Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2011-2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

robopaddy wrote: »

Posting a picture of a penis on top of some lads head can hardly be classified as putting manners on someone but anyway ill let you win the battle that seems to be going on in your head. To be fair you talk a bit more sence in the above post it was the previous post where u were talking about how we will beat tipp in the munster final that irked me somehow insinuating that cork will be brushed aside. Luckily for us however you are not in charge of this team and the management will keep our lads feet firmly on the ground

think back further again paddy about the league game and our discussion about ray barry, and that picture of " a penis on top of some lads head " was reference to a " dickhead " in response to a picture of a toy troll that you posted, good aul paddy, good to see that that selective memory of yours is still working anyway!! i never said we would beat tipp in the munster final, what i said was that i would be a lot more confident of beating them in the munster final with a more settled team, lads back from injury and an extra game under our belts so dont twist my words either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

Orizio wrote: »
    ManFromCheese makes some persuasive and knowledgeable points in my opinion.

Nice try lad! Hes about the only one i know that has ye written off in fhe semi final but leveryone else knows therel scarcely be a puck of the ball in it either way. Should be a great game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

KevIRL wrote: »
    Nice try Orizio, but no dice :pac:

2004 called it wants is jinxing back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 kerrrBLAHHH

noiniho wrote: »
    Ya probably be Tourins game alright, espeically seeing as there is alot of trouble up in Cappoquin, the management team walked out en masse a few weeks ago and some players are gone too

Thisngs are bad up in Cappoquin if they cant hang on to some of the best underage hurlers they have produced in a long time in Finan and Conor Murray... and their father Fintan after all the work he does underage would be a bigger loss!
    They are doing very well at underage but the adult club must be badly run

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭alllcounty

Why don’t Tourin and Cappoquin join up together at adult level. They would be a decent senior team and would more than hold their own in the championship. As it stands neither team are good enough on their own to get promoted to senior and both sets of players are already familiar with each other playing together from underage. You see it alot in other counties especially in Tipperary where well known clubs are Drom&Inch, Loughmore Castleiney, Kilkenny also do it in the rural areas like Tullogher Rosbercon where walter walsh is from, Rower Inistioge home to Kieran joyce. In Waterford they could be called Tourin Cappoquin, or would the Waterford western board be strongly opposed to that as well as with everything else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭noiniho

alllcounty wrote: »
    Why don’t Tourin and Cappoquin join up together at adult level. They would be a decent senior team and would more than hold their own in the championship. As it stands neither team are good enough on their own to get promoted to senior and both sets of players are already familiar with each other playing together from underage. You see it alot in other counties especially in Tipperary where well known clubs are Drom&Inch, Loughmore Castleiney, Kilkenny also do it in the rural areas like Tullogher Rosbercon where walter walsh is from, Rower Inistioge home to Kieran joyce. In Waterford they could be called Tourin Cappoquin, or would the Waterford western board be strongly opposed to that as well as with everything else.

It would seem to make sense, the all play together at underage and in school, Tourin must be caught for numbers now? like every other small club in the country.

There cant be that huge a rivalry bewteen the two clubs? they werent in the same division until a few years ago and the same coaches would have coached nearly all the players from both teams that played with Cappoquin underage???.... (I could be calling this totally wrong)

Tourin have won a senior county championship, maybe with history like that they will never join another club. I wonder has any stand alone club that won a senior county championship joined up with a neighbouring club? I am thinking portlaw ballyduff, did they win a hurling title together in the 80s??

It would seem to make sense, the all play together at underage and in school, Tourin must be caught for numbers now? like every other small club in the country.

There cant be that huge a rivalry bewteen the two clubs? they werent in the same division until a few years ago and the same coaches would have coached nearly all the players from both teams that played with Cappoquin.... (I could be calling this totally wrong)

Tourin have won a senior county championship, maybe with history like that they will never join another club. I wonder has any stand alone club that won a senior county championship joined up with a neighbouring club? I am thinking portlaw ballyduff??

