Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Damn my weak sinuses! This is twice in the last 2 and a half months they have flared up. I'm going to have to tell them to man up and stop making me sick :pac:

(not med advice!)
    Ever tried sinus rinses? They're selling like hotcakes from my place, getting great reports from them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

(not med advice!)
    Ever tried sinus rinses? They're selling like hotcakes from my place, getting great reports from them.

No, it's shilling!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

(not med advice!)

I went to a Doc and got a prescription since it's a bit worse than normal. I'd normally try and avoid a doctor/drugs where possible, but this was a bit worse than normal and I sort of need to be back to normal for work ASAP.

For normal sinus problems I tend to use Sudafed. Might keep an eye out for those though!

Edit: I also seem to be trying to set a record for how many times I can say normal in the one sentence. Methinks I doth protest too much :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

It's payday tomorrow, I am a big massive fan of payday:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Kya1976 wrote: »

every friday is pay day for me :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Me too except it's slightly disheartening for me also - I've setup my standing orders to come out of my account on payday

So I check my account see a lump sum lodged, get happy, then, having forgotten about my standing orders proceed to read down through the list and see the pitiful sum I'm left with....this always saddens me

On the plus side I got holiday pay from finishing my previous job last week so I'll get to blow that on something I have no use for whatsoever....gona be awesome...at the time :D

Cash in Hand you'll say next!! :pac:

I prefer the monthly salary - it takes a while to get used to but you budget alot better and save more in general I find

Show off:p I hate getting paid monthly!

PaulieC wrote: »
    Cash in Hand you'll say next!! :pac:

I prefer the monthly salary - it takes a while to get used to but you budget alot better and save more in general I find

I aint saying nothin >_>

I much prefer it weekly.

Me too except it's slightly disheartening for me also - I've setup my standing orders to come out of my account on payday

So I check my account see a lump sum lodged, get happy, then, having forgotten about my standing orders proceed to read down through the list and see the pitiful sum I'm left with....this always saddens me

On the plus side I got holiday pay from finishing my previous job last week so I'll get to blow that on something I have no use for whatsoever....gona be awesome...at the time :D

Haha I know the feeling, most of my standing orders goes out on the 25th as well, make me feel slightly sad to see that money leaving the account:(

What did you spend the money on??

• Advertisement

I feel jealous now, don't get paid until the last day of the month. One more week to go!

I feel jealous now, don't get paid until the last day of the month. One more week to go!
    It sucks to be you so hehe:cool::pac:

Haha I know the feeling, most of my standing orders goes out on the 25th as well, make me feel slightly sad to see that money leaving the account:(

What did you spend the money on??
    I saved slightly more than I normally would - I dipped into the savings once or twice to pay for the holiday etc. and don't like doing that...

I'll probably buy a TV stand & a little shelving unit for keeping DVD/xbox/wii games in - got a 42" last month and it's currently resting on a coffee table, the only tables in Argos that're down as being able to support the weight of 42" are around €100 quid so might get one of those - normally I'd baulk at paying that much for something so mundane but it's an investment really - like the TV, I'll hopefully be using them for a long, long time.

I'd chance getting a table for cheaper that's build for a 32" TV but if it breaks then so does the TV so it's a bit of a catch 22!!

The remainder will go on beer during the upcoming Jazz festival :D

It sucks to be you so hehe:cool::pac:

Except next week when I'll be the king of having money :pac:

I saved slightly more than I normally would - I dipped into the savings once or twice to pay for the holiday etc. and don't like doing that...

I'll probably buy a TV stand & a little shelving unit for keeping DVD/xbox/wii games in - got a 42" last month and it's currently resting on a coffee table, the only tables in Argos that're down as being able to support the weight of 42" are around €100 quid so might get one of those - normally I'd baulk at paying that much for something so mundane but it's an investment really - like the TV, I'll hopefully be using them for a long, long time.

I'd chance getting a table for cheaper that's build for a 32" TV but if it breaks then so does the TV so it's a bit of a catch 22!!

The remainder will go on beer during the upcoming Jazz festival :D
    At least you're saving!:)

Oh IKEA does stuff like that I think, they are usually quite cheap as well, but it's a hassle to put the IKEA 'jigsaw puzzles' together though..

It''s always nice to have a bit of extra cash to spend though.

At least you're saving!:)

Oh IKEA does stuff like that I think, they are usually quite cheap as well, but it's a hassle to put the IKEA 'jigsaw puzzles' together though..

It''s always nice to have a bit of extra cash to spend though.
    I'd go to Ikea were I heading to Dublin but won't be up for a good while I'd say - and it's hardly worth the trip for just one item

I don't mind the jigsaw thing - would normally put stuff together fairly easily once I'm left to my own devices :)

I'd go to Ikea were I heading to Dublin but won't be up for a good while I'd say - and it's hardly worth the trip for just one item

I don't mind the jigsaw thing - would normally put stuff together fairly easily once I'm left to my own devices :)
    Ah yea, there is only one in Dublin, well Argos is alright too:) But they don't have meatballs though or daimcake mmmh

I broke my wrist putting one of those puzzles together, never again. :p

Ah yea, there is only one in Dublin, well Argos is alright too:) But they don't have meatballs though or daimcake mmmh

I broke my wrist putting one of those puzzles together, never again. :p
    Should've left it to a man :pac: - Karma will ensure I break something next time I assemble an item of furniture no doubt!! :(

The only thing I liked in Ikea were these Potato cake things - kinda like hash browns but they had cheese and brocolli in them - they were unreal and it was around €1 for two or three - unreal value :)

I heard Ikea were trying to get planning permission down near Mitchellstown I think it was.

Should've left it to a man :pac: - Karma will ensure I break something next time I assemble an item of furniture no doubt!! :(

The only thing I liked in Ikea were these Potato cake things - kinda like hash browns but they had cheese and brocolli in them - they were unreal and it was around €1 for two or three - unreal value :)

I sure hope so:pac:

Hmm not sure what they are, don't think I ever tried them. I usually just go there to eat so I might give them a go next time:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Just had a Denny chicken and ham pie for dinner.Im pretty confident it consisted of little more than chicken heads and hog anus but damned if it wasnt tasty head and anus.

Just had a Denny chicken and ham pie for dinner.Im pretty confident it consisted of little more than chicken heads and hog anus but damned if it wasnt tasty head and anus.
    Chicken and Mushroom pies ftw!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Determined to use this for lighting fags as often as possible.

Dissassemble-the-Lighter.jpg

There's something "grand" about using it instead of a 30c lighter. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Be very careful -
    Thought I was deadly with one of those a few months back. It's deceptively long.
    Bye bye eyelashes.
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,692 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Yer going as a gay meer cat?:confused::pac:
    Thhhhhhimples! **flops hand**

Not just any oul gay meerkat, an amazing interviewer aswell.
    Piers and Alexandr having a chat

So anyone not making it to work / college this morning? My buses seem to be running very late,but there seems to be less traffic on the roads.so hoping I wont be too late.whether or not my office is flooded is another story...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Made it in an hour-ish later. Going to discuss with my manager about getting VPN access arranged so I could work from home if something like this is to keep on occuring. Missing a day would be a pain in the ass for me.

Especially when it's likely there could be a bad winter to follow.

Yeah they're giving a bad winter.i keep meaning to sort myself out to work from home too,but since my contract is up in a month dunno if i'll bother. Office is fine here,grrr

Dang, didn't realise you were only on again for a short term with them. Would be rather hard to look for more work with the way the weather is keeping up now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

I reluctantly decided to not go to college. Not cycling in this weather and the bus, if on schedule, would be too late to make it anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement