Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2011-2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Anyone sure of the ticket prices today. I'm in Dublin so very much considering hanging around here and spinning across to Tullamore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭seananigans

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Anyone sure of the ticket prices today. I'm in Dublin so very much considering hanging around here and spinning across to Tullamore.

20€ i belive 10 for the stands

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Mr Tibbs

Best of luck to Waterford this evening. Its going to be a hard one for this youthfull team against an Offaly side that put four goals a past Kilkenny. That's something I could never see Waterford doing. All this talk of Offaly being in division IB can be very misleading as Tipp found out against Limerick. The changing of the goal keeper and introducing a corner forward is telling me we do not have a settled fifteen. I hope it works out today because I could not see Michael Ryan lasting any longer if we are beaten.
    We are seen as a team in transition and a scalp easy to take after our poor showing against Clare in most other counties. The only way to change that perception of course is to beat Offaly which is not going to be an easy task. Looking at our performance against Clare and Offaly's performance against Kilkenny you would have to say Offaly would have the bigger advantage here especially as the game is in Tullamore. Roll on 7 o'clock may the best team win and hopefully it will be a good game we need a good performance after our last game.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Hslaw

waterford U14 girls won there second all ireland today

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Congrats to the Waterford ladies winning the All Ireland U14B competition against Westmeath 4-10 to 0-11. Last 20 minutes they seemed to blitz Westmeath with a run of points to win it

• Advertisement

i think thats waterfords story again kilkenny over the years, if offaly have one thing over waterford is they know how to win all irelands;);)

Westmeath prevailed today ,so the prize is an away game to London .

Anyone up for a road trip :-)

But first of all we need a result :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Darkest Horse

Westmeath prevailed today ,so the prize is an away game to London .

Anyone up for a road trip :-)

But first of all we need a result :-(

A game against Westmeath in London?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

listening to it online here. sounded like a soft goal?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

robopaddy wrote: »
    listening to it online here. sounded like a soft goal?

O Keeffe fumbled it, seemed to hang up in the wind, Liam Lawlor picked it up, then tried to give a handpass across the large square which was intercepted. Poor goal to give away - Ryan wouldn't be happy with that!

O Keeffe fumbled it, seemed to hang up in the wind, Liam Lawlor picked it up, then tried to give a handpass across the large square which was intercepted. Poor goal to give away - Ryan wouldn't be happy with that!

sugar. sounds like were in a game as expected anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

good to hear maurice having a good game on frees and 2 from play.

must have been a lot of target practice in training after the clare game

A game against Westmeath in London?

prevailed = won therefore London are in the qualifiers ,read it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

prevailed = won therefore London are in the qualifiers ,read it again

The London Westmearh game was a preliminary qualifier, so London are out and Westmeath are through. Winners are going to Mullingar.

London had been previously beaten by Carlow, Westmeath knocked out of Leinster by Antrim.

Mahony on for Barron. I have yet to hear Brian O'Sullivan's name be mentioned.

The London Westmearh game was a preliminary qualifier, so London are out and Westmeath are through. Winners are going to Mullingar.

London had been previously beaten by Carlow, Westmeath knocked out of Leinster by Antrim.

Mahony on for Barron. I have yet to hear Brian O'Sullivan's name be mentioned.

I retire to eat my humble pie *retires*

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Darkest Horse

I retire to eat my humble pie *retires*

Hmmmmmm, not sure why I thanked your post. Wasn't I sort of right? :D

4 points up but playing into a strong wind in the second half. All to do yet

Looks like Maurice has really stepped up to the plate tonight great to see as we need leaders in the forwards

• Registered Users Posts: 37,804 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Up by the famous 4 points. Nerve racking up here

They just need to play better. Against The wind could be an advantage with the pace up front. And there's a chance that Offaly might hit more wides. They will be able to hit their big men from further away however.

Bottom line, we're 4 up, that's good enough if we play well in this half. We'll need a goal or two I think, and so we can't waste two chances and gift them one like the first half. That's a nine point swing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Adamant on WLR Seamus should have had a penalty but ref gave a free out, seems he's doing fcuk all for us. Then Offaly go up other end and get a point. It's gonna be tight.

Cake Man wrote: »
    Adamant on WLR Seamus should have had a penalty but ref gave a free out, seems he's doing fcuk all for us. Then Offaly go up other end and get a point. It's gonna be tight.

Same complaint on RTE, same again now with maurice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Miss of the year!

Jesus it's frustrating, anything we seem to try isn't coming off. Jake just wide and everything Offaly touching going over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Offaly fouling the fcuk out of us.

Offaly fouled themselves out of the game the last day,heres hoping for the same

• Registered Users Posts: 37,804 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Offaly staring to get on top

sounds like we remembered who we are, Babyshan having some blinder , looks like they're settling now, need to pull away while we can

Come on lads drive on to fcuk

FFS, Brick fouled after he cleared the ball and the ref gives Offaly a free? This fella is a fcuking joke, if we lose this there will be uproar.

is Brick at much today? first time hearing his name all game on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Ref is killing us.

• Advertisement

I can't handle not being there, it's awful! Not even being able to see it. Aaaaaah

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement