Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Namlub wrote: »
    Messed up my timings in business so badly, only half finished the last long question. Stupid ABQ, no fcuking way could I have done that in 25 minutes.

Irish paper 2 is tomorrow and even though I know what poem is coming up, I still studied all 5 as I felt guilty :')

Really dreading business, feeling very shaky on the knowledge front and even more so on the timing front. It's actually really difficult to answer all of the questions well in the time given!

Irish II wasn't great for me, hadn't looked at the text or poem in about a year, still managed some answers.

Oh, I just got your signature:o I'd seen the movie, forgot the quote though:)
    Awesome sig;)
    Our Maths II was grand :) Irish II I shnaked through (So much bull**** though!) Irish I (Kill me) and Economics (Depends on the test) tomorrow.

Irish 1 was amazing, cluastuiscint was a little shaky but as for the essay, 5 page epic:D far more than I wrote in English today:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Had accounting and maths paper 2 today. It was an absolute disaster, who the hell thought it would be a good idea to change the course!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

...i PASSED MY HL MATHS MOCK!! :D so so so so so so so SO happy! :D
    and i started studying like a nerd! :D :pac: hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

Cian A wrote: »
    And there's a big spreadsheet with all of the exams and everything lol.

You have got to be kidding :eek:

You got to hand it to them though, they're well organised :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

You have got to be kidding :eek:

You got to hand it to them though, they're well organised :pac:
    Haha but your only fooling yourself if you check that :)
    Exams are supposed to be exams like :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

That's essentially what happens everytime I go to "study".
    Clean my room, read a book...
    and of course, the ever favourite, Organise my folder:D
    I've just spent about 20 minutes organising pens, a stapler, pencils and paper for the mocks! 20 minutes well spent..
    Mocks thread has surpassed 200'000 views.
    Excuse me, but that is tragic.
    Seriously what's the point of mocks then!

Edit: Took a peek in the thread, not looking at anything, the amount of newly reg'd accounts is hilarious:D
    And there's a big spreadsheet with all of the exams and everything lol.

Haha but your only fooling yourself if you check that :)
    Exams are supposed to be exams like :pac:

Had a peek myself at the spreadsheet, just looked at what was on the French paper and felt bad about even looking at it. Can only remember one thing from it and I definately won't be doing it. Be suspicious coz we've no vocab on it!

In other non LC related news, my dog ate my school training top. Big corner gone out of it. YAY. :( :mad:

ConTheCat wrote: »
    Had a peek myself at the spreadsheet, just looked at what was on the French paper and felt bad about even looking at it. Can only remember one thing from it and I definately won't be doing it. Be suspicious coz we've no vocab on it!

That's what I don't want:eek: If I know what's on the exam I'd feel silly solely concentrating on that, silly if I avoided it, and silly when I got my distorted mark.

Even though I've begun with some of my more favourable exams [Maths, English, Gaeilge] I'm actually reasonably pleased with how they've gone so far. It's calming my nerves a bit now that I'm coping fine with the exams and we still have months left of school to improve before the LC. Anybody else on the same page?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

5,555th post and I'm dedicating it to all of ye! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

That's what I don't want:eek: If I know what's on the exam I'd feel silly solely concentrating on that, silly if I avoided it, and silly when I got my distorted mark.

Even though I've begun with some of my more favourable exams [Maths, English, Gaeilge] I'm actually reasonably pleased with how they've gone so far. It's calming my nerves a bit now that I'm coping fine with the exams and we still have months left of school to improve before the LC. Anybody else on the same page?
    As much as I'd like to say yes, no, not by any stretch of the imagination. That said, they're not going badly enough for it to be a kick in the arse either :/ Ah sure, 2 more days is all :D

Didn't know we had to pay for the Leaving Cert, €116 I'm told :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Joey. wrote: »
    Ah sure, 2 more days is all :D
    Bad feeling to see so many of ye practically finished. I'm only starting Thursday and dragging out 'til the week after the midterm. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Five more exams then orals during midterm. Woo freaking hoo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

The best thing to do just before your mocks is to go on a weekend away. Not at all dying today! :pac: well worth it though :P

Many a severed hand to be seen on the floor today in the aftermath of English II
    A sad sight to behold indeed:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

13spanner wrote: »
    Bad feeling to see so many of ye practically finished. I'm only starting Thursday and dragging out 'til the week after the midterm. :(

they go really fast actually. Ten exams isn't too bad, the prospect seemed worse at the start. Only 3 left now :D

...pity those 3 have to include chemistry and physics :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Off for midterm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Mocks = dead
    Coeurdepirate = Getting ready to get haaaaaaaaaaaaaammered! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Think thats bad? Mine only START the monday after midterm :pac:
    ahh well what can ya do? I'm reasonably chilled, guess reality hasn't hit :pac:

Overall I found mocks to be a much less stressful experience than 5th year summer tests. Dunno whether that's good or bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

I know how you feel, had the first one today! :(
    Siobhnk wrote: »
    The best thing to do just before your mocks is to go on a weekend away. Not at all dying today! :pac: well worth it though :P
    Haha I went out Friday night and just sat all weekend! Gonna be doing the same weekend at the end of midterm :D
    Many a severed hand to be seen on the floor today in the aftermath of English II
    A sad sight to behold indeed:(
    Is it bad? DREADING it !! :(
    We have it in the morning so there's gonna be rumbly tummys! Bringing in some fruit and peanuts..Hope they let me keep them there :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

I've a day off tomorrow thank sweet god! Lie in will be much appreciated after early starts pretty much every day for the last 3 or 4 weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

Overall I found mocks to be a much less stressful experience than 5th year summer tests. Dunno whether that's good or bad!

Ha same, pretty sure it's good........... I hope :pac:

Goin on a pub crawl on Friday after exams !

I'm there! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

project maths more like english paper 3 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I don't know how I ever managed English without Key Notes <3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Ready to fail Maths tomorrow wooooo...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

...what's up with the tags for this thread?

I had similar plans for tonight, ended up coming home early and depressed as ****!

By the way, I feel that as horrifically as they have gone, the mocks were overall a good experience for me for timing etc. The only problem is, in (I think) every single exam, I set myself a 'treat'.

Let's say there's two sections in most exams, I'd say to myself "once I finish section 1 I'll treat myself to a fag", so once I'd finish a section I'd ask to go to the bathroom and then go around the side for a smoke. Don't think that'll be good if I wanna do it in June :rolleyes:

It's not only during study that I get bored though, I'll be in an exam and I'll look at everyone writing furiously and think "I'm soooooooooooooooooo bored. I wanna die." It's so awful, I actually think I need psychological help to come out of this year whole, haha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

How're the lads? :P
    Almost over the mocks so I should be less of a ghost!

..not that anyone missed me. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement