Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

So our school made up a rule today that you can't wear brown decks. Yeah sir fair buying black ones for 3 months :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Togepi wrote: »
    Lol, the first think I thought when I read Cian's post was 'ara musha!' :pac:

(Culchie and I know it.) :D *Dances*

I love your culchiness.
    We need a real inner city dub in here to oxymoron this thread up.:p

Edit: Just found this on UrbanDictionary: "Ara Musha Fnaw" Does this actually exist, 3 meaningless in sequence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

The image didn't work but Google images tells me he's quite a beautiful creature. :P Never heard of him though. He looks like a better looking version of Finn (Cory Whatchamacallit) from Glee. :D
    haha he's gorgeous :) you'll hear a lot more of him come march 23rd :P :) He plays the gorgeous Peeta in the Hunger Games and goes blond :P ;)
    Eathrin wrote: »
    *Subtle Hunger games reference:rolleyes:
    Yeah I've seen him in a few things, never much liked him. Maybe he'll do better grown up now!
    Oh Cian you caught that reference :P :) ha sure Peeta is like the ideal guy :P ;)
    Have you read the books yet ? :P

Oh Cian you caught that reference :P :) ha sure Peeta is like the ideal guy :P ;)
    Have you read the books yet ? :P

No, I just happened to see them on a stand in Eason(I guess they're popular so:p) and flicked through a few pages, but it got me thinking; THIS, in 3 books? The plot doesn't sound like it could span it! Then again I'm not much of a bibliophile:o.

No, I just happened to see them on a stand in Eason(I guess they're popular so:p) and flicked through a few pages, but it got me thinking; THIS, in 3 books? The plot doesn't sound like it could span it! Then again I'm not much of a bibliophile:o.

They are getting more popular, I think, due to the film :P :)
    Yes , it can span out into 3 books :P Its brilliant , and it was really clever what she did in the second book (but you'll never know, because you'll never get round to reading them :P ) The books aren't even that long like :P Oh Cian :( will you at least watch the film ? :o:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I love your culchiness.
    We need a real inner city dub in here to oxymoron this thread up.:p

Edit: Just found this on UrbanDictionary: "Ara Musha Fnaw" Does this actually exist, 3 meaningless in sequence?

Aw shucks, GRMA! :D Never heard that but 'ara musha' is common enough. :D I prefer slang.ie to Urban Dictionary, just look at this :pac: I have to make that a phrase I use! :P
    haha he's gorgeous smile.gif you'll hear a lot more of him come march 23rd :P smile.gif He plays the gorgeous Peeta in the Hunger Games and goes blond :P wink.gif

Shweet! :P

Does anybody here own the "Ceol" CDs. I'm desperate to get my hands on the music, only can get a limited amount off youtube, and the Cds on their own are so expensive!

Does anybody here own the "Ceol" CDs. I'm desperate to get my hands on the music, only can get a limited amount off youtube, and the Cds on their own are so expensive!

I want all of them!! Thought you said you could've gotten a load of them real cheap in the Gaeltacht? Should've, they're so good!

(I think I have like half a Heathers song in Irish and that's it. Love them though their whole album is gorgeous!) <3

SRSLY if anyone has them me and Eathrin will be your besties for life! :D

I want all of them!! Thought you said you could've gotten a load of them real cheap in the Gaeltacht? Should've, they're so good!

(I think I have like half a Heathers song in Irish and that's it. Love them though their whole album is gorgeous!) <3

SRSLY if anyone has them me and Eathrin will be your besties for life! :D

Did I mention that? Because it's true! Oh chomh amadach Cian:(€10 for them all:eek:

BFF+optional afterlife clause:p

Did I mention that? Because it's true! Oh chomh amadach Cian:(€10 for them all:eek:

BFF+optional afterlife clause:p

Yeah I thought I misunderstood you! :eek: A tenner, ah jaysus. :(

Ah well, someday we'll have the lot. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Just had English Paper 1 :D I wrote 12 pages altogether - 2.5 for A, 3.5 for B (which is apparently way more than the required 1.5 pages but I didnt know that! :pac:) and 6 and a bit for my short story. Dunno if I'll lose purpose marks since it isnt very short but its all relevant, and if I hadnt explained things then it wouldve been too snappy and fast - plus the exam pages are smaller than normal pages anyway.

Chuffed :)

oh and i ran into my geography teacher and asked him about the overall coherence marks in the atmosphere-ocean questions and he said theyre for headings, intro and conclusion and that if i have them, and full sentence bullet points, ill still get the marks. makes sense i guess. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Got everything back today, in total I got 340 points. Not bad for the pres, but I'm aiming for 500 so I have a longggggggggggg way to go..

Chuffed with my 81/100 in my English essay though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Manic2 wrote: »
    Got everything back today, in total I got 340 points. Not bad for the pres, but I'm aiming for 500 so I have a longggggggggggg way to go..

Well done, very good! =) I'm hoping to get some results tomorrow, Art and Construction came back today, I don't do either of 'em though. I think I got around 290/300 in the mocks on night-before study. Aiming for about 440/450 in June I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Failed biology.....

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Had my interview for my DCFE PLC today, feel it went well! Will find out in about 10 days if I'm in.

ConTheCat wrote: »
    Failed biology.....

It's always good to get the fails out if the way during the mocks. :) Makes the real thing look better. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Well done, very good! =) I'm hoping to get some results tomorrow, Art and Construction came back today, I don't do either of 'em though. I think I got around 290/300 in the mocks on night-before study. Aiming for about 440/450 in June I think!

Thank you haha! :)

I mostly fell down in everything by not being able to finish them, I couldn't finish most of my exams, which deducted from my overall mark greatly!

Home Ec for example, I couldn't get a full 2 questions done, but everything else I did, I got full marks in, so essentially everything I tried I got 100% in.

It's really frustrating because I know if I could just write quicker I could easily get well over 450 points. :/

did anyone else find there was no time pressure in english p1? i finished considerably early and i wasnt even rushing. my teacher had said 'if youre finished early youve done something wrong', the only "error" i made was writing more than required :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Patchy~ wrote: »
    did anyone else find there was no time pressure in english p1? i finished considerably early and i wasnt even rushing. my teacher had said 'if youre finished early youve done something wrong', the only "error" i made was writing more than required :pac:

I finished it with enough time to read over some stuff and correct bits so I didn't find it too time constrained.

yeah i read all mine and corrected it / removed run on sentences :)

• Advertisement

got history back today 76 b2 fairly happy considering I had to make up most of one section :P still the shame :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Manic2 wrote: »

Congrats! That's class for English :)
    Failed biology.....
    Ah sure I failed Maths! The way I look at it is it's better to fail it now than in June! We'll learn from our mistakes :)

I think I might have barely finished Paper I in time. I usually find it very hard time wise though, the first time I got an essay done in the right amount of time was in the actual Leaving Cert, and that was just down to me writing fast when under pressure.

Patchy how the hell can you be that good at Paper I?! :eek: :P

I think I might have barely finished Paper I in time. I usually find it very hard time wise though, the first time I got an essay done in the right amount of time was in the actual Leaving Cert, and that was just down to me writing fast when under pressure.

Sure its just a bitta readin, bitta writin :P I was super shocked at how much time I had, and I wasnt the only one apparently :eek: May we all finish our leaving certs with equal dexterity :P

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭That Handsome Devil

Failed biology.....

Could be worse, could be failing in June! Sure you can go up loads before june... its still months away!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Congrats to all that got results! :) ContheCat don't worry too much, just work hard from that till the exams i'm sure you'd be well able to get that up to an A or a B!

Still no Mocks back yet, hopefully I will get some tomorrow! It's been 4 weeks since we did English so hopefully we'll get it by the end of this week! :D god knows they'd want to be marked well waiting this long! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I finished Paper I in the last 2 minutes! I did 6.5 pages for the essay, 4 for part A and 3.5 for part B. I'll still probably do average enough in Paper I, the cliché us true, 'quality not quantity!'

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Sure its just a bitta readin, bitta writin :P I was super shocked at how much time I had, and I wasnt the only one apparently :eek: May we all finish our leaving certs with equal dexterity :P

*Lots of reading, *lots of writing! :(

But you wrote SO much! Maybe they shrunk your exam booklets... Yeah, that must be it. :P

And I don't know what 'dexterity' means. :o I feel so smart right now. :pac:

I finished Paper I in the last 2 minutes! I did 6.5 pages for the essay, 4 for part A and 3.5 for part B. I'll still probably do average enough in Paper I, the cliché us true, 'quality not quantity!'

How does everyone write so much? :eek: No wonder English is so competitive! That's class, ah the quantity can't do too much harm though. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

How does everyone write so much? :eek: No wonder English is so competitive! That's class, ah the quantity can't do too much harm though. ;)

I wrote 8 pages for paper 1 and 8 for paper two.. My paper 2 woulda been like 10+ but I didn't study the comparative so my essay for that was like a page :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement