Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gloves At The Deli Counter

Options
  • 20-08-2011 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭

Don't the gloves at the deli counter lose all purpose if the worker uses the same gloves for everything?

Today, while ordering a roll the slob behind the counter cleaned some dirt that was below the counter, before proceeding to make the roll. :mad:

In an attempt to recuperate my losses, I read a newspaper from the shop while still in there without paying for it. Felt good man, felt good. :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Some deli workers are brain dead, they think the purpose of the gloves is to protect their hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

i find it annoying when the same worker would serve and handle cash with the gloves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I have asked them to change gloves as they were washing prior to making my sandwich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Once they didnt pick their hole with it then no need for concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,119 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

It'd be worse if you were in a busy A & E and the doctor didn't change gloves. In fairness

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

orourkeda wrote: »
    Once they didnt pick their hole with it then no need for concern.

If they're handling lots of coins while wearing the gloves, then preparing food that you are going to eat with those gloves, then there is cause for concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

It pisses me off when they use the same knife for all the food. Like I don't wanna taste what the person before me had. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

If they're handling lots of coins while wearing the gloves, then preparing food that you are going to eat with those gloves, then there is cause for concern.

man up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Not really. Its not actually going to get you sick or kill you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭looky loo

ah dry yer eyes...didnt your mother spit on a hanky to clean yer face. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I work in a Deli and we're required to change our gloves before serving at the counter every time. If there are people not doing that then they're not doing it right.

Though serving several people at the same counter without changing gloves is ok if you dont touch anything dirty or aren't going to handle hot food after handling cold food or vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

Bought a sandwich in Dublin about 2 weeks ago, the guy didn't use gloves at all! And neither did another worker, I don't think the place even had gloves! Wouldn't have taken the sandwich but it was seriously cheap! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Krizdarkfall

the wearing glove ****e is nothing, what about those baskets they have with doughnuts and cookies on display ALL day, every little ****ebag touching them "mmaa can i have a cookie,look mmaa half price"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

robman60 wrote: »
    Don't the gloves at the deli counter lose all purpose if the worker uses the same gloves for everything?

Today, while ordering a roll the slob behind the counter cleaned some dirt that was below the counter, before proceeding to make the roll. :mad:

In an attempt to recuperate my losses, I read a newspaper from the shop while still in there without paying for it. Felt good man, felt good. :cool:
    Make your own fucking lunch if its such a problem.

You can't be lazy and picky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

ive gone to deli's before, ordered food, watched them make it, no gloves.. once they had it to me, i say, sorry, can you make that fresh. they say, what? it is fresh. then i tell them they didnt wear gloves...

i usually end up with no lunch :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Yeah I bet they scratch their arse with them when nobody is watching.

You don't even want to know what's in the mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

TheUsual wrote: »

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

TheUsual wrote: »

Theres a reason why mayo is white. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Theres a reason why mayo is white. ;)

Racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

My local super value used to have a help yourself deli counter, all you needed was a big plastic spoon or your hand or whatever tickled your fancy. I could never bring myself to buy anything from it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Ditch

bigneacy wrote: »
    It pisses me off when they use the same knife for all the food. Like I don't wanna taste what the person before me had. :mad:

Yep: " Bacon and fried egg sandwich, please :) "

Five minutes later? Bite. Spit! Gag! :mad: Who the hell asked for bread soaked in fucking Cucumber juice?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

I work in Dominos and we don't wear gloves, and I'm pretty sure most pizza places don't either. Our food is all cooked though, but I've had to stand there and take bollox from a couple of crazy women (not being sexist or anything, but it always seems to be women :D) that are convinced we should be wearing gloves. We all wash our hands literally every 5 mins, and even have a damn alarm that goes off every 20 mins for this purpose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

robman60 wrote: »

he clearly thought nothing of making that roll for you after he went for a piss a few moments prior to that and wriggled it dry with the same gloves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

I work in Dominos and we don't wear gloves, and I'm pretty sure most pizza places don't either. Our food is all cooked though, but I've had to stand there and take bollox from a couple of crazy women (not being sexist or anything, but it always seems to be women :D) that are convinced we should be wearing gloves. We all wash our hands literally every 5 mins, and even have a damn alarm that goes off every 20 mins for this purpose!

women probably use a whole bog roll on the jax each time they go to the loo, thats why they go in pairs to make the job ...erm easier.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Ah yea but in Dominoes you are all separate - i.e. the guy who is putting the toppings on the pizza isn't the same guy as is putting money through the till, etc.
    In shop delis, it's often the same person doing both!

As a side note, why don't Dominoes workers wear gloves? Is it just not a company requirement, or is there a specific reason why gloves shouldn't be worn?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

mmm! melted plastic topping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭DoneDL

I doubt many chefs or bakers wear gloves, I think that a clean area with hand washing facilities will be more important than gloves.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭jsd1004

Ah yea but in Dominoes you are all separate - i.e. the guy who is putting the toppings on the pizza isn't the same guy as is putting money through the till, etc.

As a side note, why don't Dominoes workers wear gloves? Is it just not a company requirement, or is there a specific reason why gloves shouldn't be worn?

Gloves are only as a clean as the last thing they have touched. I have seen people wear the same pair of gloves for an entire shift..Yum..Chefs do not wear gloves either. Dealing with hot surfaces is not good with gloves on. Hot rubber and skin is not nice.

LOL, it looks like not wearing gloves might be the least of our worries! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Restaurant chefs don't wear gloves so why should pizza chefs. It would be a bitch to handle and roll pizza dough with gloves. Maybe dominoes dough comes pre rolled.

Advertisement