan yeeeah :D

13spanner wrote: »
    Tomorrow I've to give ''cúpla focail as gaeilge'' to the teacher who's retiring after teaching Irish in the school for 40 years :eek: She taught my uncle and now she teaches his son (my 1st cousin).

On a slightly less eduacational note, Limerick RAG week Thursday night so nice wan yeeeah :D

Thursday night? :eek:

So, you're going to see Brezzie?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

This is the first time I've actually ever seen "arra" used before. A mythical phrase to us Dubliners, known to be used sparingly by the purest of culchie.
    'Tis a wondrous thing:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Eathrin wrote: »
    Calling roll:
    Emptywithme
    Chucoter
    Lefty
    etc etc

Where are ye? Don't dare ditch this magical thread:mad:

Hey it's FlabbyGav:D Been a while since you dropped in:)

I'm watching. I'm always watching. :P

I had chemistry today, DEB paper, anybody else find it suspiciously easy?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Chuchoter wrote: »

I don't do Chemistry but I felt that way for Examcraft Geography, I feel like something's up! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Thursday night? :eek:

So, you're going to see Brezzie?? :D
    Yep, probably a bad idea but why not sure :D Honestly, I had to google Brezzie to find out who that was. Worse than that, I'm still not 100% sure :o

13spanner wrote: »
    Yep, probably a bad idea but why not sure :D Honestly, I had to google Brezzie to find out who that was. Worse than that, I'm still not 100% sure :o

Lolz, yeah the first time I heard someone say Brezzie, I was like 'who in the name of jaysus is that?!' Then I realised he's your man from The Blizzards... I still don't get why everyone loves him though, he's an awful babe like but still, he's done nothing to warrant being known by one name. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

One question though, how many paragraphs did you do?

uhh 7. actually looking at it now, it was only two and a half pages. :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Lolz, yeah the first time I heard someone say Brezzie, I was like 'who in the name of jaysus is that?!' Then I realised he's your man from The Blizzards... I still don't get why everyone loves him though, he's an awful babe like but still, he's done nothing to warrant being known by one name. :pac:

Brezzie's a babe :P ;) but Josh Hutcherson (anyone hear of him? ) is my piece of eye candy atm :P ;)
    MV5BMTI4OTk0MjQ1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTE3NjM3Mw@@._V1._SX333_SY500_.jpg

• Advertisement

Type it out so, won't take you too long:p

That's some essay though, fair play! Which one did you do?
    Also what were the marks like in general in your school? Some strange sounding results so far in English. I think our's were examcraft in English.

Type it out so, won't take you too long:p

That's some essay though, fair play! Which one did you do?
    Also what were the marks like in general in your school? Some strange sounding results so far in English. I think our's were examcraft in English.

Still no marks back yet for English but my Paper I essay was 6.5 pages and i'm sure I should get some type of A grade in it! It's amazing how fast you'll write when your under pressure, if you work well under pressure like!

I was so freaked out about my Soil essay in Geography I learnt it so well I ended up doing 7 pages in 35 minutes :eek: I spewed that Motha-fuc** all over that page.. Ended up doing 24 pages for Geography all together :rolleyes: more than English Paper II by like 5 pages but anyway! :P

It shall be interesting to get my Scripts back to see if the examiner was bothered reading half my stuff, because for nearly every exam I wrote feckin' tons.. I'll still probably do average but anyway :pac:

TELL US ALL YOUR SECRETS!!

:D
    Brezzie's a babe :P ;) but Josh Hutcherson (anyone hear of him? ) is my piece of eye candy atm :P ;)

The image didn't work but Google images tells me he's quite a beautiful creature. :P Never heard of him though. He looks like a better looking version of Finn (Cory Whatchamacallit) from Glee. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I was so freaked out about my Soil essay in Geography I learnt it so well I ended up doing 7 pages in 35 minutes :eek: I spewed that Motha-fuc** all over that page.. Ended up doing 24 pages for Geography all together :rolleyes: more than English Paper II by like 5 pages but anyway! :P
    Just out of curiosity - I dont do soils, I do atmosphere-ocean but its marked the same - did you do bullet points or essay style? my teacher marks exams and said i can use bullets but i dont know if that costs you overall coherence marks!

*Subtle Hunger games reference:rolleyes:
    Yeah I've seen him in a few things, never much liked him. Maybe he'll do better grown up now!

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity - I dont do soils, I do atmosphere-ocean but its marked the same - did you do bullet points or essay style? my teacher marks exams and said i can use bullets but i dont know if that costs you overall coherence marks!
    Yeah because of Coherence the option Question has to be done in Essay format.

I ended up doing my whole paper in essay format then, it takes ages to draw little bullet points :P.

Eww, Ocean-Atmosphere, that looks so hard! :O is it bad yeah?

*Hope i'm not being too intrusive here, don't wanna know just wondering cause I know we did them about the same time :)*

Have you started getting results back, Coeur?
    None! My teachers don't think we'll get any back this week either! :)
    This is the first time I've actually ever seen "arra" used before. A mythical phrase to us Dubliners, known to be used sparingly by the purest of culchie.
    'Tis a wondrous thing:pac:
    We culchies only use it when making fun of the mega-culchies :) That and 'musha'!
    Chuchoter wrote: »

I found it horrifically difficult :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Yeah because of Coherence the option Question has to be done in Essay format.

I ended up doing my whole paper in essay format then, it takes ages to draw little bullet points :P.

Eww, Ocean-Atmosphere, that looks so hard! :O is it bad yeah?
    Arghhh, he lied :pac: I much prefer bullet points tbh :( I think its so much quicker in bullets :P My bullet points all lead into each other, it just looks a little different is all :o

I find it to be pretty easy tbh! I dont know what soils is like but we did the economic elective instead of human (:(!), some of it ties in (like climate change) and being topical it might come up :) The q's dont vary too much and a lot is really cool like the structure of the ocean and things like that :) Apparently its marked easier than soils since its not as widely done but...I think I'd prefer soils :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Does anyone know if its true the Trinity don't have Christmas exams, but UCD do?

• Advertisement

We culchies only use it when making fun of the mega-culchies :) That and 'musha'!

Lol, the first think I thought when I read Cian's post was 'ara musha!' :pac:

(Culchie and I know it.) :D *Dances*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement