Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite unsolved mystery?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Aye, what would they do without it?* ;)

* Answer: They'd find something else to latch onto like a lock-jawwed staffie with a bone
    Hmm. I'd be latching onto Operation Northwoods somwhat more than Building 7. Building 7 was operational expediency. Northwoods is an admitted conceptual strategic pathway. One mans rejection is another mans acceptance. Bush was no kennedy and feck knows, kennedy was no Mother teresa, who was no great shakes herself.

The Conspiracy theorists will latch onto technicalities and so be ridiculed and dismissed, but if the central proposal is distilled to it's bones, it's no biggie. You don't need a load of people, or a load of explosives planted anywhere, or a huge swathe of the establishment to keep its mouth shut to protect the operation. All you need is a few small millions, a team of six or seven skilled field operatives to manipulate the hijackers actual superiors, some good paperwork and fourteen or fifteen already committed Jihadis who, with a small bit of a push and a steer, will do all the work on a shoestring and be none the wiser.. After that, it's just some mid-air hijackings and steering some planes for a bit. Epitomy of a lot of bang for your buck. And the twin towers bang led to an awful lot of bucks for a lot of people and companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Aw, I thought this thread might be fun but it's full of Truthers. Has anyone used the term 'Sheeple' yet? That's quite popular among them :D

Aw, I thought this thread might be fun but it's full of Truthers. Has anyone used the term 'Sheeple' yet? That's quite popular among them :D
    Refute what I've said, so. I'm less a "truther", whatever the hell that is, than a cynical, jaded git. But you go ahead and refute my "theories". Knock yourself out. :) Mine don't have explosives, thermite or big complex plots. It's just a camera flash, some money and passports and a reason why. Much the same as always. Just to keep you happy, I'll not bore you with any more. I was boring myself anyway.

• Has there ever been a reason given, why these buildings turned to dust?

Has there ever been a reason given, why these buildings turned to dust?
    Yeah, they caught fire and collapsed after some boys flew a feckin plane into them. Tends to turn things quite dusty at the best of times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭coleria

eug87 wrote: »
    Kaz ii or the "The ghost yacht".

Three very experienced sailors disappeared into thin air with everything in place even a full cup of coffee on a table meaning no freak waves or anything.
    This case is still unsolved and none of the bodies were located.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaz_II :confused:

This was on the Discovery channel the last day,

One of the guys was fishing on the back of the boat and either slipped or caught a big fish/shark and got pulled into the water, he wasn't a good swimmer so his brother (a good swimmer) jumped in to save him, meanwhile the Helmsman turned the boat around to pick them up, (from the GPS the boat made a sudden turn) and more than likely the sail swung around and knocked him into the water aswell, then the three men floated in the water and watched the boat sail away. horrible way to go

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

The convenient blind eye turned to Israeli aggressive air incursions to Iranian airspace and various software and black operations targetting the Iranians overtly and covertly is another. Israel is kicking Iran in the shins under the dinner table constantly, but if Amadinajad loses it and throws a bread roll at Israel, pistols will be whipped out and he'll get shot dead as "the aggressor". He must be holding out too strongly against western carbon interests..he'll get his so. Uppity Arabs that don't play ball on pipelines and supply contracts tend to get a bad press followed by a shot of vitamin D.

Ahmadinejad ain't President of Iran any more.

Ahmadinejad ain't President of Iran any more.
    There's another mystery to be solved. What happened armoureddinnerjacket? In fairness, rouhani is only in a wet week, how feckin current do you expect me to be? Anyway, since when did facts have to be introduced into a good "what happened theory"?? Hah. I stopped absorbing information in 2001. I just get a "storage inadequate" warning flashed up on my cornea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Merrion

Where do flies go in winter?

Merrion wrote: »
    They go into flybernation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Merrion wrote: »

Flyami

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

The Conspiracy theorists will latch onto technicalities and so be ridiculed and dismissed, but if the central proposal is distilled to it's bones, it's no biggie. You don't need a load of people, or a load of explosives planted anywhere, or a huge swathe of the establishment to keep its mouth shut to protect the operation. All you need is a few small millions, a team of six or seven skilled field operatives to manipulate the hijackers actual superiors, some good paperwork and fourteen or fifteen already committed Jihadis who, with a small bit of a push and a steer, will do all the work on a shoestring and be none the wiser.. After that, it's just some mid-air hijackings and steering some planes for a bit. Epitomy of a lot of bang for your buck. And the twin towers bang led to an awful lot of bucks for a lot of people and companies.

AKA find out who possibly benefits from an event, decide they must be the cause = exciting conspiracy theory.

(Hint: it's nearly always the Jews or the US government)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

I stopped absorbing information in 2001.

Clearly ;)

Jonny7 wrote: »
    AKA find out who possibly benefits from an event, decide they must be the cause = exciting conspiracy theory.

(Hint: it's nearly always the Jews or the US government)
    Hint, I was thinking more Halliburton or Blackwater, or Boac, but whatever floats your goat.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Refute what I've said, so. I'm less a "truther", whatever the hell that is, than a cynical, jaded git. But you go ahead and refute my "theories". Knock yourself out. :)

CT forum is that-a-way
    >

CT forum is that-a-way
    >
    Someone who really cares and has a strong opinion either way,

thattaway <====>.

I was just doing my Scooby-Do impression. Thought today, I'm feeling a little shaggy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

RoverZT wrote: »
    The universe.

I like this theory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

CT forum is that-a-way
    >

Thats what they want you to think....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

Hans Blix struggled a bit with the whole "finding weapons of mass destruction" thing too. That didn't get in the way of a good story either. The fact that France has the capacity to enrich infinitely more uranium than Iran does or will, won't get in the way of Iran becoming a fully paid up member of the bad lads club fairly shortly either. The convenient blind eye turned to Israeli aggressive air incursions to Iranian airspace and various software and black operations targetting the Iranians overtly and covertly is another. Israel is kicking Iran in the shins under the dinner table constantly, but if Amadinajad loses it and throws a bread roll at Israel, pistols will be whipped out and he'll get shot dead as "the aggressor". He must be holding out too strongly against western carbon interests..he'll get his so. Uppity Arabs that don't play ball on pipelines and supply contracts tend to get a bad press followed by a shot of vitamin D.

a little over a year ago, Iran started to trade oil for commodities with Turkey and India, which meant that they dropped the dollar as the main currency for trading commodities... this cannot be allowed to continue as it would spell the end for the American dollar if the trend was to spread. In fact, Saddam had planned to drop the American dollar as the main currency for trading Iraqi oil, and change to the Euro.. see what happened him!

(we might be in the wrong forum here... sorry mods)

In January 2006 in New York, the patient of a well-known psychiatrist draws the face of a man that has been repeatedly appearing in her dreams. In more than one occasion that man has given her advice on her private life. The woman swears she has never met the man in her life.

That portrait lies forgotten on the psychiatrist’s desk for a few days until one day another patient recognizes that face and says that the man has often visited him in his dreams. He also claims he has never seen that man in his waking life.

The psychiatrist decides to send the portrait to some of his colleagues that have patients with recurrent dreams. Within a few months, four patients recognize the man as a frequent presence in their own dreams. All the patients refer to him as THIS MAN.

From January 2006 until today, at least 2000 people have claimed they have seen this man in their dreams, in many cities all over the world: Los Angeles, Berlin, Sao Paulo, Tehran, Beijing, Rome, Barcelona, Stockholm, Paris, New Delhi, Moscow etc.

At the moment there is no ascertained relation or common trait among the people that have dreamed of seeing this man. Moreover, no living man has ever been recognized as resembling the man of the portrait by the people who have seen this man in their dreams.

Ever see this man in your dreams?

http://www.thisman.org/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭BlurstMonkey

a little over a year ago, Iran started to trade oil for commodities with Turkey and India, which meant that they dropped the dollar as the main currency for trading commodities... this cannot be allowed to continue as it would spell the end for the American dollar if the trend was to spread. In fact, Saddam had planned to drop the American dollar as the main currency for trading Iraqi oil, and change to the Euro.. see what happened him!

Gaddafi was also doing something similar shortly before his fall.

Yeah, I know. But if you say stuff like that, people label you a conspiracy theorist. It's a good way of shutting people up, label them as a nutter. It solves a multitude..

Thats what they want you to think....

What would CTists do without this omnipresent "they"? Bless their socks.

What would CTists do without this omnipresent "they"? Bless their socks.
    They'd be like you. They would assume the world was nice and fluffy with everyone on the same rule-book and working for the common good. I call it "being totally naive". You might have a nicer way of putting it. Others might have had more cause to deal with "they" and had their eyes opened. I also know full well "they" read this, and that makes me wary of being very candid. Hello "they", btw. Threads like this make me nervous as fcuk tbh, cos "they" play very rough.

They'd be like you. They would assume the world was nice and fluffy with everyone on the same rule-book and working for the common good. I call it "being totally naive". You might have a nicer way of putting it. Others might have had more cause to deal with "they" and had their eyes opened.

Yep, because you can only be the polar opposite of a conspiracy theorist. There is no in-between.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

Gaddafi was also doing something similar shortly before his fall.

he was indeed. I remember hearing about his plans to create a single African dollar.

BigCon wrote: »

Ha ha :D he is a bit like the identity Andy Dufresne created in the Shawshank or Keyser Sose. Complete phantom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

who was the man form the pru?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I've only gotten to page 17 of this so far but it's brilliant. Thanks everybody for your entries thus far!

• Advertisement

The History Channel take on the mystery that seems to have come up in this thread the most

Advertisement