Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I was actually grand for the first three questions in maths but after that everything went downhill, why do they have to make everything so unnecessarily complicated?
    I have no will to study for Irish tomorrow, it's basically one question like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

If your school uses DEB mock papers then beware the horrific aural!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Oh for **** sake :(

PM me friend?

ffs. Hate how you only hear it twice as well, completely messes with the system I use for french aurals. Why can't everything just be more like French? ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Had the beautiful DEB English Paper II today (HL) , grand total of 20.5 pages! :D.. I have never been so proud, or my teacher for that matter! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

What did you think of irish? :D Ahhh right, decent motto I suppose, it could be worse :D
    I thought Irish went well enough for me. Was the first proper oral we ever did so 31/40 was alright. I really want to pull a B out of it :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Had the beautiful DEB English Paper II today (HL) , grand total of 20.5 pages! :D.. I have never been so proud, or my teacher for that matter! :D
    Fookin hell! :pac: How'd you manage to write so much?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭That Handsome Devil

The one with
    First Lesson, or that one with the girl wanting independence or whatever
    as the unseen poem? Lovely paper through and through!!

Maths paper 1 was fine today, but then again, I'm also a maths nerd :p so roll on paper 2!

Not feeling good about Irish paper 1 though... begging for culu eacnamiochta or eisimirce... something I can work that into anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

So you wrote a page every 9 minutes 45 seconds? That's ridiculous.

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Fookin hell! :pac: How'd you manage to write so much?! :eek:
    Basically I never, and I mean never, lifted my hand from the page. Just kept writing and writing and writing. My wrist is actually in ridiculous pain now though. You should have seen the attendants face when I went up asking for my 3rd exam booklet, :P. Got soo many stares walking across the hall to get the extra paper! Ha, was priceless actually!

I do love English though, knew the stuff that came up really well and just kept going like! :P.. My comparative (Literary Genre) was 7 pages, Hamlet was 7 pages, Larkin was 5.5 pages and my unseen poem was a page!

Would love a paper like that in June! Appeared to be the only one in my school to do the Philip Larkin poetry question,everyone did Heaney it seemed! Did many on here do the Larkin Question?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

Swear to Jesus!

I'm one of those people who write terribly slow (usually the last person writing in exams) so this crushes my spirit. :(

I'm one of those people who write terribly slow (usually the last person writing in exams) so this crushes my spirit. :(
    I'm a lefty so I'm usually quite slow, but I was so desperate to get a good grade in English that I learnt the stuff really well and just forced myself through the pain!

That sounds so melodramatic but it actually was a painful experience! I'm going to go soak my wrist for a while later, currently correcting an LCVP paper, have Irish Paper II and it tomorrow! :/.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

hey dont worry bout it :) i wrote less then most people in my summer exam last year and got an a1 ... its all about the quality :) just make your points , make them well and plan a little and you'll be grand :)

hey dont worry bout it :) i wrote less then most people in my summer exam last and got an a1 ... its all about the quality :) just make your points , make them well and plan a little and you'll be grand :)
    That's the truth! A friend who is repeating in my School this year, got an A1 in English (and 535 points overall :O) writes soo slow, she only did about 10/11 pages today for Paper II

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

I'm a lefty so I'm usually quite slow, but I was so desperate to get a good grade in English that I learnt the stuff really well and just forced myself through the pain!

That sounds so melodramatic but it actually was a painful experience! I'm going to go soak my wrist for a while later, currently correcting an LCVP paper, have Irish Paper II and it tomorrow! :/.

know how you feel yesterday i had eng 1 and history wrote i think 30 pages between those too then had eng 2 today and wrote 16 pages my hand is falling off me at this stage :O

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm actually so tired it's not funny. Got sent home from study because the supervisor told me I looked burnt out. I need sleep. It's nine pm and I'm settling down for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Don't know which papers we have, but Cuid C was the hardest part of an aural I've ever done!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

13spanner wrote: »
    I thought Irish went well enough for me. Was the first proper oral we ever did so 31/40 was alright. I really want to pull a B out of it :)
    Ahh right, fair play :D

Cian A wrote: »
    Don't know which papers we have, but Cuid C was the hardest part of an aural I've ever done!
    Was it the Irish you found hard, or those accents? :D

Cian A wrote: »

Was it the one about
    World War I and World War II
    ? That was DEB. It was horrific. And when the Donegal people started speaking I just threw myself down on the ground and tried to kill myself. No joke! :rolleyes:

French aural on the other hand was one of the easiest I've done, pretty confident for an A1 in that!

Guys, keep specific references to the Mocks thread please, and spoiler them.

• Advertisement

I know
    World War Two is An Dara Cogadh Domhanda
    (or however you spell it), I'm sorted :/

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Joey. wrote: »
    Hahahahaha that's awkward.
    Bring it ;)
    AGH Your from There too, Whoo I feel like a stalker!
    eh hmmmmm me and joey go there :P :rolleyes:
    L-O , L-O-R , L-O-R-E-T-O hon loreto ;) may i add we win the all ireland like every year ;) :P
    Soz but just coz ye won the last two, can i add we bet a team by 20 points in the quarter final whereas ye got a walkover, home advantage. Etc!! Travel up for it :D
    afc4life wrote: »
    Haha Oh rite, I new you were from Kilkenny with that user name! :p I tought you might have been in it because there was a team from Kilkenny in our semis on Sunday!!

Good luck anyway! :D
    OH NO YOU DIDN'T. I'm not from kilkenny, they're the enemies :D
    Where does it say the company?? We'd the Irish tape test today but there was no sign of a company on it? :( If anybody knows the company, the first piece was in a Northern Ireland accent!? :)

Last paper of the mocks tomorrow :D English 2 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

My mocks start tomorrow officially. And I'm looking up cheesy pick up lines.

Do you have a map? Because I keep getting lost in your eyes ;)

Siobhnk wrote: »
    My mocks start tomorrow officially. And I'm looking up cheesy pick up lines.

Do you have a map? Because I keep getting lost in your eyes ;)
    You're gonna love the maths exam :rolleyes::pac:

Was it the one about
    World War I and World War II
    ? That was DEB. It was horrific. And when the Donegal people started speaking I just threw myself down on the ground and tried to kill myself. No joke! :rolleyes:

French aural on the other hand was one of the easiest I've done, pretty confident for an A1 in that!

Guys, keep specific references to the Mocks thread please, and spoiler them.

Aw ****e I completely forgot! And usually I'm the one acting all condescendingly in the mocks thread when people don't use spoiler tags :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

You're gonna love the maths exam :rolleyes::pac:

Oh dear, why? :P

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Oh dear, why? :P
    Paper 1 was tricky :) Paper 2 is grand though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

The mocks thread is flat out :P funny to see all the accounts with 3 or 4 posts that have been made just for these few weeks.

Just signed up for midterm study today. 9:30 to 4, with an hours lunch.... that's gonna be alot of doodling... :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement