Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite unsolved mystery?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

How about the Edmund Fitzgerald?

Always been one of my favourite songs :) (Alright; Since it came out! :rolleyes: FS)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Stigura wrote: »
    LMFAO!!! Exactly!!! :D

science ruining everything, next thing you'll tell me the bermuda triangle isnt aliens :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

The Triangle? Check out a film called " Satan's Triangle ". Doug McClure. For an older film ('75) you Will sh1t yeself! It's genuinely f**king horrible! :eek: (The only version I could find ~ on the tube ~ is so bad quality as to lose most of the effect, sadly)

But, yeah; Devils Triangle? Some great programmes made about that. Sadly, all rubbishable as all hell these days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Gussie Shanahan. Disappeared in Limerick 16 years ago. Good family, decent fella. Very sad for his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Fathom wrote: »
    Zodiac. San Francisco. Unsolved.

It's Ted Cruz.

Next

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

My favourite unsolved mystery is why anything exists at all. I've heard conspiracy theories that God created eventing, but I remain unconvinced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Sorry if this is already posted but the case of Lars Mittank is a bit bizarre.
    https://www.bizarrepedia.com/lars-mittank-mystery/

I wonder was it a brain injury,was he out of it on drugs or were some shady people going to get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Sorry if this is already posted but the case of Lars Mittank is a bit bizarre.
    https://www.bizarrepedia.com/lars-mittank-mystery/

I wonder was it a brain injury,was he out of it on drugs or were some shady people going to get him.

According to those pics this has now been solved, he is now called Conor McGregor!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

How did Ray Darcy get his own show?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭cml387

Don't you just hate it when you see an update to this fascinating thread hoping to read about a mystery you hadn't heard of before and it just turns out to be a meaningless stupid contribution.

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:
    cml387 wrote: »
    Don't you just hate it when you see an update to this fascinating thread hoping to read about a mystery you hadn't heard of before and it just turns out to be a meaningless stupid contribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

cml387 wrote: »

Was hoping this was going to be about an awesome unsolved mystery but it's just another meaningless contribution...

Build a bridge and get over it. This is boards.ie lighten up a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Ted111

frag420 wrote: »
    Was hoping this was going to be about an awesome unsolved mystery but it's just another meaningless contribution...

+1

Ted111 wrote: »
    +1

Like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

What are these noises that are still supposedly being reported across the world?

Some conspiracy theorists think those sounds come from HAARP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

learn_more wrote: »
    My favourite unsolved mystery is why anything exists at all. I've heard conspiracy theories that God created eventing, but I remain unconvinced.
    He created three day eventing (in three days).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 (still missing).

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

LordSutch wrote: »

There's many a good story to that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

There surely is, what with 239 people still unaccounted for :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

According to some, it landed at Diego Garcia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I hope I live long enough to see this solved.

Youd imagine more parts would've washed up by now

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Shergar6

Maddie McCann - did the parents have anything to do with it? (Besides the blatant neglect that they should have been charged with)

Hai and Adnan - I mean - logically he must have killed her, yet he sounded so believable in the Serial podcasts

DB Cooper - that's bloody weird. Sounds like a made up story.

Rachel O'Reilly - we know Joe killed her. The question is did Nikki Pelley know he was going to do it....

Making a Murder - I don't think Steve is innocent but the cops were shady as **** there too.

Lost ending - i still don't get it

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Shergar6

Wattle wrote: »
    You beat me to it. I would love to know what really happened to him that day. I live in the area and get off the bus from work right across from his house. It's a constantly busy road and he was taken in broad daylight. If someone did abduct him they must have had literally seconds to do it

Or it was somebody he knew - Anybody reading Gareth O'Callaghan's FB posts? Huge pedophile rings in the Rathfarnham area (and elsewhere) back then involving all sorts of pillars of the community. Scary stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Unraveling the mystery of my father's biological parents. I thought when we got his birth records this summer it would be pretty straight forward, but it's proven to be much more complicated and the more I learn, the more questions I have and the more mysterious it somehow gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I'm rather intrigued by that beeping or pinging sound in the arctic !

It seems to have been widely reported, and it seems to be taken seriously, but I haven't found anything saying there was any recording of it. A tourist boat was supposed to have seen it on sonar, but shouldn't there be some recording available then ?

http://www.sciencealert.com/the-canadian-military-is-investigating-a-mysterious-sound-from-the-bottom-of-the-arctic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭The White Feather

A very sad one.

The Allenstown Murders.A woman and 3 kids found all bashed in the head, wrapped in bags, put into barrels and buried in the woods 30 years ago.

Who were they and why were they killed???

Details at this link with new facial mapping to show what they looked like.

Wiki here

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

Why am I only now finding this thread? Excellent stuff on here to follow up on tomorrow, gonna keep me occupied all week. Thanks to all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Ted111

nkav86 wrote: »
    Why am I only now finding this thread? l

There are many theories.
    But we may never know the real answer, and shall remain unsolved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

Ted111 wrote:
    There are many theories. But we may never know the real answer, and shall remain unsolved.

Lol nice......

Advertisement