Actually Affane won a county football title and joined Cappoquin, and the football identity and tradition is lost now

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭alllcounty

There cant be that huge a rivalry bewteen the two clubs? they werent in the same division until a few years ago and the same coaches would have coached nearly all the players from both teams that played with Cappoquin underage???.... (I could be calling this totally wrong)

Tourin have won a senior county championship, maybe with history like that they will never join another club. I wonder has any stand alone club that won a senior county championship joined up with a neighbouring club? I am thinking portlaw ballyduff, did they win a hurling title together in the 80s??

Graigue won a senior county title on their own and also joined up with Ballycallan in Kilkenny and won a senior county title, Killoughey won a senior title also on their own and joined up with Kilcormac in Offaly and won a county title been amalgamated aswell. It has being done in other counties i don’t see how because Tourin won a county title on their own years and years ago they would have too much pride or tradition to join with a neighbouring club at adult level.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Completely forgot to post this lads, from two weeks ago it's an interview we did with John Mullane. It's more about his own career and that so it's not really out of date info :)

Take a look anyway, it's worth a read:

http://www.livegaelic.com/features/livegaelic-legends/livegaelic-legends-john-mullane/

Also, thread title could do with an update ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Thisngs are bad up in Cappoquin if they cant hang on to some of the best underage hurlers they have produced in a long time in Finan and Conor Murray... and their father Fintan after all the work he does underage would be a bigger loss!
    They are doing very well at underage but the adult club must be badly run
    are they after walking out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

For the third game in a row, Mount Sion have defeated Ballygunner. Fairplay to them, they were 2/1 outsiders today.

I think the Championship is wide open. I know it's early but Ballygunner aren't as good as they were a few years ago. De La Salle are missing Madigan and Daniels. Still the team to beat of course. Mount Sion would be front runners in the chasing pack after tonight's win. Early days I know, but they finished well last year and proved there is still enough hurling in them. It'll be interesting, wonder are there any more upsets on the cards this weekend.

For the third game in a row, Mount Sion have defeated Ballygunner. Fairplay to them, they were 2/1 outsiders today.

I think the Championship is wide open. I know it's early but Ballygunner aren't as good as they were a few years ago. De La Salle are missing Madigan and Daniels. Still the team to beat of course. Mount Sion would be front runners in the chasing pack after tonight's win. Early days I know, but they finished well last year and proved there is still enough hurling in them. It'll be interesting, wonder are there any more upsets on the cards this weekend.
    who played well?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Mr Tibbs

What was the score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Mr Tibbs wrote: »
    What was the score.

20-17 sion

tonc76 wrote: »
    20-17 sion
    aussie gleeson score 0-7 points?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

Madigan is back training mountainlad he should be ready in few weeks now an possibly back in at 14 a position you'll like to see him at, come the crunch our only loss is Dano but Shane McNulty is gone straight in there now and so shouldn't be too bad.

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    who played well?

For Mount Sion I'd give man of the match to Stephen "midget" Roche he was in full forward was a real danger anytime he got the ball caused all sort of problems, Ian Galgey done well in stages. Aussie Gleeson was constantly harassed off the ball by Barry Coughlan so he was very ineffective in the first half but come the second they switched Aussie with Sean Ryan who was on opposite wing. Aussie Gleeson came into the game then,and Barry Coughlan got a yellow for off the ball antics on Sean Ryan (flagged by linesman on the bank side who in first half on stand side ignored it) the referee was tommy o'sullivan he was ok 1 or 2 decisions looked strange to say the least but the players didn't argue it,
    Ballygunner looked flat taking nothing away from the Monastery's victory but the have much more in the tank then what I saw last nite, they are a young team but of the county players they have, Shane O'Sullivan was their main man all night he couldn't of done much more he was everywhere, Philip was ok in patches at centre back but I find he's inclined to jus sit in the hole rather than move out unless this was a tactical decision, David O'Sullivan was good but lack of support from midfield partner done him no favours, Brian O'Sullivan has got unbelievable pace really should carry the ball as often as the chance arises,
    Over all not a great spectacle for the neutral, the 2 goalkeepers hadn't a save to make all night but these 2 will certainly make the quarters so there not too worried how things go,

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Mr Tibbs

tonc76 wrote: »
    20-17 sion

Thanks for that, great result for Mount Sion but its very early days yet and a lot of good teams in the county with some exciting young players.

For Mount Sion I'd give man of the match to Stephen "midget" Roche he was in full forward was a real danger anytime he got the ball caused all sort of problems, Ian Galgey done well in stages. Aussie Gleeson was constantly harassed off the ball by Barry Coughlan so he was very ineffective in the first half but come the second they switched Aussie with Sean Ryan who was on opposite wing. Aussie Gleeson came into the game then,and Barry Coughlan got a yellow for off the ball antics on Sean Ryan (flagged by linesman on the bank side who in first half on stand side ignored it) the referee was tommy o'sullivan he was ok 1 or 2 decisions looked strange to say the least but the players didn't argue it,
    Ballygunner looked flat taking nothing away from the Monastery's victory but the have much more in the tank then what I saw last nite, they are a young team but of the county players they have, Shane O'Sullivan was their main man all night he couldn't of done much more he was everywhere, Philip was ok in patches at centre back but I find he's inclined to jus sit in the hole rather than move out unless this was a tactical decision, David O'Sullivan was good but lack of support from midfield partner done him no favours, Brian O'Sullivan has got unbelievable pace really should carry the ball as often as the chance arises,
    Over all not a great spectacle for the neutral, the 2 goalkeepers hadn't a save to make all night but these 2 will certainly make the quarters so there not too worried how things go,

What's the story with Philip Mahony? Is he gone after next weekends game?

I assume Hartley wasn't playing?

What's the story with Philip Mahony? Is he gone after next weekends game?

I assume Hartley wasn't playing?

Not too sure when Philip is off, no Hartley passed me goin thru turn stiles

• Advertisement

Not too sure when Philip is off, no Hartley passed me goin thru turn stiles

Can anyone put up the two starting 15's please

Waterford minor footballers will play Kerry in Kerry on Wednesday the 15th of May after Kerry beat Clare 15 points to 9 in Tralee.

Can anyone put up the two starting 15's please

Iggy
    Ozzy Ryan Stephen o'neill. AN OTHER (Peter penkert maybe)
    tony Browne Owen whelan kenny Stafford
    Michael gaffney Martin O'neill
    Sean Ryan eoin mac Austin Gleeson
    Ian Galgey Stephen Roche Martin F o'neill (I think)

SOK
    Ian kenny Alan Kirwan Stephen okeeffe
    Shane Walsh Philip Mahoney Barry Coughlan
    David o Sullivan Harley Barnes
    Paudie Mahoney Shane sully Barry o Sullivan
    Conor power JJ Hutchison Brian O'Sullivan
    ( not sure was it Shane Walsh wing back)

Forgive me if I'm being a bit cheeky, but does anyone have the team lineups for tomorrow's games? I would think the programme last night had them included?

Forgive me if I'm being a bit cheeky, but does anyone have the team lineups for tomorrow's games? I would think the programme last night had them included?

Is their anyway of posting a pic on this? it wud be faster for me to put up both sets of teams for tomorrow

Is their anyway of posting a pic on this? it wud be faster for me to put up both sets of teams for tomorrow

Do you have a webcam?

You could take a picture, and then use this http://tinypic.com/ and give the link in a post here.

Would greatly appreciate it :)

Do you have a webcam?

You could take a picture, and then use this http://tinypic.com/ and give the link in a post here.

Would greatly appreciate it :)

3329etf.jpg

Do you want the tallow game aswell

Do you want the tallow game aswell

Not really, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Dungarvan team if it's no hassle?

• Advertisement

357fr05.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement