Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Hey I'm only asking you this because of your username, but do the words
    "In Love and Death" mean anything to you? :pac:

Yes. Yes they do. :D The Used are amazing. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

What course are you hoping to do? :)
    Unless I change my mind before Monday, English Literature & French or Modern European Languages (French and beginners Italian). Probably going to get rejected straight out but meh, at least I can say I tried...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Hey I'm only asking you this because of your username, but do the words
    "In Love and Death" mean anything to you? :pac:
    It's all about Sound Effects and Overdramatics <3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Sleep is needed right about now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

First chance for a lie in and what time do I wake up at? 8.15. I wouldn't mind but there was no one up and I couldn't get back to sleep :/ :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

You know they way you've to learn picture stories for the Irish and German oral, and the examiner picks one at random. If you got a ''sound'' examiner, would they ask you which one you want? It's not like anyone would know... Just a thought :D

13spanner wrote: »
    You know they way you've to learn picture stories for the Irish and German oral, and the examiner picks one at random. If you got a ''sound'' examiner, would they ask you which one you want? It's not like anyone would know... Just a thought :D

We were told they were face down and that we'd pick it at random... Could be wrong though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 King LeBron

Probably not, although I heard that this happened to a friend of a friend, so you never know! When I did it, the 2nd or 3rd fella that went in was convinced that the 'Pass Verloren' sheet was a lighter shade of yellow! It wasn't :p

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

It's all about Sound Effects and Overdramatics <3

I've only ever met one other person who likes The Used. This is a happy day for me. :p

Now if only they'd come to Ireland... :o

I've only ever met one other person who likes The Used. This is a happy day for me. :p

Now if only they'd come to Ireland... :o

Same! Most people I know haven't even heard of them..
    I'd love to see them live, though. :D Second last on my list!

By the way, anyone have any idea how to start weekend homework? I really can't be bothered..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Siobhnk wrote: »
    We were told they were face down and that we'd pick it at random... Could be wrong though :)
    Ah you're right too, my mistake :)

Isn't it 20 or something we've to know for Irish? Our teacher is leaving it to us to come up with it ''on the day.'' Lucky I'm doing grind...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I'd love to see them live, though. :D

By the way, anyone have any idea how to start weekend homework? I really can't be bothered..

I'v seen them live! It was in England though.

And at the weekends I always start homework with Chemistry cause it's my favourite. And if I try start with say English, i'll sit at my desk for hours repeating to myself "I ****ing hate English" :rolleyes:

Ah you're right too, my mistake :)

Isn't it 20 or something we've to know for Irish? Our teacher is leaving it to us to come up with it ''on the day.'' Lucky I'm doing grind...

Yeah it's 20 :/ are you serious? :o ours gave us 'guidelines' around the story etc. I wouldn't be able to make it up on the day!! My Irish is dire :P

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Full time procrastination for me today :(
    Will have to make up for it tomorrow

Mayo_Boy wrote: »

Ah it's never too late to start. Almost 9 and I'm starting my homework!
    First time I haven't left it all to Sunday. I feel proud. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Mayo_Boy wrote: »

+1, all I've done this first weekend.

Meant to have my French document done for monday, any ideas or tips?

(No AH answers...:rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

So four people here like The Used. That's actually amazing.

Here's a nice video for you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

So four people here like The Used. That's actually amazing.
    I like The Used! :P

Has anyone made a study plan yet? I'm starting tomorrow and I haven't a clue how to do it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

Not so much a study plan, as a study regime.
    Evening study start in my school on Monday, so im gonna do that, from 4pm-6pm, then home,get dinner, and library at 7pm-9pm. So that's a guaranteed 4hrs a day, which i think is enough to keep me going til at least Christmas. Prob do written homework in evening study, and revision/notes/ and other learning in the library.
    Doing hr level everything at the moment, but thinking of dropping to ordinary irish, since its totally useless for any college courses(bar primary school teaching), and I will have 7 other honors to choose from (well, depending if i stick with applied maths or not...)
    Aiming for around 550 in the lv cert, applying for medicine in a few weeks now...*gulp*

• Advertisement

Evening study start in my school on Monday, so im gonna do that, from 4pm-6pm, then home,get dinner, and library at 7pm-9pm. So that's a guaranteed 4hrs a day, which i think is enough to keep me going til at least Christmas. Prob do written homework in evening study, and revision/notes/ and other learning in the library.
    Doing hr level everything at the moment, but thinking of dropping to ordinary irish, since its totally useless for any college courses(bar primary school teaching), and I will have 7 other honors to choose from (well, depending if i stick with applied maths or not...)
    Aiming for around 550 in the lv cert, applying for medicine in a few weeks now...*gulp*

Holy crap you're so..I feel like I'm doing nothing now! :pac: With all that work you're deffo going to get your 550!
    I'm doing higher english, home ec, biology and physics. Dropping to pass german next week! :D
    Pass irish is the easiest thing in the world. Honestly, you'll deffo get an A1 in it if you're doing honours at the minute. I dropped in 5th year and it's such a massive difference!
    Good luck. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

thanks for the encouragement dude <3
    i dunno il il be able to keep up the regime, but **** it, 1 hard year for the rest of my life with a sick job......

It's not even a year really. It's like, what, 9 months? We can do that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

It's not even a year really. It's like, what, 9 months? We can do that! :D

Our Deputy Principal spoke to us at assembly and said to us not to look at it as 9 months but 33 weeks. It makes it seem an awful lot closer! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

Wow, fair play :pac: where are you applying to medicine? :cool:

Our Deputy Principal spoke to us at assembly and said to us not to look at it as 9 months but 33 weeks. It makes it seem an awful lot closer! :pac:

33 WEEKS?! :eek:
    Oh, well..erm, damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

33 WEEKS?! :eek:
    Oh, well..erm, damn.

Well, 32 now.. :L

Your reaction was that of our entire assembly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

Our Principal did that too, and listed out all the weeks between holidays and up to the mocks and everything. It was terrifying :P

Stop scaring me :(
    Did anyone else do TY? It's so weird seeing all my friends move out :(

• Advertisement

Lads, my school hasn't even mentioned anything like that! We've been given a biology revision plan and that's literally it. I'm worried now! :P

Yeah, I did TY. Only 2 people in my year skipped it. It was pretty cool, if I'm honest. My old best friend skipped though, and she turned in to a mega b-word..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement