Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite unsolved mystery?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 summonerm

Where's that damn goldfish which grants you three wishes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

More strange/creepy than mysterious but an interesting case all the same.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_and_Jennifer_Gibbons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

MadDog76 wrote: »
    More strange/creepy than mysterious but an interesting case all the same.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_and_Jennifer_Gibbons

that is mad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

The children who went up in smoke

Christmas Eve, 1945. A fire starts at the Sodder's home. A night of horror for the parents who can only watch helplessly as their home burns down to the ground, as the fire services take hours to arrive.
    Five of their children perished in the fire. Or did they ?
    No remains were found in the ashes.
    The Sodder parents will, to their death, try and find out what happened to their children.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/the-children-who-went-up-in-smoke-172429802/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

The children who went up in smoke

Christmas Eve, 1945. A fire starts at the Sodder's home. A night of horror for the parents who can only watch helplessly as their home burns down to the ground, as the fire services take hours to arrive.
    Five of their children perished in the fire. Or did they ?
    No remains were found in the ashes.
    The Sodder parents will, to their death, try and find out what happened to their children.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/the-children-who-went-up-in-smoke-172429802/

www.thinkingsidewayspodcast.com covered this in this weeks show, completely ruined it for me by debunking the myth the kids were missing....well worth a listen if you have time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Thanks, I will, although I'm not sure I want to know. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Notavirus.exe

Is it true that Shergar was stuffed? Waterford Whispers is the only news thing to claim so. :rolleyes:

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2013/09/26/stuffed-shergar-found-in-sitting-room-of-mcfeely-home/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I love the Voynich manuscript too!!!

What can it be, who will finally write the definitive translation into a modern European language?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

eviltwin wrote: »
    www.thinkingsidewayspodcast.com covered this in this weeks show, completely ruined it for me by debunking the myth the kids were missing....well worth a listen if you have time

Link doesn't work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,655 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

What happened to the missing Westmeath cattle?
    Now there's a mystery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

What happened to the missing Westmeath cattle?
    Now there's a mystery.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057502128;)

eviltwin wrote: »

What did it say please?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 230 ✭✭garrixfan

The city appearing in the clouds over that city in china

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

garrixfan wrote: »
    The city appearing in the clouds over that city in china

The wha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

MH370

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The disappearance of Madeline McCann. I'm convinced the parents are hiding something.

Also, the Meredith Kurtcher murder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭scurnane

The murders that were blamed on the "west Memphis 3"

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    The disappearance of Madeline McCann. I'm convinced the parents are hiding something.

I know what you mean, but we got be careful what we say about her parents because in all likelyhood they are 100% victims in this horrific nightmare (God help them), even though some may be head scratching and raising questions...

Could it have been all three who comitted the crime?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

scurnane wrote: »
    The murders that were blamed on the "west Memphis 3"

??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Rudy Guede murdered Meredith alone.

Hopefully the lead prosecutor and forensic lead are charged with perverting the course of justice soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Rudy Guede murdered Meredith alone.

Hopefully the lead prosecutor and forensic lead are charged with perverting the course of justice soon.

This is my thinking too. Very interesting case all the same, many twists in the tale.

I think Amanda is innocent in the whole thingthing, the Italians seem to have had a set on her from the beginning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

This one is not an unsolved mystery as such since, as mentioned above, Meredith Kutcher was murdered by Rudy Guede. The mystery lies in "did he act alone or did he, as the papers say, accidentally kill her during an orgy with a couple of twenty year old eedjits he'd never met and who were demonstrably elsewhere at the time"?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

This is my thinking too. Very interesting case all the same, many twists in the tale.

I think Amanda is innocent in the whole thingthing, the Italians seem to have had a set on her from the beginning

Yes I find the story of how the forensic team discovered the famous bra clasp particularly funny.

We'll not really funny as it cost two young people four years of imprisonment.

"With the renewed challenge to implicate Sollecito, Investigators headed back to the cottage and miraculously found exactly what they needed, collecting the bra clasp off the floor in Kercher’s room, 46 days after her murder, from an unsecured and contaminated crime scene. In an odd spectacle, police video footage reveals investigators gathering around this single piece of evidence as if they already knew they had what they needed. During their celebration, the clasp was dropped on the floor, stepped on, picked back up, and then passed between several investigators wearing visibly dirty gloves as if it was a prized possession. Video footage also shows these same investigators handling multiple pieces of evidence on the floor wearing the same gloves."

http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/crime/op-ed-dna-laboratory-fraud-revealed-in-amanda-knox-case/article/386758

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    What did it say please?

I can't open the link either but I'm guessing that the children's bodies could indeed have been destroyed by the fire and the parents simply couldn't accept it. Sad story either way.

Dolbert wrote: »
    I can't open the link either but I'm guessing that the children's bodies could indeed have been destroyed by the fire and the parents simply couldn't accept it. Sad story either way.

But what about all the odd things that happened before, coming up to the fire? And the kids being watched? Strange! I had never heard this story before recently and now it has me captivated!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Ayls

The murder of the Al-Hilli family in Annecy, would love to know what happened there.

Jill Dando.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    But what about all the odd things that happened before, coming up to the fire? And the kids being watched? Strange! I had never heard this story before recently and now it has me captivated!

A lot of stuff can seem significant in hindsight though, especially when you're desperate to believe anything other than the worst :(

Advertisement